PDA

View Full Version : Giga coaster

RollerFreak
05-08-2001, 09:34 PM
OK people lets think! Who will get the next giga coaster. Think about park history, budget,attendance, etc.

CoasterMike
05-08-2001, 09:49 PM
Its gonna be a Six Flags park, probably SFOT

coasterlove
05-09-2001, 01:53 AM
That's a hard question to answer. So many parks either don't have the money or the space to build a giga. Also some parks like my hometown park SFGam have a height restriction for their coasters. But if I had to guess... PKI, they have so much competition form CP and SFWoA now. They need something BIG to stay in the race

condor27
05-09-2001, 03:18 AM
OK, I am not making up any stories, nor citing one of those 'my cousin working in XXX says', 'the ride op on XXX told me' or 'my friend's dad working on XXX company's board' thing. This is my personal prediction base on who need a hyper or giga to be competitive in business.
<BR>
<BR>BGT: still a mystery about what's coming up in 2002. Many says hyper/giga or stand-up, very likely B&M. I think BGT should go for a hyper/giga, since SFOG already has a stand-up, and the closest hyper is in Virginia. Money is no problem, and space, plentiful!
<BR>Hershey Park: world class monsterous woodies, but what's lack, one big mean steelie.
<BR>Six Flags St. Louis: one Six Flags park with enough attendence, but need a big steelie.
<BR>Six Flags Ohio: to be Cedar Point and PKI beater, you need something more than 200ft, and who knows, the 4th crown jewel of Six Flags may be SFO.
<BR>Paramount Kings Island: Son of Beast flops, big time. Now a big mean machine is needed to battel CP.
<BR>Paramount Kings Dominion: what's missing? Big airtime!
<BR>
<BR>Parks that are definitely not going to get a new hyper/giga:
<BR>Cedar Point: enough is enough
<BR>SFMM: why larger instead of different?
<BR>KBF: tell me where you can put it?
<BR>SFMW: same with KBF, no space

CoasterBill
05-11-2001, 08:58 AM
I know that SilverDollarCity will get the next one!

Tyler Eaves
05-11-2001, 09:02 AM
Here's my take on some of these responces:
<BR>
<BR>SFoT - No way, they just got a hyper.
<BR>SDC - Not gonna happen, as they just got Wild Fire, are not looking to add a new coaster soon, certainly not a giga.
<BR>BGT - Busch has recently announced a big cut in park spending.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>I would say SFO or PKI are the most likely candidates BUT I still wouldn't exactly plan on it any time soon.
<BR>

BryanWood
05-11-2001, 02:22 PM
I think SFWoA,because they have a lot more space with the addition of Sea World.
<BR>
<BR>

HersheyGuy
05-11-2001, 03:27 PM
SFWoA makes a lot of sense. If Six Flags wants to really compete with Cedar Point and PKI, then they need a coaster that can draw people away from CP. I'm talking about if you could go to one park, CP or WoA for one day in the summer, which would you go to? I think almost everyone would choose CP. SFWoA needs a coaster to change that.
<BR>
<BR>While I'd lost to see Hersheypark get a giga (or even hyper for the matter), it's just not going to happen. Space considerations and price are both issues. I'm banking on a floorless/B&M sitdown for Hershey in 2002.

Flix
05-11-2001, 04:16 PM
a european park might get it...but not many peeps no that steel dragon 2000 qualifies as a giga coaster...
<BR>
<BR>i think that most parks are intent on building hypers, and a giga coaster is just too extreme.

IOArules
05-11-2001, 10:57 PM
There is already one confirmed for a park in Japan. I'm not sure the name of the park but it is park that has Fujiyama, the big 250ft. hyper twister. It is a Thrust Air, I think it suppose to be 320ft. or near there.
<BR>

coaster man098
05-11-2001, 11:24 PM
well, SFWOA and PKI are big contenders, but it will defintly be built by intamin or giovanola, because a B+M giga would be WAY too expensive for pretty much any park. also, the comment about PKD and no airtime, go ride hypersonic. as for PKD, they diserve a hyper or giga too, considering how crouded it is, and how all other rides have horrible capacity

The Beast
05-12-2001, 01:11 PM
PKI will probaly get one next year, as it states in the Wild Rumors update. It will be named Titanic and it will be the longest steel roller coaster in the world, right next to the longest wooden, the Beast. I completely believe this Wild Rumor. It makes perfect sense, they just slaked off for 2001 and they need something HUGE for 2002 and this will do nicely.

Tyler Eaves
05-12-2001, 01:12 PM
Honestly, how many of the 'Wild Rumors' have ever happened? Perhaps 1 or 2, and then with some changes. They are called 'Wild Rumors' for a reason.

CoolCoasterKid
05-13-2001, 02:19 AM
Well, we could start w/ a process of elimination.
<BR>
<BR>Parks that are almost definitely NOT getting one:
<BR>
<BR>CP: Just got one
<BR>SFMM: Why w/ Goliath and S:TE?
<BR>SFOT: They just got Titan
<BR>SFGAdv.: They just got Nitro
<BR>Hersheypark: Too little space and just building Giant Center
<BR>Knoebels: They seem to be more into smaller world-class
<BR>
<BR>Do you know any other "probably-not's"?

X2001
05-13-2001, 06:00 PM
You can take SFMM off that list there is no way in hail SFMM would go for the title of Coaster Kingdom without getting a Giga coaster. Why wouldn't they get one when the park there trying to take the title from has one, SFMM can then just say we have the most coasters in the world and one of the coaster is even taller and faster then that <!-- BBcode auto-mailto start --><a href="mailto:MF@CP">MF@CP</a><!-- BBCode auto-mailto end --> and that Steel Dragon @NSL. Believe me SFMM will want to claim that title one day and I believe if no other park builds one by 2003 then you can best be asured SFMM will have one by 2005. I see you haven't rode <!-- BBcode auto-mailto start --><a href="mailto:MF@CP">MF@CP</a><!-- BBCode auto-mailto end --> before b/c anyone in thier right mind would know that Goliath and Superman:TE are nothing like MF. There is no other ride on earth right now that gives you the ride you get on MF, 61* and 80* do not compare to each other 90* dropping backwards and 80* dropping frontwards do not compare to each other so comparing S:TE and Goliath is like comparing a BMW to a pinto you just can't do it. SFMM will get a giga coaster that's way taller then MF probably even with a 90* drop I really hope that it's by Intamin but who knows the next giga coaster builder could be Arrow one day. Anyway when are you guys going to realize that when it comes to parks like SFMM&CP there is no limit to what they can do next, there Super Parks and they will continue to push the limits with new and exciting Rollercoasters&Thrillrides.

Kraken
05-13-2001, 06:23 PM
Sea World. I just know it. Kraken's gonna get a pal.

Drew Thompson
05-15-2001, 04:04 PM
Good luck Kraken; I want one near me just as much as you do. But as you most likely know, Florida has heights restrictions for 200 footers, and they're very hard to get around. All we can do is hope.

rockman89
05-15-2001, 04:14 PM
Hey, what about SFMM, they are surrounded by dessert, well pretty much! I know lots of you people are tired of hearing about SFMM, but I'll be there on Friday so I'm excited!

Catfish
05-15-2001, 04:17 PM
I think it will be Knotts berry farm, they are due for a good new coaster and a giga would help them compete with the other So. Cal. parks

goonsta
05-15-2001, 06:18 PM
Man, you people mention parks building giga's like they're freakin boomerangs.
<BR>
<BR>example:
<BR>
<BR>New for Six Flags Elitch Garden in 2002!!
<BR>
<BR>Frog Hopper
<BR>Kiddie Coaster
<BR>Gigacoaster
<BR>Mad Mouse
<BR>Ferris Wheel
<BR>

Alex Curavo
05-23-2001, 01:52 PM
WoA has a height restriction of 200 ft. due to the location. The people of Aurora dont want to have a 500ft. piece of steel ruining the beautiful tree filled skyline.

squeemu
05-23-2001, 03:08 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-05-15 18:18, goonsta wrote:
<BR>Man, you people mention parks building giga's like they're freakin boomerangs.
<BR>
<BR>example:
<BR>
<BR>New for Six Flags Elitch Garden in 2002!!
<BR>
<BR>Frog Hopper
<BR>Kiddie Coaster
<BR>Gigacoaster
<BR>Mad Mouse
<BR>Ferris Wheel
<BR>
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>HA HA HA! That rocks how you just subtly put gigacoaster in the middle of the list there. I think it will be a LONG time before we see another giga. Knott's getting a giga? C'mon, while I'd love it, how is that going to happen? A hyper would be pushing it, due to finances and space issues. Actually, I doubt we will see one in the next 5 years.

Diehlin
05-23-2001, 05:18 PM
I also doubt it will be anytime soon and it will probably be abroad