PDA

View Full Version : Most thrilling drop ride?

RideofSteel
07-21-2001, 08:14 PM
What do you think is the most thrilling drop ride out there? I'm not asking for the best one, I'm asking for the most thrilling, the most intense one. I mean, most S&S or Giant Drop freefall rides are basically the same, and a lot of them only differ in height by 10 or 20 feet. So, which one is the most thrilling?

Chris L
07-21-2001, 10:54 PM
Unlike most people I know of who prefer the Intamin AG Giant Drops, I personally like the intense -1 G blast down on the S&S Turbo Drops.

serpent king
07-21-2001, 10:56 PM
me too

Coaster131
07-22-2001, 08:38 PM
The Intamin Giant Drops are the best!!! Nothing can beat true freefall. The S&S blast is just boring. One split second of "whee" and then it's just boring. You should see me on them. We get to the top, wait, as soon as we drop I say "wheeeeee" very sedately, and then just sit there. Quite boring.

Now, Pit Fall at KennyWood on the other hand is EXCELLENT!!!! It's hillside setting, it's nice looooooooooooong drop that you think will never end, the true airtime, and the smell of grease! Hoping that the magnetic brakes work. Excellent. Nothing will beat a true free-fall.

edh101985
07-22-2001, 08:55 PM
Acrophobia

Chris L
07-23-2001, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Coaster131
The Intamin Giant Drops are the best!!! Nothing can beat true freefall. The S&S blast is just boring. One split second of "whee" and then it's just boring. You should see me on them. We get to the top, wait, as soon as we drop I say "wheeeeee" very sedately, and then just sit there. Quite boring.

Now, Pit Fall at KennyWood on the other hand is EXCELLENT!!!! It's hillside setting, it's nice looooooooooooong drop that you think will never end, the true airtime, and the smell of grease! Hoping that the magnetic brakes work. Excellent. Nothing will beat a true free-fall.

But the Intamin Giant Drops end right at the bottom when they strike the brakes while the S&S towers have 2-3 rebounds and smaller "drops" following the big one. Plus, the S&S rides drop further down the tower than the gravity powered towers because the gravity powered free-falls need to be slowed down starting from a higher point or else the landing would be very disastrous...if you know what I mean. The magnet portion of the tower usually is 1/3 of the entire structure.

avalancheboy
07-23-2001, 05:42 AM
giant drob at dreamworld in australia!!!!!!!

380 ft free fall
most thrilling ride ive ever been on

CoolCoasterKid
07-23-2001, 02:47 PM
I would have to say that the most intense one I've been on would have to be the "Drop of Fear" at Seaside Heights. It is an S&S freefall ride that does both the Turbo Drop and Space Shot. It was well worth the $8 :)

SFGadvKing
07-23-2001, 05:16 PM
big shot

Thrill Rider
07-23-2001, 05:21 PM
Drop Zone at PKI. The view is incredible and the drop feels like it is never going to end.

The_Evil_Tediz
07-23-2001, 05:39 PM
Supreme Scream

X Marks The Spot
07-23-2001, 05:58 PM
Acrophobia is the best thrilling drop ride ever. Espicially the tilt and stand-uping feet dangling. Wooooo. What a rush!!!!

X

shallowdays
07-23-2001, 07:56 PM
i'd have to agree with avalancheboy
the giant drop at dreamworld is definetely the most thrilling drop ride

Wackokid
07-23-2001, 08:22 PM
supreme scream

Gareth Lewis
07-24-2001, 08:43 PM
Apocalypse at Drayton Manor, England.

Reasonably tall with stand up cars that drop you, plus you are tilted slightly to add to the intensity, awesome.

Andy Hodgson
07-25-2001, 11:13 AM
id have to say pitfall is my fav. and most thrilling drop ride.