PDA

View Full Version : My new plan for life...

Coaster131
07-22-2001, 07:44 PM
When I was on vacation this past week (KennyWood, SFWoA, CP) I really started thinking. Originally, I wanted to move down to Florida and live near the Orlando theme parks. When I went out to Ohio, I changed my mind.

Now, I would like to move out to Ohio to be closer to the greatest amusement park ever, Cedar Point. Also, since CCI works out of Ohio, I could get my roots worked into the industry of building coasters. I would learn all of the basics, and then start my own company.

Does this sound like a good plan to anyone else? Also, my family in NJ is just a short plane ride away!

Coaster Clown
07-22-2001, 08:14 PM
My life plan exactly!
I live in West Virginia and I usually spend one day a week at an Ohio amusement park, and as a college student it's hard to balance time ande money, especially during Halloweekends at CP!

Can't wait to go to CP on FRIDAY! WHUT WHUT!!!

MCL

Aaron
07-22-2001, 08:24 PM
Excellent plan. Not only will you be next to one of the worlds greatest amusment parks (if not the greatest), but you'll also be involved in CCI, the B&M of wooden coasters. I envy you

P.S. I'm going to study physics and engineering. Hire me for your company. ;)

Marc
07-22-2001, 09:04 PM
When you start your roller coaster company, I'll hire you to Build a Coaster for the park I'm going to open.

Erik Johnson
07-22-2001, 10:22 PM
Please post all poll threads in the new Polls Forum from now on. Thanks! I'm moving this thread there now.

antfarm007
07-26-2001, 08:01 AM
move on peeps, realize that this kinda stuff doesn't happen to everyone just for moving to Ohio, I doubt anyone on this forum would open an anusement park too, I think that 20-years down the road, its gonna be very hard to get the zoning, and permits for this kinda stuff, unless if your in an area with nothing, like montana, but they have fires, even on a coastal area, if you have people near you, they'll complain about noise, you're best bet is not to waste years of your life on stuff like this when it won't happen, you cant have an amusement park if there are people near you.

R@ptor
07-26-2001, 10:19 AM
I would say the best choice would be if you spend the summer in Ohio and the winter in Florida. Because during the winter it is very cold in Ohio and all theme parks are closed while in Florida all parks are open and the temparute is still around 85F. If I were you, that would be what I'm doing.

Honan Beetch
07-26-2001, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I totally agree with what you said. You can go to Ohio in the summer time because it's where all the awesome theme parks are. In winter, just head on South and go to sunny Florida. That's where all the awesome themed theme parks are.

Marcus
01-18-2002, 12:01 AM
Yah I would go for Ohio if I had the chance. In Ohio you get hot summers and cold winters, giving a experiance of different types of climate and plenty of theme parks. And if everything fails, you can just go back to Florida

BrooklynRider
01-18-2002, 08:13 AM
If you can dream it, you can do it. There is boldness in action. Once you decide how, begin it and the universe will move with you.

PhantomRevnge67
01-18-2002, 10:40 AM
well thats not my plan but its still a good one. my plan is to move close to kings dominion in virginia. so i can be close to PKD and BGW

may the FORCE be with you
01-18-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by PhantomRevnge67
well thats not my plan but its still a good one. my plan is to move close to kings dominion in virginia. so i can be close to PKD and BGW that's not a bad idea, you got SFA too, but I'd rather be closer to that Ohio/PA area.

Jokercoaster
01-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by PhantomRevnge67
well thats not my plan but its still a good one. my plan is to move close to kings dominion in virginia. so i can be close to PKD and BGW I like this plan

APJSFR1
01-18-2002, 06:00 PM
that sounds really good, and I'd like to have my life end up that way and work at a rollercoaster company, would you hire me?

Yes, I think that your plan is a good one, but I think that you should make the decision based on yourself, and I don't think that we other members should intervene in your decision, because we are people that you will probably never meet. I think that you will enjoy to have a life like the one that you describe.

Natelox
01-18-2002, 09:12 PM
you should move to so cal.

Raging Rider
01-19-2002, 11:39 PM
Sounds good to me. Somebody had to search pretty far to find this, huh.

BrooklynRider
02-15-2002, 08:28 AM
So, how is this plan coming along?