PDA

View Full Version : Coney Island amusement operator named by city

Leo C
01-21-2010, 09:41 PM
On Tuesday New York City officials chose an operator for the amusements section of Coney Island.

The US subsidiary of the Italian rides firm Zamperla was chosen as the new amusement park operator. Zamperla USA was among several bidders for the pro... Click here to read more... (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/3444/coney-island-amusement-operator-named-by-city.html)

Tanks4me05
01-23-2010, 08:10 AM
I have to say, although I am happy that something is going to be at Coney Island, I am not too happy that it might just end up being a Zamperla showroom. Don't get me wrong, I like Zamperla, but a park always needs more variety than just one company. (Usually... Europa Park is an exception.)

Leo C
01-23-2010, 12:49 PM
I'll take any of their portable coasters they may want to put up as part of their showcase that maybe they have on hand at their headquarters. I know the time is short.

The Gent
01-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Actually...if Zamperla puts in its state of the art rides this could be a great park. They make a wide enough variety that it won't be dull.

Leo C
01-23-2010, 04:48 PM
What are the chances to get a Motocoaster, Volaire model, or a wild mouse in so quickly? I'm not crazy about the Volaire but it's up at Rye Playland, within the NYC market. I would come up for any of those models.

Tanks4me05
01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
^^I just remembered their Mixer. I don't see it on their website, but hopefully they still make it.