PDA

View Full Version : SFA, PKD, Kennywood, Rafting, O my!

rocketman23
07-30-2001, 12:05 PM
Let me give you a bit of a run down of my trip to SFA, PKD, Lakemont Park, Kennywood, and river rafting.

Six Flags America: 6.5/10
The park can get a bit clogged with people, and the 2 major coaster pushed back together doesn't help much. Asides from that they got some great rides.

Batwing: 9/10
An incredible new type of roller coaster unlike anything you have ever ridden. It's hard to compare this to other rides because it's on a playing field all it's own. Go out there a ride a flying coaster if you haven't yet.

Superman: ROS: 9.25/10
I've been on a few hypercoasters so I know this is pretty good. Not quite as good as Magnum, but better than Apollo's Chariot for example.

Wild One: 7/10
This was the surprise of the park. A fun old fashion wooden coaster.

Two Face: 7.5/10
These are fast, fun, and pack a good punch for their size.

Joker's Jinx: N/A
I was short on time, and I heard bad things about this. Didn't ride.

Roar: 4/10
The big dissappointment of the park. It falls short of anything else in the park.

Mind Eraser: 5.5/10
Better than I thought for an old inverted coaster.

PKD: 9.5/10
This park like most Paramount parks is great. A fine array of coasters along with a good sized waterpark to cool you off. Paramount parks are better than Six Flags anyday.

Hypersonic XLC: 9.75/10
It is like 17 seconds long, but they will be the best 17 seconds you'll spend on a ride all year. Launch and the hill are incredible.

Grizzly: 7.5/10
A nice wooden coaster that grew on me as I rode it more. Watch out for it's tunnel!

Hurler: 3/10
Out of date and not fun. Get rid of this one.

Rebel Yell: 1/10
I don't care which way you ride it, this is not fun. It is ROUGH.

Anaconda: 6/10
A nice little gem. It's got it's moments.

Shockwave: 6.5/10
These 2x2 standups are fun. It has some nice energy and scary stand-up air time.

Avalanche: 3/10
Although unique, it really isn't a lot of fun.

Volcano: 9/10
Twin launches and some nice twists make this a very impressive coaster. Could have really done things if it was longer.

Flight of Fear: 9/10
Much improved and better than ever. Flight of Fear is now a contender.

Lakemont Park: 2/10
A sad little park with a spot or 2 of joy. There are better small parks out there.

Skyliner: 3/10
Not all that good. Low excitement.

Leap the Dips: 8/10
Very fun for it's age. It is a nice piece of nostalgia.

Kennywood: 9.5/10
Great traditional amuesment park. One of the few treasures left in the amuesment park industry.

Phantom's Revenge: 9/10
I don't know if it's improved, for I never rode the original, but I do know it's a great ride as of now. Sit in the front at night, and you won't forget it anytime soon.

Exterminator: 8/10
A spectacular spinning wild mouse that will have you laughing all the way through it's run.

Thunderbolt: 8/10
The beginning is both unique and enjoyable, but get in to the last 2 drops and it's a spine-jarring experience.

Racer: 8.5/10
Competitive, classic, and impressive little ride. Gauranteed a smile after you get off this one.

Jack Rabbit: 9.75/10
I took a real shine to this one. I rode this more than any other ride in the park. The double-dip drop is the best single element on a ride in the park. Don't overlook this one!

Note: Kangaroo, Turtles, Old Mill, Whip, and Noah's Ark must also be looked into.

Rafting in Ohiopyle, PA: 9/10
If you live up in PA and you're looking for a different kind of thrill, mosey on down to Ohiopyle. Rafting is both challenging and enjoyable. I went on Class 3-4 rapids, cause I'm a begginer, but I'd like to raft more often now that I've had a taste.

MST3K_FREAK6666
12-30-2001, 12:53 PM
Great review. you were complaining before that no one was posting in this forum so i am

Jokercoaster
12-30-2001, 01:01 PM
Good Review

1984 v. 2.5
12-30-2001, 07:04 PM
Great review Rocketman, I'm getting my butt over to PKD as fast as I can.

rocketman23
01-02-2002, 02:05 PM
Thanks... excuse the sketchiness of the review though, it was my first one. I didn't even develop the Rocketman-O-Meter yet!

coastersrsweet
01-19-2002, 08:49 PM
Great Review...;)

I don't understand why you didnt like Roar so much, why did you give it a 4/10, this makes me sad...:(

NITRO1318
01-19-2002, 09:19 PM
nice review

rocketman23
01-19-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by coastersrsweet
I don't understand why you didnt like Roar so much, why did you give it a 4/10, this makes me sad...:(

I don't know why. I mean I love woodies and I heard such great things about this ride, but it just didn't live up to it. Nothing about the ride stood out. I suppose a 4 is a bit harsh... consider it a 6/10.:)

C
01-20-2002, 12:28 AM
great review, but i just noticed PKD has 3 launch coasters. it's okay, because they're all cool