PDA

View Full Version : Six Flags or Cedar Fair

CPFan
07-23-2001, 11:13 AM
Which do you like more, Six Flags or Cedar Fair.

Mantis5678
07-23-2001, 03:44 PM
Six flags is ok but cedar fair rocks

trock476
07-23-2001, 03:54 PM
I will say I have mucho respect for Six Flags as they know how to manage not only MANY different parks and their rides, they are very smart business people who know how to market their parks and rides. However, I enjoy the more family type parks that Cedar Fair has (most of them, that is).

CoolCoasterKid
07-23-2001, 04:01 PM
Well I'd have to say Cedar Fair. I went to CP and had one of the best times of my life, while I don't always have great times at SF. Also, I thought CP was run much better, aside from having better coasters IMHO. I haven't been to SF's flagship park, SFMM, so you might not consider this fair, but I would have to say that with my experiences, CF is better.

DeKalb
07-23-2001, 04:44 PM
I've been to 3 SF parks and to 1 CF park (Cedar Point) and Cedar Point was 1000000 times better than all 3 parks combined (not just in rides, but in management, cleanliness, maintenance, employees, security, ect..)

Honan Beetch
07-23-2001, 04:48 PM
Six Flags is a lot better than Cedar Fair only because it's the largest theme park chain in the world. They currently own a lot of theme parks. I don't really know how much, but a bunch of theme hold the Six Flags name. They also have great coasters! I love Six Flags!

Aaron
07-23-2001, 06:37 PM
Six Flags may have more coasters and parks, but nothing can beat Cedar Fair. Coasters aren't everything, and the atmosphere at a Cedar Fair park is incredible. Going to Cedar Point was one of the greatest things I ever experienced.

Medusa1861
07-23-2001, 07:43 PM
Six Flags is so much better. everyone who voted for Cedar Fair went to Cedar Point that's it! This is more like a Six Flags vr. Cedar Point poll! sIX fLAGS IS BETTER

Wackokid
07-23-2001, 08:25 PM
i went to knott's berry farm and i voted for cedar fair...

X COASTER
07-24-2001, 02:26 PM
I also went to KBF and my vote goes to Cedar Fair. The rides, food, theming, and atmosphere are wonderful. So Cedar Fair gets my vote.

SFGadvKing
07-24-2001, 03:07 PM
six flags, probably b/c theres more

HighJander
07-24-2001, 04:30 PM
Six Flags is my vote because they have more parks... Cedar Fair is all well and good but most are only voting because of the point.... what about there smaller parks that are lacking... ValleyFair, Dorney.

X COASTER
07-24-2001, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by HighJander
Six Flags is my vote because they have more parks... Cedar Fair is all well and good but most are only voting because of the point.... what about there smaller parks that are lacking... ValleyFair, Dorney.

What are you talking about? Dorney Park has recently opened their new inverted coaster, Talon. And ValleyFair is probably going to receive an inverted next year called Falcon. Another thing, some people went to KBF, not just Cedar Point. I went to KBF and it's a CF park. It got my vote.

DragonSamurai
08-21-2001, 03:00 PM
LOL im not even gona tell you my answer..cause its treason to my homepark

Raging Rider
08-21-2001, 04:37 PM
Cedar Fair has better atmospheres and coasters. Many SF parks are sub-par. Repeat topic.

X-Cellent
08-21-2001, 04:43 PM
SF wins with quanity but CF wins with quality and quality is betta than quanity so CF (and this comes from a SFMM loyalist)

CoasterfanNE
08-21-2001, 05:34 PM
I've been to 6 different six flags parks and to 5 CF parks and in my experience, CF wins hands down. The overall experience at each of the CF parks beat out all the six flags parks. That being said, Six Flags is a good company and does alot of good things, I just prefer CF.

Natelox
08-21-2001, 09:09 PM
SF, bigger, better

Jokercoaster
09-19-2001, 09:23 PM
Six Flags

RagingBull#1
09-19-2001, 10:15 PM
cedar fair is weak compared to six flags, just look at the number of parks they have.

Raptor
09-19-2001, 10:39 PM
Just because Six Flags is bigger, doesn't make them better. Six Flags doesn't even care about most of its parks anyway. Cedar Fair runs a darn good park.

Coasterlover28
09-19-2001, 10:57 PM
Six Flags all the way!

Cuddy
09-20-2001, 05:57 PM
I encourage the mods to keep a close eye on this one, if they haven't already.

Tough decision. SF vs CF...

How many CF parks bear the name "Cedar Fair" in the name of their parks?? None that I can think of. Same question to that of SF: SFOT, SFWoA, SFMM, SFEG, SFDL, SFA, SFGADV (if I butchered that one, sorry), and any others I missed. I think it takes away from your franchise when you include your company name in the name of your park. It doesn't add uniqueness to them. To someone it might be "just another Six Flags park" and "if you've been to one Six Flags, you been to them all." Now keep in mind, theses are generaliztions, not my personal thoughts.

As far as CF goes, you have Dorney Park, Valleyfair, Knotts Berry Farm, Cedar Point, Michigan's Adventure, and World's of Fun. I don't see the CF name WITHIN the park name itself. That makes each of these parks unique in their own right.

Thats my argument.

CF gets my vote.

Amy
09-20-2001, 06:56 PM
This is a duplicate topic. There are also a few other CP Vs. SFMM or Cp. Vs SFwhatever threads, but the exact duplicate poll can be found here:

http://www.coasterforum.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8288&highlight=Six+Flags+Vs+Cedar+Point

If you want to continue the discussion, please do it there. Thanks!