PDA

View Full Version : Millenium Force or Ghostrider?

X COASTER
07-24-2001, 02:24 AM
Which coaster do you all think is the best, Millenium Force or Ghostrider?

Wackokid
07-24-2001, 02:25 AM
i've only ridden Ghostrider so i guess i'll say that, but i would love to ride Millennium Force

kcar713
07-24-2001, 09:59 AM
It has to be Millennium Force.

Steve Batchelor
07-24-2001, 10:40 AM
How can you even begin to compare them? They aren't even the same kind of ride. It's like comparing a Jet-Ranger Helicopter to a Boeing 747. Which one is best?

They simply aren't comparable. Most people will say MF because of the speed and scale but GR isn't supposed to be about that.

Silly silly silly

:p

CoolCoasterKid
07-24-2001, 11:28 AM
I agree with Steve-in-London, the two are very different. I haven't been on Ghostrider, but Millennium Force is just amazing and is easily my number 1 coaster. It would be very hard to beat MF in my book, so I'd have to go with it if I had to decide.

markm62
07-24-2001, 11:30 AM
Millenium Force

squeemu
07-24-2001, 01:02 PM
I think that Ghostrider would be, because I just like wood more than steel. However, Millenium force looks to be slight better than most steels I've been on ;). I'll let you know for sure next year!

Andy Hodgson
07-24-2001, 01:11 PM
Millenium Force

X COASTER
07-24-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Steve-in-London
How can you even begin to compare them? They aren't even the same kind of ride. It's like comparing a Jet-Ranger Helicopter to a Boeing 747. Which one is best?

They simply aren't comparable. Most people will say MF because of the speed and scale but GR isn't supposed to be about that.

Silly silly silly

:p

You can compare a steel coaster with a wooden coaster. On many top 10 list they compare steel and wood(like NAPHA). Millenium Force has speed and some airtime. Ghostrider has a wild wicked experience with airtime. But which one do you like better the speed and smoothness(MF) or the wild wicked experience(Ghostrider). Some people might like wood better than steel. Some people like steel over wood. On some list Ghostrider almost defeated MF for number 1 spot. So I think you can compare woodie with a steel.

DragonSamurai
07-24-2001, 04:16 PM
lol this comparison is ludicrus!!!

Aaron
07-24-2001, 06:28 PM
Millenium Force and Ghostrider cannot be compared. Both are winners in their category, but having been on both, each gives such a different ride that any comparison is rediculous.

Honan Beetch
07-24-2001, 08:35 PM
What kind of question is that? Duh?! Millenium Force is WAAAY better than GhostRider. Millenium Force is much bigger and much better. I haven't ridden GhostRider yet, but I know Millenium Force is a lot better than it! I don't even think GhostRider is worth comparing to Millenium Force. I mean I don't have any reason why I should choose a 118 foot tall wooden coaster over a 310 giga coaster. Millenium Force rocks!

Superman
07-24-2001, 09:04 PM
MF is 10 times better

Graham
01-24-2002, 03:35 PM
I like both of them but MF is better.;party;

IB Maniac
01-24-2002, 03:43 PM
Most people would beg to differ when you say the Ghostrider is the best woodie, including myself. I don't even consider it a top ten woodie...

Screamweaver
01-24-2002, 03:53 PM
OK guys stop wimping out. You can compare anything you want, coasters do not have to be in the same category to compare them.

I'll go against the grain and say Ghostrider. It doesn't have the speed of course, but has more airtime in it's little finger than MF has in it's entire layout. Speed alone doesn't do much for me, and MF has little more than that IMO. Even Mr. Kinsel said that every park should have a ride like Ghostrider, no one has ever said that about MF.

Ghostrider certainly isn't the best woody in the world, but it blows away every other wooden coaster in the CF and SF chain.

Jokercoaster
01-24-2002, 03:57 PM
MF

gravitron
01-24-2002, 05:57 PM
they both are awesome at what they are supposed to do

Marcus
01-24-2002, 07:11 PM
OK there shouldnt even be a poll that compares a coaster to Millennium Force because its always the same winner.

Wackokid
01-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by IB Maniac
Most people would beg to differ when you say the Ghostrider is the best woodie, including myself. I don't even consider it a top ten woodie...
then what is a top ten woodie?

PhantomRevnge67
01-24-2002, 07:41 PM
well i havent ridden either, but im getting a chance over the summer to ride MF, so ima say MF for now.

Raging Rider
01-26-2002, 12:07 AM
MF, what'd you expect.

Chris L
01-26-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Superman
MF is 10 times better

You shouldn't be so confident and talk as if you've actually ridden both rides. Pictures shown through your computer monitor doesn't count either.

Chris L
01-26-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by IB Maniac

You wouldn't consider it a top ten woodie but the rest of the world (or most of it) does. All polls involving amusement parks and roller coasters list GhostRider within the top 10 wood coasters of the world out of some 300+ other wood coasters in existence. And more than half the time it's listed within the top 5. The A&E Network listed GhostRider in second place in a "10 list", behind you know what, Millennium Force. So again I say, but this time to you-don't talk until you've done it.

The thing with speed is that GhostRider executes it in an awe manner. At top speed of 62 mph, the ride fools riders as if the mad train was blasting off near 85 mph as it whips through and inside its own structure. Scoff at the idea, but those who have actually ridden this jewel will know what I am talking about. No wooden ride out there before it had such recognition of constant feeling of acceleration, mind numbing intensity, and flat out FUN. Don't deny because you'll find out sooner or later.

Ben Rathe
01-26-2002, 07:38 AM
Well said. I have not had the pleasure of riding MF but i have ridden Ghostrider and must agree that it is an excellent coaster and the 2nd best woodie i have been on. Going off topic a bit the best woodie i have ever ridden is in Wales. Megafobia at Oakwood leisure Park. I live in Britain so it is difficult to get to USA to ride the best coasters.

miXmedia
01-26-2002, 11:07 AM
I havent been on either but of course Millennium Force is the best

chilled
01-26-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by DragonSamurai
lol this comparison is ludicrus!!!

i agree

IB Maniac
01-26-2002, 07:42 PM
That's exactly what I said...I don't consider it a top ten woodie, others may, but I don't. Period.

Hector
01-26-2002, 08:05 PM
I would have to say Ghostrider. I havn't ridden MF but to tell you the truth I would rather ride Ghostrider rather then MF.

RiddRevenger
01-26-2002, 08:36 PM
These are not comparable! You CAN compare types of coasters (i.e. wooden twister vs. giga) but comparing specific ones is a no-no!