PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Fair in 2002

antfarm007
07-28-2001, 11:29 AM
Cedar Fair has bought one B&M inverted coaster, and Valeyfair! has plans for it already, but Worlds of Fun is fighting with Valleyfair! to get it! Maybe we will see and WoF and VF will get a B&M inverted for 2002.

Cedar Point will reclaim it's title from Magic Mountain next year, once again becoming the coaster capital of the world. Cedar Point has 14 rollercoasters at the moment, but has been beaten by the Six Flags park in 2001 which has 15 rollercoasters (although two are yet to open). An announcement is due in October. It is expected that the park will add two rollercoasters and a number of flat rides, as well as re-locate some existing rides. Those expecting a Thrust Air 2000, may be disappointed, as Cedar Fair are in talks with Intamin to bring one of their revolutionary new wooden coaster designs to the States. The other rollercoaster is likely to be a B&M Flying or B&M Floorless, but nothing is confirmed yet.

I have been told that Michigan's Adventure will get a 215 hyper next year, but I dont know who will make it, I personally think it will be a Morgan or Arrow, but more likely Chance-Morgan than Arrow (I've heard CCI as a name, but I doubt)

I don't want to give it away on Knotts right now though, you'll have to wait, this is a MAJOR coaster and all enthusiasts will be happy

Cycovisions3
07-28-2001, 01:08 PM
I know what Knott's will be getting and I can assure all of you that it will blow all other California rides out of the water. This thing will be insane.

Metalhead 777
07-28-2001, 04:39 PM
Where do u guys get this from?

vortexandmantis
07-29-2001, 12:45 AM
where do u seriously

MForce2k
07-29-2001, 01:45 AM
I wouldnt rule out a TA2k for CP, and the flying because SFWoA just built theirs, soo......put 2 and 2 together, winkety wink.

X COASTER
07-29-2001, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by antfarm007
Cedar Fair has bought one B&M inverted coaster, and Valeyfair! has plans for it already, but Worlds of Fun is fighting with Valleyfair! to get it! Maybe we will see and WoF and VF will get a B&M inverted for 2002.

Cedar Point will reclaim it's title from Magic Mountain next year, once again becoming the coaster capital of the world. Cedar Point has 14 rollercoasters at the moment, but has been beaten by the Six Flags park in 2001 which has 15 rollercoasters (although two are yet to open). An announcement is due in October. It is expected that the park will add two rollercoasters and a number of flat rides, as well as re-locate some existing rides. Those expecting a Thrust Air 2000, may be disappointed, as Cedar Fair are in talks with Intamin to bring one of their revolutionary new wooden coaster designs to the States. The other rollercoaster is likely to be a B&M Flying or B&M Floorless, but nothing is confirmed yet.

I have been told that Michigan's Adventure will get a 215 hyper next year, but I dont know who will make it, I personally think it will be a Morgan or Arrow, but more likely Chance-Morgan than Arrow (I've heard CCI as a name, but I doubt)

I don't want to give it away on Knotts right now though, you'll have to wait, this is a MAJOR coaster and all enthusiasts will be happy

I wouldn't say CP will be record holder next year because SFMM is planning on getting an Intamin woodie too. So if CP gets two coasters, their coaster count would be 16. And if SFMM gets 1 coaster, their count would be 16. TIE! No coaster capital. Just two great parks. Expect SFMM and CP to tie next year. And another thing, how do know so much about Knott's new coaster?

MagnumManCP
07-29-2001, 02:16 PM
well what is knots going to get that will blow everything else away??

raser
07-29-2001, 02:45 PM
hey a flying ta2k sounds great!!!!!!!

The_Evil_Tediz
07-29-2001, 02:53 PM
I think Knotts is getting a Giga and CP a TA2K.

ThrillRider
07-30-2001, 12:26 AM
Valleyfair inverted 02 Falcon

cgodsey
07-30-2001, 11:28 AM
A TA2k does make sense for CP and I would bet my right arm that Knott's will be getting the west coasts first taste of GIGA next year. But I am guessing that CP will go Wooden, it's been a while for them. If I were them (and I am not :)), I would build a racing/dueling woodie. There is only one of them (hershey) and that would give them a unique ride to the Ohio area.

I also expect SFMM to build a wooden one also.... Possibly a hyperwoodie, but with the problems with SoB, tht might be a bad idea. I heard that Intamin's woodie was very smooth for being a wood coaster... I guess we will know soon enough...

On a side note, I had my first Millenium Force dream last night.. I am heading up that way in October.. I CANT WAIT!!!

antfarm007
07-30-2001, 02:18 PM
I'll give everybody a clue about Knott's GIGA

coastercory06
08-01-2001, 01:48 AM
VF will probably get the invert in 02, wof in 03

WoF desperately needs some flat rides, so I think WoF will get flat rides and VF will get the invert. But, I couldn't say no to getting an invert for WoF in 02.

antfarm007
08-06-2001, 05:54 PM
I believe that WoF will get a inverted in 2003

Honan Beetch
08-07-2001, 06:34 AM
Dang, it's pretty scary how believable the things people usually make up are! The scarier thing is that they end up being true.....All that was said above is WAAAY too good. Hmmm, I do think Valleyfair! is gonna get that B&M inverted for 2002. I noticed that Cedar Fair's now into getting B&M inverteds for their parks. Cedar Point already has one (Raptor) and so does Dorney Park (Talon).

antfarm007
08-07-2001, 02:28 PM
You just watch and I'll say, I told you so!

DragonSamurai
08-08-2001, 08:07 PM
This is too good to be true i wish , but then again its you saying it and not a CP exec.....:) but thanks for leting us dream man!!

drmoof
08-08-2001, 09:05 PM
Is there really room at Knott's for a giga? I wouldn't know, thats why I am asking this question. I am not claiming they have no room so don't get me wrong.

antfarm007
08-09-2001, 03:22 PM
Most people didn't think that CP had room for a 300 footer, but if Knott's doesn't getta giga, it will still be somethin extreme

markm62
08-09-2001, 05:28 PM
Cedar Fair rocks because they always bring fresh and succesful rides continuously. (MF, Talon, etc...)

drmoof
08-09-2001, 11:21 PM
Has Cedar Fair ever cloned any of their coasters? If not, I think thats awsome, every park is different. But there isn't many CF parks and there isn't as many coasters in their parks (besides Cedar Point) as their is in SixFlags parks.

antfarm007
08-10-2001, 10:49 AM
Well I believe some of the hypers are cloned, but they are still unique

drmoof
08-10-2001, 08:55 PM
I have only been to 1 Cedar Fair park and thats Knott's, I wish I could go the rest of them, especially Cedar Point!!...One day :)

nineinchnails
08-10-2001, 11:41 PM
I think michigan adventure will be getting 2 new coasters for 2002. The already mentioned 215 ft hyper and a 130 ft inverted hanging coaster like the raptor.

DHollon
08-10-2001, 11:53 PM
Well I believe some of the hypers are cloned, but they are still unique

I don't know of any of their hypers to be cloned...they might have a few elements that "resemble" but their nothing CLOSE to being a clone at any of the CFLP parks (with the exception of the Boomerangs, mice and corkscrews).

-D

Wackokid
08-15-2001, 11:11 PM
I'll give everybody a clue about Knott's GIGA
yessssssssssssssssss

vortexandmantis
08-16-2001, 01:04 PM
lets see cedar fair in 2002[my gueeses]

ma hypercoaster duh,it was in there contract
vf inverted
wof hmmm i have no idea,something steel
kbf a giga or very very large hyper
cp,cci,and a dueling coaster of some sort

Gemini
08-17-2001, 10:34 PM
Here is what I am hoping for and am predicting from the rumours I have heard of for Cedar Point!

1. Thrust Air 2000
2. B&M Floorless or Flying Dutchman
3. Invertigo

and supposely a Force Junior

DHollon
08-22-2001, 07:01 PM
Predictions

CP - B&M floorless (they NEED a decent sitdown looper)
KBF - Giga Coaster
DP - NOTHING (they will ride out the year on the tailcoats of Talon)
WOF - couple of flat rides and a new catering area, additon to OoF
VF - Falcon or flat rides
MA - hyper or S&S towers

Yes you read right, only ONE coaster for CP who only needs to add ONE a year to be NUMBER 1!!!!! :D :D :D