PDA

View Full Version : Theming at SFgadv

SFgadvfreak
07-20-2001, 03:57 PM
If Six Flags Great Adventure was to get a new themed area what would you like it to be and where?

Mine would be a futuristic themed area behind the Northern Star Areana.

SfgadvaWs
07-20-2001, 04:16 PM
Mine would be a Scary themed area that goes back in the woods behind the Pendulum/Free Fall area. Then we could have FrightFest all year round.

DragonSamurai
07-20-2001, 05:07 PM
WWF Theme !!!

Each coaster and ride after a wwf wrestler lololololol :)

Kopp8699
07-20-2001, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by SFgadvfreak
If Six Flags Great Adventure was to get a new themed area what would you like it to be and where?

i like that idea! good idea SFgadvfreak!

coasterfreak1080
07-31-2001, 09:57 AM
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJRNWO316
07-31-2001, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I'd want a futuristic area with a 4d and a flying coaster.

Honan Beetch
08-01-2001, 02:18 AM
Come to think of it, not many parks have a futuristic themed area. That's pretty strange.....

Amy
08-01-2001, 08:27 AM
You know why? Because people's ideas of the future become retro as we enter the future. :) That happened with WDW and DL. Walt Disney's idea of the future way back wasn't how it turned out to be, and it started to look out of date. They themed it to the 19th century/early 20th century idea of what the furture wold be like.

SFGAdv doesn't do much with theming. Movietown is only remotely themed, and those giant Teepee's and wagons were in the park before SF took it over. It would be cool if they themed the land in a spooky kind of way, kind of the Disney Villians idea. I don't go for the whole WWF thing though. ;)

AJRNWO316
08-01-2001, 11:24 PM
A wwf themed area? That would be interesting. Imagine riding the Rock Bottom then hopping over to the Stone Cold Stunner.

HighJander
08-02-2001, 03:07 AM
But they cant go with a wrestling theme... who's to say that will always be popular?.... I like the Futuristic theme deal with a 4D and flying... because when u think about they can be easily themed to the future... Flying through the air flipping... very futuristic

DrachenFire96
08-02-2001, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by AJRNWO316
A wwf themed area? That would be interesting. Imagine riding the Rock Bottom then hopping over to the Stone Cold Stunner.

Technically Nitro fits in to that theme if you think about it, granted its a bit out now, but I remember monday night Nitro.

Medusa1861
08-02-2001, 11:02 AM
I agree the futeristic theme would be kinda cool,with a 4d there

JIM007
08-02-2001, 01:59 PM
If Great Adventure was to add a new themed area, they should add one where all the rides are operating. That would be a change, wouldn't it?

TankRust
08-02-2001, 02:54 PM
I think they should add an area called "Ghetto Town".... It would be a place where people could freely draw on the walls in the ride queues and vandalize things.

Oh wait, people have already done that to the rest of the park.

AJRNWO316
08-02-2001, 03:34 PM
A themed area where all rides operate??? Hmmmm... that's a little out of their league. The cost for theming and maintenance. would be through the roof!!

HighJander
08-02-2001, 11:44 PM
lol thats just alittle to much for your money there.. Six flags must think people like to pay 50 bucks for 1/2 the rides open ;)

NitroExplodes
08-03-2001, 08:54 AM
It would be cool to have a new themed area by Medusa and Log Flume. They could make it a foresty like feel and have suspended coasters or a 4D with head/feet choppers, and an out of control woodie, or a Dive Machine.

AJRNWO316
08-03-2001, 12:04 PM
I'd still want a futuristic area. I don't care if it looks retro in 20 years.

Shadow0919
08-04-2001, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by TankRust
I think they should add an area called "Ghetto Town".... It would be a place where people could freely draw on the walls in the ride queues and vandalize things.

Oh wait, people have already done that to the rest of the park.

HA HA HA! Yeah, what a crap hole... I wouldn't have a season pass, though, if the rides weren't AWWESOME!

NitroExplodes
08-04-2001, 05:24 PM
The place has writing on it because of the TRASH that comes into the park from not around the area. The people that live around GA appreciate the park and do not destroy it. It's the people that are like animals, that come from a dump, which make six flags ga. look like a dump. If I owned the park, I would make it look like my yard, which has won contests and has been in magazines.

Amy
08-04-2001, 10:47 PM
Actually, it's mostly the people who live around the area that don't take care of it too well. Prob. a combination of both, but SFGAdv isn't in the nicest area of New Jersey. I actually heard someone once say it's because it's close to NYC. What a joke! lol. I've seen less graffitti in a New York Subway station than I have on the walls of Batman and Robin: The Chiller.

AJRNWO316
08-05-2001, 11:27 AM
I have a little saying that I blurt out to members of the party I'm with before I go to Great Adventure and I have yet to post it here but here goes. I'm sure everyone will like it.

"Ahhhh, Six Flags Great Adventure. Where the scum of the tri-state area congregate for a day of fun in the sun."

NitroExplodes
08-05-2001, 05:02 PM
Batman and Robin is supposed to look like that.

Amy
08-05-2001, 10:21 PM
Originally, it was themed a bit. But, now everyone on line decided to scratch in their initials, amung other things. Trust me, it wasn't always like that, and christened with gum.

NitroExplodes
08-06-2001, 08:42 AM
Over the years there is more, but it gives it that certain look that adds excitement to the ride.

Medusa1861
08-06-2001, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by NitroExplodes
The place has writing on it because of the TRASH that comes into the park from not around the area. The people that live around GA appreciate the park and do not destroy it. It's the people that are like animals, that come from a dump, which make six flags ga. look like a dump. If I owned the park, I would make it look like my yard, which has won contests and has been in magazines.
OK are you like a rich person or what are you because you said you have filing on Tuesday and now you say your garden won contests, Where you on TV? because i saw that they had people with real nice and big gardens.

All the scrached in stuff doesn't bother me it's the gum!
Oh, Yeah i want to know if anybody here has scrached anything in there, don't lie! I was going to but i couldn't find any room!

AJRNWO316
08-06-2001, 11:50 AM
I always wanted to write my name on Batman the Ride but never had a pen.

icecold9889
08-06-2001, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SFgadvfreak

Ya i think a futuristic 1 would be cool. They could have a 4th demesion rollercoaster there!

Amy
08-06-2001, 03:32 PM
Who cares if he's rich or not? Is there something wrong with rich people?

B&R: The Chiller. Graffitti adding excitement? No, actually. It just makes the park look dirty. People should take care of their park. I'm sorry, but a bunch of gum on the wall doesn't build up excitement for the ride, it skeeves me out.

Honan Beetch
08-07-2001, 05:30 AM
Now I just realized that the park is a bit dirty. They should do something about that! Still, Nitro is their most awesome coaster! Nitro rules!