PDA

View Full Version : Magic Mountain (8/3) I NEED SOME TIPS. PLEASE HELP!!!!

ragingbull05
07-23-2001, 07:19 PM
Im goin to SFMM August 3rd and I was wonderin if anyone could give me some tips on what to do first and if anyone could tell me if X, Deja Vu, and Thrill Shot will be open.

Cycovisions3
07-23-2001, 07:59 PM
Deja Vu might be open since testing has begun. If it is definietly go there first. I doubt X will be open but you never know. Thrill Shot is a pay ride so it shouldn't have a long line or anything...I could be wrong.

If none of the rides are open go to Goliath first and get there when the park opens.

Andy Hodgson
07-23-2001, 08:56 PM
well if im right, aug. 3rd is a thursday and if it is,
the best thing to do is........

get in the very front of the line at the gate, when it opens go to Batman:TR which is past Goliath and next to RR.
When you get to Batman, it hould be an easy walk-on.(since it is the first ride to run its train cause every other ride has to wait for a certain amount of ppl)
this is a great time to get all of your Batman:TR rides in, when i went on a thursday i got 6 straight rides
next head over to RR and get about 3 rides since the line wont be long maybe 3 min.

next we headed over to Colossus and it was walk-on and we got 3 rides.
then i would hit Goliath. the line shouldnt be too long, for us it was only 10 min. and we got 4 rides in 30 min!
next its up to you.
revolution, viper, ninja, goldrusher, and canyon blaster will all be 5 min. waits probably

the only one left is Psyclone. that was a walk-on and i got 17 straight rides. but caution 17 rides gave me a headache, shoulder bruised, splinters in my hand, and red marks down my back.

after that you should have had an excellent time.
enjoy yourself!

Sir Willow
07-24-2001, 12:38 AM
I've posted my routine in 3 other threads for the park. I would do a hunt for those threads and follow that advice. I've tried a bunch of other patterns and routes, and wouldn't trade mine for nothing.

But I can almost gaurantee that none of the three new rides will be open for you. Sorry.

ragingbull05
07-26-2001, 11:47 AM
Please Answer!!

antfarm007
07-26-2001, 01:14 PM
Do what George Burnash does, works for me, I searched and hear it is

Depends on what day you are going. But in many many ways, I would suggest not doing Goliath first, and much of the rest of the park will seem a bit more of a downer, as opposed to if you build up to it.

Assuming that you get there just before the park opens and can go in as they open the gates, here is the pattern I use to get the most rides in, and beat the crowds to most of the major coasters:

In the gates, go to the fountain and hook a left. Over by the carousel you'll see the entrance for Orient Express. Hop on and take that up the hill.

On the top of the mountain, ride S:TE (can do two or three times with no line), then Ninja if it's open. Ninja often opens late and you can always come back to it.

Go down the hill (by the Superman gift shop) and head to Riddler's Revenge. After Riddler's Revenge, head over to Batman: The ride. Both of these you should be able to get two quick rides in before any sort of line forms. But at this point you'll probably see the crowds forming behind you.

Colussus in next in your pattern. Hit that. Then you'll be coming up to Goliath. You should have only been about an hour and a half to two hours, so the line shouldn't be to bad. Take a ride, have fun, and see why Ihad you wait for it!

Flashback can be skipped, or ride it for the count- if it's open. Otherwise try in the evening after Hurrican Harbor has closed.

Then you can head over to Viper and Revolution. If the lines are long, go on Revolution- it's line moves quick. If Viper's lower level is full in the station you're looking about an hour wait. Up to you if you wait that long, but it's a great ride.

Psyclone is in the back if you like to get beat up.

Hit the rapids early if you want to go on those. On a hot day they easily have one of the longest lines in the park. I really like Log Jammer, but it also gets some long lines on hot days.

Oh, and eat at Mooseburger!! You'll pay an extra buck or two a meal, but they wait on you, it's air conditioned, and they have a pretty good buffet. Plus the talking, singing moose.

Have a great trip.

Natelox
07-26-2001, 07:26 PM
definatley ride Golaith, Viper and RR. get there when it opens too. um...u might wanna skip out on Physclone, its not that good, and Batmans rough. Lines for the Revelation are short. extreamly short. about 10mins. all utha lines are around 40mins to 2h long. and foods a bit expensive.

Honan Beetch
07-27-2001, 12:24 AM
If X and Déjà Vu aren't open by then, you have to ride Goliath, Superman The Escape, and The Riddler's Revenge.

Richard Wilson
07-27-2001, 03:21 AM
i would never dream of riding X or Deja if they were open yet... i dont know if its as bad there but when I went to dreamworld over here they had just build a new freefall... the Giant Drop... 400 ft freefall or something.... anyway... they had a sign outside of the ride saying 6 hour queues and i overheard someone saying that their friend was queuing for 4 hours and getting near the front :( now its like 1 hour queue in summer and a walkon in winter :)

~bit off topic but it was sorta an interesting story... i thing! ~

Nosk8er
07-30-2001, 04:22 AM
first of all do not make the common mistake of putting viper atop you to do list, although it is one of the best three rides in the park, the line is hours long and then by late afternoon, when u should have already ridden everything else, the line will be about 15 minutes. It is also great because it will not be a letdown to the other rides earlier that day......

RCTfreak
07-31-2001, 09:10 AM
When I went the 27th a Friday ( a mistake in of its self)
I rode all coasters except Superman: The Escape and the 2 kid coasters.
Any way this is how my day was:
i arivied at the park around 11:00
I went right to Goliath 45 min. wait (good ride)
Then after a ride on Log Jammer
I went to Riddler's Revenge (great ride, has Mantis beat)
Then I went to eat at Panda Express (Near Viper)
Then I headed to Gold Rush (ok ride good for there first coaster)
Then to Psyclone (good ride, something like the Cyclone)
Then to Ninja (very good suspended, end is stupid)
Then I had dinner at Moosebuger Lodge (Great Food)
Then to Colouss(sp?) Only one was open. (ok ride good view of X trains)
Flashback was closed that day (Oh Well)
Then a night ride on Revaloution(sp?) (very smooth)(nice route 2)
Then to Viper (also at night) (very good looper) (rode at night walk on wait) (1:30 eylier(sp?) )
The last coaster of the night Batman : The Ride (Very good inverted)
Before I went I also cought a ride on Tilt-A-Whirl

TIPS BEFORE YOU ARIVIVE:

If you want pictures of X get them right after you enter the SIX FLAGS CALIFORNIA sign.

If you want to see X trains ride collous(sp?) (the entrence farthest from Goliath.

Ride lines are extreamly short after dark.
(Viper, Batman: The Ride, Revaloution)

See the W&B Parade at 9:15

Have a good time at SFMM.

-RCTfreak

The Patman
08-03-2001, 02:24 AM
I'm going to SFMM in December can ayone give me tips. As many as possible please. Unfortunatly I have to go on a Saturday. Surely the newies will be open by then.