PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach may receive giant Ferris wheel

Wes
06-17-2010, 08:26 AM
<p>With the Myrtle Beach Pavilion now a memory and Freestyle Music Park looking like it may well be but a memory soon as well, the amusement industry hasnít seen much going on in the tourist town of Myrtle Beach.</p>
<p>St. Louis-based Pacific Devel... Click here to read more... (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/3814/myrtle-beach-may-receive-giant-ferris-wheel.html)

Michael C
06-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Is there really anything to see that woudl make an attraction like this worth using. It's a nice idea but is it one that will thrive.

Leo C
06-17-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm tired of the whole warpath Myrtle Beach has gone on amusement wise in the last decade.

Antoine
06-17-2010, 06:51 PM
It seems that this place does not understand their main attraction. Folks don't go to Myrtle Beach in the summer for an amusement park and quite frankly they don't really go for the beach either. The main time folks are at Myrtle Beach is for those popular holiday weekends (i.e. spring break, Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day). The rest of the year it is like a normal town with average size population that does not have the numbers to make a large amusement park profitable. And to build a Ferris Wheel is just crazy on their part. Who's 'business' decision is this in this 'city' that is the cause for so many failures in the amusement industry for that area? It does not take rocket science to realize that all things amusement park related are not going to work in this area, unless you are trying for a small scale amount of customers.

Wes
06-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Well the city doesn't know good things when they are dropped in their lap.

They've driven off all the biker weeks now, because of one problem week I think but still they brought in huge sums of money into the economy and now those people won't be coming back.

I think the Myrtle Beach officials think they are going to somehow become the next Las Vegas or Orlando. The Hard Rock Park officials sure thought that.

Michael C
06-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Scaling an attraction to thrive under the local population within an hour is the key. Hard rock was too costly an attraction for the area. this is just not a draw to get people to the area. It's not worth teh cost to see the sky line of nothing.