PDA

View Full Version : An S&S Turbo 300 foot drop might land in Hershey

Coasterama
05-08-2001, 09:03 PM
Maybe Hershey will get a freefall!

Coasterfanatic1
05-08-2001, 09:10 PM
Okay Coasterma, the scoop that I have heard on this topic, is that Hershey got the variance approval for heights of 300 feet, therefore you can read into that one what you will, but I believe they are instore for a new Mega Coaster, being that havent really put anything coaster wise new there since the inverted one a couple years ago now..

Coasterama
05-08-2001, 09:13 PM
They just put in Lightning Racer last year!
<BR>
<BR>Also, Project 2002 will include something in the range of 200-300 feet and an S&S

Thrillguy87
06-29-2001, 09:33 PM
i doubt it

Apollo's Chariot
06-29-2001, 09:36 PM
sweet

CoolCoasterKid
06-29-2001, 09:42 PM
Well, let's put the pieces together:
<BR>
<BR>1. It is something between 200-300 feet.
<BR>2. It is supposed to be built by S&S.
<BR>3. They will hopefully get a mega coaster and a freefall.
<BR>
<BR>So, maybe they'll get a big freefall and a TA2K! It's easier to get deals with two rides, so it is possible...
<BR>
<BR>However, since those are kind of extreme, I would write it off as wishful thinking, since Hershey likes to keep to a family theme. I would expect some kind of freefall since they need one, and <i>possibly</i> a steel hyper coaster.

RideofSteel
07-01-2001, 09:42 AM
A 300 foot Turbo Drop would maybe seem a little out of place in Hersheypark, since it's more of a family park and doesn't even have any rides over 200 feet tall. A freefall, though, would definitely increase the park's already high popularity rate, and I don't think there are any of us who'd be upset to see a 300 foot Turbo Drop at any park!

Kraken
07-01-2001, 09:45 AM
We need a 500 foot Turbo Drop, it is possible.

HersheyGuy
07-01-2001, 09:56 AM
They are getting a Setpoint "Swing Thing". After reading last week's Wild Rumors update, I checked with almost all of my supervisors and they all told me the same thing. For 2002: A swinging "water coaster" that is going to be built in the area between Lightning Racer and Tidal Force. Part of the track may go over Canyon River Rapids.
<BR>
<BR>That's the 2002 attraction. No other rides, just that.

SteelPhantom
07-01-2001, 10:00 AM
i want there to be a mega and a freefall, not some water coaster...dammit

trock476
07-01-2001, 10:04 AM
I agree, i would love a mega, ta2k or anything by S&S, but it is all but confirmed theyre getting a swing thing.

dingo65
07-01-2001, 10:27 AM
As much as I would like to see a mega coaster, knowing Hershy Park, they wouldn't do it. like Disny, Hershy focuses on being a family park, not a thrill park like Cedar Point or SFMM. The S&S rides I think would go quite nicely there if you think about it! The Chocolate Drop or Coco Plummet... Sounde cool!

SteelPhantom
07-01-2001, 10:30 AM
yeah but, they did make great bear, that really isnt for every1, its for ppl that like thrills! i think a hyper is what they need, more ppl will go cuz kids will want to ride it, and who else to bring them but parents, so thats a family...cmon hershey, plz make a hyper

Talon22
07-01-2001, 11:28 AM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-07-01 09:42, RideofSteel wrote:
<BR>A 300 foot Turbo Drop would maybe seem a little out of place in Hersheypark, since it's more of a family park and doesn't even have any rides over 200 feet tall. A freefall, though, would definitely increase the park's already high popularity rate, and I don't think there are any of us who'd be upset to see a 300 foot Turbo Drop at any park!
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>That's untrue. The Kissing Tower is WELL over 200 feet.

Nosk8er
07-01-2001, 12:37 PM
is this a 300 foot drop or a 300 foot tower? bcause supreme sceram is like 325 ft to the top of the tower

beltzies64
07-01-2001, 12:41 PM
Yeah guys, unfortuneatly it is true. Hersey will get the next-gen Swing Thing by Setpoint. The first gen rides of this type were the FSS at Carowinds and Pterydon Flyers at IOA. I heard there are some really cool water effects on the Flying Super Saturator.

Coaster Fantom
07-01-2001, 01:05 PM
There has to be something else going on at Hershey. Those S&S, and hyper rumors have been circulating for quite some time. Well over a year. I know that HP is a family park, but they still like to ad some thrill rides as well. I agree with Steel Phantom about the Great Bear. There are alot of people that won't ride that and they still added it. Also look at Dorney how they keep up with Hershey in ways to bring business their way. They added the Talon cause Hershey had the Great Bear. Thats one of the reasons I think that Hershey is going to add a hyper. I think its about staying competitive in the Theme park industry. an S&S and a hyper pretty much are standard rides at amusement parks. Just look at Hersheys competition. Dorney- Steel Force, SFGr8 Adv- Nitro, SF America- Superman, and I could add more, but I think you get the idea. I heard mentioned earlier about disney being a family park which is true, but even they are adding coasters because they know how much attendance will increase as a result of adding them. Plus we all know that hershey needs a good sitdown steel coaster in their collection. With the exception of the Great Bear, The Sidewinder and Wild Mouse The older steel coasters are classic, but have lost the thrill value that they once had. I think a hyper is no more intense than a vekoma boomerang and they added that.

NitroExplodes
07-01-2001, 02:40 PM
I would like to ride one of those water coaster things. i doubt a mega coaster.

Chris L
07-03-2001, 02:43 PM
Hmmm. Another 30 story S&S tower to join the group eh? Knott's Berry Farm's 325 FT <!-- BBCode Start --><B>Supreme Scream</B><!-- BBCode End -->, Cedar Point's 300 FT <!-- BBCode Start --><B>Power Tower</B><!-- BBCode End -->, and WB Movie World's very own 300 footer opening next year. It might be possible though. But remember, they're rumors at this point in time...

Honan Beetch
07-03-2001, 02:49 PM
Hey, it would be cool is Hersheypark did get an S&S turbo drop or space shot. They haven't gotten anything big since Lighting Racer. That'd be awesome!

coaster man098
07-03-2001, 02:58 PM
i dout almost everything till its official