PDA

View Full Version : Drachen Fire will open! If he is right!

gravitron
07-25-2001, 03:25 PM
I went to BGW and I rode the train to see Drachen fire which i havent ever seen. and one of the Drivers on the train said it will open in 2002 if it isnt sold by the End of the summer. and it hasnt been looked at, at all. So In 2002 it is safe to say that we will probably be riding it again. Dont get mad at me though. and dont call me a liar. call that guy a liar

Kopp8699
07-25-2001, 03:29 PM
I HOPE IT DOES!!!!!!!! i want 2 ride that soooooooo bad

XDraChEnFiReX
07-25-2001, 04:12 PM
PLEASE -o- PLEASE -o- PLEASE

DragonSamurai
07-25-2001, 05:08 PM
Has the eagle left the nest??

antfarm007
07-25-2001, 05:23 PM
u'mm gravitron, you start all these stupid threads, but i believe that this is the first one i think is true, cause I have heard Drachen Fire will open next year, but it is NOT for sale

CPFan
07-25-2001, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I hope it opens too. I really want to ride it.

Gladiator's Gauntlet
07-25-2001, 05:43 PM
Back in May when I was at BGW they had the DF trains out on the track and there were a bunch of people with clipboards looking at the cars. As I've said before I would love to see them do a change over to lapbars on this coaster, but I would bet they will wait and see how things work out with the Flight of Fear lapbars before commiting.

When I asked the ride op on the BBW what was going on with DF he told me it was reps from Arrow and they had a contract to install lapbars on the trains. Since Morgon did the reworking of the old Steel Phantom cars to have lapbars it can be done, keeping the original trains.

So Busch pull the damn cars, put on lapbars, and let me ride that puppy soon !!! :mad:

Kraken
07-25-2001, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by DragonSamurai
Has the eagle left the nest??

Not as of July 14, when I took this picture:

HighJander
07-26-2001, 12:38 AM
That looks like an inversion its nested on.. which iversion in that?

SFoGNuT
07-26-2001, 05:48 AM
call me crazy but I heard DF is being moved to SFoG. if this were to happen supposedly DF would take the place of ninja and would get a new name with a new coat of paint.

RideofSteel
07-26-2001, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by SFoGNuT
call me crazy but I heard DF is being moved to SFoG. if this were to happen supposedly DF would take the place of ninja and would get a new name with a new coat of paint.
I'm not calling you crazy, but I seriously doubt that Drachen Fire is getting moved at all, as it's been a couple years now since it was shut down, during which I've heard about a hundred rumors of it being moved. None of them were true as of now.

Kraken
07-26-2001, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by HighJander
That looks like an inversion its nested on.. which iversion in that?

I took it on the first one. For the rest of the shots go to:

http://members.home.net/up196/Dragonpage.html

markm62
07-26-2001, 03:13 PM
Drachen probably will not be sold according to me. I think, like most people, that they will install lap bars. I hope they doing so will make the ride more enjoyable.

Honan Beetch
07-27-2001, 01:56 AM
I think it's pretty cool how Drachen Fire might have a chance of opening on 2002. They should replace the trains with lap-bar restraints. That would make the ride SOOO awesome!

serpent king
07-27-2001, 02:44 AM
i say kill the eagles or destroy the nest on *accident*. Liket ake a big fan and blow it off, and say it was a big gust of wind.:)

NitroExplodes
07-27-2001, 01:46 PM
I was wanting to go there, but then I didn't want to go if DF was not operating. So I think I will have to wait and see what happens so I can plan a trip there next year to ride it.

Andy Hodgson
07-27-2001, 01:54 PM
hopefully it wont be sold

its selling for 5.4million

there was a rumor once that PKD was to buy it but the transaction wasnt completed

BGW better open it next year
or my next door neighbor will buy it.
that woul be better, b/c he would put it in his backyard and i could rie it everyday!:D

coasterfreak1080
07-29-2001, 07:31 PM
The last Year it was open i went on it! It is an awsome ride and its an original ride b/c most ride go close to the ground and this one doesnt. It goes half way to the ground then does the inversion. It was a little bumpy when i went on it. And on some inversion it barely made it to the station. I would look into lapbars b/c its bumpy and maybe even a new paint job and even maybe new cars b/c i think it barely made it to the station b/c the trains were kinda old.

MForce2k
07-29-2001, 11:43 PM
Ack! I was just at BGW this year. I live in Michigan, so its a trip. if they open next year I am gonna have to go all over again! darent! hey wait a minute, wait im sorry thats not a bad thing ;)

RiFT
07-29-2001, 11:59 PM
Just as a side note, Drachen Fire will not get new trains with lap bars. It's an Arrow looper. No Arrow looper will get lap bars. Flight of Fear may have, but that is Premier. Premier coasters may. But not Arrow, so if there's any mention of it, it's false.

mikecrucial
08-06-2001, 10:11 PM
why can't an arrow coaster get lapbars???

Honan Beetch
08-07-2001, 05:12 AM
I think lap-bars can work on Drachen Fire's trains. I mean come on, even Flight of Fear got lap-bars. If Drachen Fire's trains do get lap-bars, I think they may come with leg holders like on Hypersonic XLC's restraints or foot holders like on Flight of Fear. I hope Drachen Fire opens for the 2002 season. They can't just let it stand that there for the rest of the time!!!

VomitComet
08-09-2001, 12:04 AM
What i heard from a driver: Drachen Fire closed becuase a doctor got a concusion and sued and there was low ridership. They were going to sell or it al least dismantle it but they found the nest and couldnt. I saw it for sale, it was for sale.
What i think they should do: Take it out, it doesnt fit with the rest of the non rough, heavily themed and landscaped terrain coasters. Replace it with a GCI or CCI woodie and lots of trees. No record braker mind you, just a heavily themed trudge throuh the black forest of germany.
What i think they will do: Replace it with lapbars, open it for a year and realize that people still arent riding it, so they will try to sell it, fail again, and dismantle it. then replace it with another coaster. Mind you this may happen over a span of 5 years.
My opinion on the ride: well it was my 2nd "big coaster" and i hated it. It was so rough i had a headache all night. I think it looks ugly and doesnt belong in the park. Maybe at a Six FLags but it isnt BGW material.

DrachenFire96
08-09-2001, 12:20 AM
All I have to say is, I will believe Drachen Fire is opening when I see it with my own eyes. As far as DF getting lap bars...anything is possible. Morgan re-did the arrow coaster Steel Phantom and had new trains added, if I am not mistaken. Well who's to say Arrow can't redo one of their own trains, let alone another company? FoF got new train make overs, and now you can actually see where your going from any seat for the simple fact you don't have that gawdy plastic back staring at you from the person's seat in front of you. I was happy to ride FoF with them, and was disappointed when Jinx didn't get them. Compare Jinx's trains to FoF and you will notice what I am talking about.

may the FORCE be with you
08-09-2001, 12:54 AM
I love it, i hope this is true!