PDA

View Full Version : CBS show to feature Herschend CEO

Leo C
03-25-2010, 11:03 PM
The CEO of Herschend Family Entertainment, a leading family theme park and attractions company, will be featured on a popular new CBS show. On Sunday, March 28th the show Undercover Boss will follow CEO and president Joel Manby through the Herschend ... Click here to read more... (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/3643/cbs-show-to-feature-herschend-ceo.html)

Michael C
03-26-2010, 05:09 PM
I've known about this for a few weeks already set a reminder. The show itself is pretty good. will be fun to see one at an Amusement park.

Katie
03-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I will be DVR'ing this episode. Looks great!

I love DW
03-26-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm excited about this episode. I love this show in general.

It's been released he will be working 5 jobs. 2 will be at Silver Dollar City (turnstile host, and night shift hosing down the park), a waiter at Showboat Branson Belle, a co-captain type position at Ride the Ducks at Stone Mountain park, and then working at the Advenutre Aquarium.

I just listend to a radio interview about this and this episode was actually shot while "Undercover Boss" was still a pilot series a network had not picked it up yet so Herschend had no idea it was going to be the huge sucess on CBS that it has turned out to be.

Leo C
03-27-2010, 01:51 AM
I recognized the aquarium logo. The CEO came to the aquarium by me in Camden, NJ. Adventure Aquarium was formerly the New Jersey State Aquarium, opened in the early 90's. They had some really boring fish there. I'm glad for the expansion Herschend added to the aquarium after they acquired it.

I love DW
03-28-2010, 01:40 AM
I will be DVR'ing this episode. Looks great!

Just to let you know the NCAA tournament will probably push back the start time. Last week's episode was delayed 40 minutes. Amazing Race is on right before it which starts as soon as the game is over. I don't know if your DVR is set for whenever it does come on or a specific time but I thought I would let you know cause HFE posted on their Facebook about the possible delay.

Leo C
03-28-2010, 10:15 PM
It is delayed but I watched it all but 60 minutes: NCAA, Amazing Race, and this. When the CEO is in Camden at Adventure Aquarium the bridge behind him is the Ben Franklin Bridge. It connects Camden to Philadelphia. The big shot that's missing there is the Center City Philadelphia skyline to the left of the bridge. From the aquarium windows you could see the skyline right across the Delaware River.

Michael C
03-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Just got don watching the show. One of the best this season. i liked that they talked to the general Employees. they didn't concentrate on any management positions like they have in past episodes.

Marcus
03-28-2010, 10:47 PM
The girl at the aquarium...Amazing. She continued wiping the aquarium window while she explained her back-story. I really admire this and she deserved her raise. I wish I had more employees like her.

Now that punk kid from SDC...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...I nearly turned a table over when he came on.
"just lean it down, you really can't hurt the stroller"
How could you work there that many years and not realize the damage caused to strollers by dropping a stack on the ground? The lower brace bar can easily be dislocated, wheels can be bent, and the back clamp could snap right off preventing the stroller from being locked in the upright position. If you looked in the background, you could see the damaged strollers and wheelchairs tucked in the corners of the rental center. Garbage, I would have written him up on the spot. The repair labor and materials for the strollers are a small expense, but procedures should still be in place to help reduce it. Not surprised the episode ended with him crying like a *****
*end rant*

A lot of sad background situations from some of the employees. I wonder how many other employees they recorded that didn't make the cut.

Leo C
03-28-2010, 10:53 PM
I was looking forward to watching that guy cry though. The RCT file was a cool geeky mention.

The Toader
03-29-2010, 01:08 AM
I like how he had this RCT coaster that he thought would be cool for the park, and ends up showing the CEO of the company. I wonder what was going through the CEO's head? "Oh boy. Another fan boy with his expansion ideas". ;)

Michael C
03-29-2010, 11:42 AM
I came across this news report about the show. A lot of comments posted also.

'Undercover Boss' review: Amusement park boss gets taken for a ride | EW.com (http://watching-tv.ew.com/2010/03/28/undercover-boss-joel-manby-herschend/)

Here is another article I found talking about the changes and why he did it.

http://Fundercover-boss-finds-herschend-parks-can-be-very-entertaining%2F (http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/03/25/undercover-boss-finds-herschend-parks-can-be-very-entertaining/?icid=main|aim|dl4|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fjobs.aol.com %2Farticles%2F2010%2F03%2F25%2Fundercover-boss-finds-herschend-parks-can-be-very-entertaining%2F)

Seems the company will be sending out a letter to announce the assistance available to them.

rjholla2003
03-29-2010, 08:12 PM
This episode was awesome. I too found the stroller part a little funny with the "You can't hurt it" comment. The stories from all of the Team Members were all a small kick to the gut. I'm happy he found a way to help them.

I'm really impressed with what Herchend has done with the Adventure Aquarium in Camden. I used to call it the "Two-Fish Aquarium" when it was the State Aquarium. I hated it, and I haven't been back in many years. After seeing the shape it's in now, I may have to plan a visit this summer. It looks like it actually lives up to the title of "Aquarium" now.