PDA

View Full Version : SFGAdv Help

HisDougness
07-29-2001, 02:41 AM
I'm going to NYC next week and i was able to get a day to go to SFGAdv in NJ... does anyone have any advice on how to do the park?

Also, does anyone have a current park map they could scan or a link to a website with one? I dont want to run to Nitro and end up at Viper!

CoolCoasterKid
07-29-2001, 10:28 AM
Well I never go to the park early in the morning...the only time I did was for Nitro the first day it opened, but I didn't stay the whole day. Usually I only go for 3 hours since I have a season pass and I'm about 20 min. away, and I get on most of the rides I want to go on.

I don't have a current map, but I can give you advice on the park itself: Do things in combos. The park is very split up, with the main attractions either to the far right or far left. For example:

1. Nitro, B:TR, Chiller, Skull Mountain, and Freefall are all very close to each other.
2. Medusa, Rolling Thunder, Runaway Train, and Viper (if you care about it...if it's open I would say skip it 'cause it usually ruined my day there) are all close to each other too.
3. GASM is kind of off by itself, and if you want to spend some money they have some cool rides for $8/$10/$20.

As far as I know, Robin isn't open yet. The last time I went was a couple weeks ago, so things could have changed, but...

The 3 main "unique" rides are Nitro, Medusa, and Chiller. You don't want to miss them, though Chiller bumps you around a bit. B:TR is smooth and great, but it is a clone, so if your homepark has it, don't spend too much time on it.

Tip for Rolling Thunder: The left side is much better than the right, IMO. The right side has this turn halfway through the ride that really hurts. (I don't know how many people will agree with me on this, but that's my thoughts) So if the left side is open, I'd suggest going on it twice. The right side you will probably go on once and say it was too rough. But if they race, which they do every now and then, it's much more fun! :)

Which day are you able to go? SFGAdv. does have huge crowds on Saturdays, followed by Fridays and Sundays. Most other days are not too crowded though.

Good luck, and have fun! :)

Medusa1861
07-29-2001, 10:41 AM
go here for the map http://www.coasterphotos.com/Maps/parkmaps.htm

Honan Beetch
07-29-2001, 11:22 AM
Whatever you do, you have to get on Nitro first (lines get pretty long). That ride is worth all the wait! Usually, Medusa's lines aren't that long. You have to ride Nitro and Medusa if you go to Six Flags Great Adventure.

HisDougness
07-29-2001, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the help! I cant wait!

I'm going on a Wednesday, so i'm hoping the lines won't be long.

What do you guys think of FastLane? On which rides is it most beneficial to use?

DR.IMMELMAN
07-29-2001, 05:38 PM
I say get there at 10. Go on GASM, Medusa,and Rolling Thunder. ALl walk ones. Take the cable cars to the other side. There will be maybe a 20 30 minute line for Chiller. Then while everyone eats lunch do Nitro or wait until 10

DyingDutchman
07-29-2001, 05:39 PM
i always go on the ride thatwill most likely have the longwest line first.

HisDougness
07-30-2001, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by DyingDutchman
i always go on the ride thatwill most likely have the longwest line first.

Wow, that is really profound. I never would have thought of that before.