PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Rally

Thrillman
05-03-2001, 12:54 PM
I rode Rhino Rally at Media Day back in early April. There was a lot that still has to be done on it. The ride was pretty tame at the time, but I heard the river ride will be a lot better and you will be going through a waterfall. The breakaway bridge you will be on isnt a bridge in the traditional sense. Its basically a pontoon bridge that floats in the water with those huge floats on each side. That was kinda disappointing. But it should be cool when it is done. Grand opening is end of May.

CoasterACE
05-03-2001, 12:56 PM
Was Rhino Rally even open back in early april? i went just a few days ago and they were still working on the break-away brdige.

Thrillman
05-03-2001, 01:11 PM
It was open for Media Day. They already canceled two scheduled sneak previews. Grand opening was supposed to be next week but pushed back a couple weeks.

Hockeyman
05-03-2001, 03:23 PM
Noway, the ride was no were near being ready in early april. Go to orlandorocks.com to see construction pics taken 4-22-01 and you can see what it looks like. No water, heavy machinery everywhere. They would not hold a media day without the ride looking spectacular.

Kraken
05-03-2001, 04:15 PM
The opening day is May 11. I'm going to BGT in a little less than a month, and I will tell you how it turns out.

Thrillman
05-04-2001, 06:39 AM
So I guess when I was there for Media Day it was a figment of my imagination that I was riding it. I told you there was a lot still to be done. They wanted to give people a taste of what the ride will be. And May 11 is not the opening day. You can go there on May 11 but the ride won't be open. Have Fun.

CoasterACE
05-04-2001, 05:01 PM
You are right... it doesn't open on May 11, but i still can't see how you could even get a sneak ride of the atraction in april, but i guess you would know if you rode it.

Hockeyman
05-04-2001, 07:00 PM
I for one would love to see pictures of your media day ride. I mean anyone with the opportunity to ride that early must have taking some pics.