PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Near Cedar Point

Alex Westerman
07-29-2001, 12:50 PM
Post Hotels and your Hotel reviews in and around Cedar Point. Where do you stay when you go? If possible add in links.

tj80
07-29-2001, 03:02 PM
Well if you want to stay Close to the park we usually stay at one of the Cedar Point
Resorts here is a link for those =
www.cedarpoint.com/public/trips/main/resorts/index.cfm The Breakers Express is the
cheapest one of those ... but if you dont mind driving for 5 to 10 minutes we usually
stay at the Travelodge =
www.the.travelodge.com/sandusky09527?sid=AAACEgAAWAAAiYJAAY and i
think it is one of the cheapest hotels in the area..
then i have heard alot of good things about this hotel called Microtel it is about 10 to 15
min drive to the park so here is the link to Microtel = www.lrbcg.com/microtel/

CPFan
07-29-2001, 06:07 PM
Cedar Point Hotels-Hotel Breakers, Sandcastle Suites, Radisson Harbor Inn, Breakers Express, and Camper Village.

Out of all of these I would stay at Hotel Breakers because of the nice beach, next to soak city and Magnum, and it has ok prices. They also have a TGI Fridays.

Brandon Baker
07-30-2001, 12:06 AM
I would say the Green Tree Inn. I'm not too sure of a web site but the price is almost perfect for being right on Cedar Point Dr. And I love that the rooms are really nice too!

Raleighpensfan
07-31-2001, 09:57 AM
I've always stayed at the Comfort Inn by the mall. It is nice, but be careful because there are two, and the other isn't as nice. Plus, don't order Papa John's pizza. We did, and it never came! We were soooooo hungggggrry!

antfarm007
08-11-2001, 01:40 PM
Breakers Express is a nice hotel, and to boot its cheap! I like staying at Hotel Breakers though, its gotta be one of the nicest hotels

Zach
08-13-2001, 10:05 PM
When I went, I stayed at the Red Roof Inn, which is one of the farther hotels from Cedar Point so it will be a little bit of a drive. It is very cheap though and it is actually pretty nice there.

Zach

Raging Rider
08-14-2001, 05:02 PM
I stayed at an ok Comfort Inn withen 5 minutes of the park. It was right by the Great Bear lodge that has an indoor water park with tunnel slides. I'm staying at the Great Bear lodge next time.

Coastercameron
08-15-2001, 02:20 AM
We stayed at the Fairfaild Inn by Marriot. It is VERY clean and about $60 or so a night! They also have a good sized indoor pool!

CoolCoasterKid
08-15-2001, 11:36 AM
We stayed at Hotel Breakers. It was nice seeing a beach on your right, the park on the left, and having a TGI Friday's downstairs. I'd say it is a great hotel...I don't know about the other ones.

CrystalKat
08-15-2001, 11:08 PM
A hotel I've always found to be superb is about 25 minutes away, the Holiday Inn in Fremont, Ohio (west from Cedar Point along the 80/90 turnpike). Very clean, and well removed from the hustle and bustle of the park, if you'd rather stay a little ways away or are not able to get into the resorts. There are a lot of fast food restaurants nearby, and some better restaurants as well. Fremont, Ohio, is also the birthplace of President Hayes, and you can tour his mansion (for a fee) or tour the grounds for free, including the gravesite. A good way to add some educational/historical value into a family trip, if you're interested in doing so.

raser
08-22-2001, 09:52 PM
Cheapest stay is where we stay at Campsandusky, we stayed this year for 5 nights in a nice cabin nothing special for a grand total of $226.00 after the taxes. If you want a nice place to stay with all the extras then stay at the Great Bear Lodge. If it rains you can spend the day indoors at the waterpark. Watch out for the price we were quoted $175 per night plus taxes for the cheapest room for 4.

kjm3388
08-26-2001, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by antfarm007
Breakers Express is a nice hotel, and to boot its cheap! I like staying at Hotel Breakers though, its gotta be one of the nicest hotels

yep express is great nice hot tub lol

theforce
08-26-2001, 10:57 AM
I stayed at the Raddison last time and i did not like it very much. it was very expensive, had a horrible layout, and it just wasnt all that nice. I would like to stay at the great bear lodge next time. Ive never stayed there or been inside but it looks really cool and I heard its supposed to be really nice.

Chris Cox
08-28-2001, 12:52 PM
Hiya,

The Best Western Cedar Point area was nice, and just along from the park. Heres a review:

The Best Western Cedar Point Area has everything you could want for a visit to Cedar Point. The spacious rooms are extremely accommodating, and the friendly staff will do everything they can to make your visit pleasant.

The outdoor heated pool was great, and always used for an early morning swim before a day at Cedar Point. The Perkins restaurant in the hotel has a vast menu, and the in room televisions provide perfect evening entertainment. The best part about this hotel is its distance to everything. Only 4 minutes to Cedar Point by car, and about 5 minutes to the local mall. If you want to stay at a great hotel, at a tiny price then the Best Western Cedar Point Area is the one for you.

The Best Western Cedar Point Area is the closest Best Western hotel to Cedar Point Amusement Park, with beautifully-appointed rooms and suites are designed to ensure comfort and relaxation. Enjoy the Perkins Family Restaurant which is located on site and our outdoor heated pool and video game room will keep your family happily occupied.

http://www.bestwestern.com/cedarpointarea is their URL!

phantompenguin
08-28-2001, 01:38 PM
Sandcastle Suits- very expensive for what it is, can hold up to 6 people though. Farthest walk out of the on park resorts, takes awhile to walk from the hotel to the park. But you walk right by the water park and challenge park. Located right by Breakwaters Cafe, one of the better places to eat in the park, great for breakfast.

oldCP'er
08-28-2001, 02:22 PM
My sister in law stayed at the new Lighthouse Point last week. They said the "cottages" were wonderful with the deck (complete with a grill) overlooking the lake. They have their own pool, and she said they were slightly cheaper than the SandCastle Suites (where we normally stay when we want to be walking distance from the park).

I stayed at the Breakers Express earlier this year and thought the rooms were very nice for the price. The Fairfield Inn is also very nice (further down on Rt 250) and the Comfort Inn near the Turnpike is also excellent.

whirl n hurl
09-19-2001, 03:50 AM
Do NOT stay at the Howard Johnson's Express on Cleveland avenue in Sandusky. It is old, has stained carpets, and the doors to the rooms are falling apart and rusty. We complained to Hojo's corporate office. All this and they are charging $115 a room!:mad:

Coastercameron
09-23-2001, 01:09 AM
There was only one thing wrong with our stay at the Fairfeild Inn, We got a room right next to the pool heater wich was kinda noisey at night, but over all it was great!