PDA

View Full Version : stand-up inverted



cedarpointfreak
07-27-2001, 12:00 PM
wouldn't a standup inverted be awesome. If you think so email B&M @ webmaster@bmcoaster.cjb.net<webmaster@bmcoaster.cjb.net>
and suggest it they might listen

Cyclone Master
07-27-2001, 01:05 PM
A stand up inverted would suck. Most park's have a stand-up coaster and an inverted coaster, so why would you want to combine the 2? I hope B&M never makes these things. I don't even think it's really possible to do.

NitroExplodes
07-27-2001, 01:42 PM
i would like to see it. sounds like fun.

Andy Hodgson
07-27-2001, 01:55 PM
i think it would be pretty cool if the had little feet rest that just fit your shoe on them,
otherwise that might be a little too painful!:p

cedarpointfreak
07-27-2001, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone Master
A stand up inverted would suck. Most park's have a stand-up coaster and an inverted coaster, so why would you want to combine the 2? I hope B&M never makes these things. I don't even think it's really possible to do.
it wouldn't suck.u don't make any since you could say that with any coaster. "the park all ready has a tall rollercoaster and and looper so y would they want to combine the too"? that is essentually what you are saying

The_Evil_Tediz
07-27-2001, 02:32 PM
Sounds painful, but if anyone could do it, B&M could.

Natelox
07-27-2001, 08:48 PM
would b intresting, now send that idea to arrow to incorperate wit there 4d. now there is an insane ride. stand up 4d. anyways, thats not the real site. B&M has not offical site.

PKI_bug
07-28-2001, 12:07 AM
I don't think it's a good idea to email them with your suggestions. Just because you suggest something, doesn't mean it's technically possible.

Besides, I'm sure they have enough on their plate, developing and enhances rides that can actually be made, not dreams sent in from people who ride coasters. It's like emailing Ford, and telling them to make a car that can fly. What are they supposed to do about it?

Goliath255
07-28-2001, 09:59 AM
I have actually come up with a technically feasible design for this, although the cars would look a little boxy.

Basically it's the seat compartment of the stand-up design suspended from the track above.

Technically, I think it's possible. Feasibly, I think the GP might think it's dangerous.

Goliath255

Medusa1861
07-28-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by PKI_bug
I don't think it's a good idea to email them with your suggestions. Just because you suggest something, doesn't mean it's technically possible.

Besides, I'm sure they have enough on their plate, developing and enhances rides that can actually be made, not dreams sent in from people who ride coasters. It's like emailing Ford, and telling them to make a car that can fly. What are they supposed to do about it?
accually for this it is telling them to mak a car where you stand up and drive. i don't even think the is the official webadresss i have sen it before somewhere

Andy Hodgson
07-28-2001, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Natelox
would b intresting, now send that idea to arrow to incorperate wit there 4d. now there is an insane ride. stand up 4d. anyways, thats not the real site. B&M has not offical site.

arent you on a 4 standing up?
so that when you face the ground you are in a flying position like on X-Flight?

cp_kw_pki_and_woa_fan
07-28-2001, 12:17 PM
i have never ridden a stand up but i have ridden 3 suspendeds so i guess it would be a pretty neat sensation.

Cycovisions3
07-28-2001, 01:05 PM
You could make a Stand-Up Inverted coaster and make the seats comfortable. It would be a fun ride.

cedarpointfreak
07-28-2001, 06:34 PM
or if standup inverted doesn't sound good how about a standup suspended. it would be cool swinging through the corners

CPFan
07-29-2001, 12:26 PM
Ouch

HighJander
07-29-2001, 04:17 PM
I think that forces on youre legs would be to great. Probably isnt possible or it isnt a safe idea.

cedarpointfreak
07-29-2001, 05:56 PM
if it was a standup suspended i don't think the forces would be that bad

zsteinert
07-30-2001, 06:57 PM
Think about this. A stand up inverted would be like having no track above or below you? Now think about X and how you will be harnessed in. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no track above and below you and your feet are left dangling, which is the same effect as a stand-up inverted.

AJRNWO316
07-30-2001, 07:17 PM
I think a standup inverted coaster would sterilize all males.

intamin101
07-30-2001, 07:36 PM
When the idea of stand-up came about, people thought that is would be crazy and uncomfortable. Just because you can't see how things like this could happen, doesn't mean that B+M couldn't do it. But will they is a whole nother question