PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Themepark in California?

X COASTER
07-21-2001, 02:39 PM
So, what themepark do you all think is the best in California?

Zach
07-21-2001, 02:43 PM
Please post all threads containing polls in the Polls forum. I'm moving it there now. Thanks

Zach

Magnum will always rule!
07-21-2001, 03:03 PM
Knott's Berryfarm is because of the QUALITY not the quanity!

antfarm007
07-21-2001, 04:04 PM
KBF is the best!!!

Does SFMM qualify for a theme park???

Marcus
01-20-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Magnum will always rule!

Exactly whyI think KBF is the best in California. With the new Xcellorator, its gonna be a even better park

CPFan
01-20-2002, 02:13 PM
Magic Mountain, because it seems like its the better of all of those, but i haven't been to any except Disneyland. I hear Knott's is really good too.

gravitron
01-20-2002, 03:02 PM
KBF. its my fav park

Jokercoaster
01-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Disneyland it was the first and still is the best

Chris L
01-20-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR

Exactly whyI think KBF is the best in California. With the new Xcellorator, its gonna be a even better park

Xcelerator. Learn how to spell it right. I think I've seen you spell it 5 different wrong ways.

Natelox
01-20-2002, 05:05 PM
thats a tough choice, but i would go with SFMM and having Disneyland/DCA in second/third place.

Graham
01-20-2002, 05:05 PM
Six Flags Magic Mountain because of there grate coaters

Skeeber
01-20-2002, 05:42 PM
The best THEME park would be Disneyland or Bonfante gardens...

Marcus
01-20-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by kraxleRIDAH

Xcelerator. Learn how to spell it right. I think I've seen you spell it 5 different wrong ways.

This is how much I really care....... O wait I really dont care. Why dont you find a life instead of focusing on my spelling

SFGadvKing
01-20-2002, 06:28 PM
i have never been to any of them but by looks, sfmm is the best. actually imo, by looks, sfmm is the best in the world. they have the most coasters in the world and one of almost every kind. in my eyes, its quantity, not quality.

Chris L
01-20-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR

This is how much I really care....... O wait I really dont care. Why dont you find a life instead of focusing on my spelling

Haha. Please don't be offended. I was just helping you out so nobody else jumps on your for your incorrect spelling. Oh and by the way, you have just as much as a life as I do or even less than me because you post way more than I do. So feel free to find a life as well.

1984 v. 2.5
01-20-2002, 06:46 PM
Ummmmm.. SFMM since it has like three times as many coasters as any other park in the state.

Raging Rider
01-20-2002, 11:43 PM
SFMM, it looks like it has the best coasters.

I_heart_airtime
01-21-2002, 04:58 AM
If this is THEMEpark then I can't see why anyone could really argue against the superiority of Disneyland. I'd put DCA in second and then Knotts in third. Obviously this is taken as best park.

C
01-21-2002, 10:41 AM
it's definately SFMM, with KBF second, and DLand third. SFMM has many great rides, but KBF has only a couple rides, but they're all good.

and probably most, if not all, the people who said KBF is better than SFMM are CP fanboys and have never been to SFMM. I guess X, Deja Vu, Riddlers Revenge, Viper, Goliath, Collosus, Psyclone, and Batman: the Ride aren't quality, but i'd take one of them over a boomerang and shuttle loop. if the theroy is that the park with the most coasters gets the quantity/quality treatment, what about CP?

HisDougness
01-21-2002, 02:35 PM
If we're talking about theming, then SFMM isn't the best. KBF has a great combination of thrill rides and exceptional theming. Disneyland, of course, has great theming too.

Originally posted by Magnum will always rule!

But if we're talking about rides... then it has to be SFMM. I just don't see how you and CeDaRPoInTzTeR can say that the quality of thrill rides rides at KBF is better than the quality of rides at SFMM. Let's compare:

KBF - Schwartzkopf shuttle looper (which is great!), CCI woodie (also great), new Intamin launched ride, Vekoma Boomerang, long kiddie coaster, S&S turbo drop, Intamin water ride, rapids ride, log flume, assortment of flat rides and mild rides

SFMM - Giovanola hyper (one of the world's best), Arrow 4th Dimension (yeah, I know CPzter, it's a death trap), Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang (amazing), B&M Standup (although the tallest/fastest/longest, underrated IMO), B&M Inverted (yeah, a clone, but still a great ride), Arrow Mega Looper (rough but still fun), Intamin launched shuttle coaster (you guys bag on it, but it did set a speed record)... the list goes on. Plus a log flume that's better than the KBF one.

I love both parks, but the way I see it, SFMM has some very high-quality rides... many more quality rides than KBF. I think it's unfair of you guys to bag on SFMM just to support Cedar Fair and to make CP look better.

I'm a roller coaster fan, not a park fan. I don't type what I do to be an SFMM fanboy, but instead to defend some of the greatest coasters in the world that people like CeDaRPoInTzTeR bag on to boost their egos. Let's stop the hate so that we can appreciate every coaster for what it is.

IB Maniac
01-21-2002, 02:53 PM
Get over it CP fans...stop trying to boost the support for your park by bashing SFMM when you know that SFMM is far better than KBF. I mean, come on, there is no way in h*ll that KBF has more quality rides than SFMM. Goliath, X, Riddler's Revenge, Deja Vu, Viper, Batman: The Ride....that's not quality?

Hector
01-21-2002, 08:17 PM
I love SFMM it has most of what I'm looking for. I go to KN+BF for the rest (theming) SFMM is a great park and IMO is the best in cali but all the others are great as well.

PhantomRevnge67
01-23-2002, 10:47 AM
definatley six flags magic mountain. nothing in cali can even compare to it.

BrooklynRider
02-15-2002, 04:31 PM
SFMM

RagingBull#1
02-15-2002, 06:12 PM
should this be a question, sfmm

Kyle L
02-16-2002, 01:13 AM
SFMM duh! But if u don't like coasters (why are u on the boards?!) then defenetley disneyland since they got tame coasters.

APJSFR1
02-16-2002, 08:51 AM
I have never been there but I would have to say as far as coasters go I would have to say Six Flags Magic Mountain, but for all around park, my vote would have to go to Knott's Berry Farm. I feel that Knott's is well put together and has lots of fun rides and thrills for kids, everything for a perfect amusement park, and they are not jammed full of coasters, like Magic Mountain seems to be. I think that It is more balanced in all of the aspects, as Magic Mountain is not.

gravitron
02-16-2002, 11:28 AM
SFMM

RiddRevenger
02-16-2002, 12:24 PM
You said best theme park. SFMM isn't exactly world renowned for their theme. I said Disneyland.

Alex T
03-09-2002, 02:34 PM
SFMM, They have the best rides out of those parks and really the only thing I noticed that was lacking in that park was theming.

Aaron
03-09-2002, 06:03 PM
If you mean "Best Themepark" as park with best theming, then I'd have to say the two Disney parks. If you mean "Best Themepark" as in the best park, then Magic Mountain, with KBF as the second best.