PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying ride attendants

antfarm007
07-03-2001, 04:11 PM
What ride has the rudest staff on a continous basis?
<BR>
<BR>I'll have to say Mantis at Cedar Point

NitroExplodes
07-03-2001, 05:42 PM
And everyone says CP is the best park in the world..... Hummm....

ejm88
07-03-2001, 06:22 PM
The employees at most of the Six Flags parks I've been to are not very friendly.
<BR>

Kraken
07-03-2001, 06:24 PM
Mantis crews are actually pretty nice based on my experience. The worst crew I ever met was on MegaZeph.

Honan Beetch
07-03-2001, 10:56 PM
I've never been to a theme park with rude staff. I dunno, I just have the same good days with the staff operating the roller coasters.

antfarm007
07-06-2001, 04:26 PM
The Mantis crew is pathetic, low spirits, no morale, probably 50 attempted suicides a day.

antfarm007
07-06-2001, 04:28 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-07-03 17:42, NitroExplodes wrote:
<BR>And everyone says CP is the best park in the world..... Hummm....
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>It is but these people are pathetic

Sir Willow
07-06-2001, 04:45 PM
Antfarm, I know that you're trying to be sarcastic to make your point. But you're not funny. Please find a better way to make your point than trying to make a joke out of suicides and the like.

gibsonman
07-27-2001, 10:47 AM
batwing at SFA... they will not let you choose your seating arrangement. they count off 24, enought for the ride and file you up and tell you where to sit. if you are in a group, they will split you up in order to fill the ride... reminds me of southpark the other night, when cartman told the two kids they couldnt ride the haunted house, and the kids replied we payed 29.95 and we can ride what we want to... same situation if you ask me....

CoolCoasterKid
07-27-2001, 10:54 AM
I haven't really had a bad experience, unless you count unenthusiastic ride ops (Several times on Skull Mountain the guy would say "*sigh* enjoy your ride on skuuullll mountain" in a very monotonous voice, but then again, I couldn't really blame him.)

Well, are BGW, SFA, or PKD known for having rude ride staff? 'Cause I'm going to those parks next week. I just read about the Batwing thing, and hopefully that's the only one.

DragonSamurai
07-27-2001, 11:05 AM
THIS TOPIC BELONGS IN AMERICAN COASTERS!!

CoolCoasterKid
07-27-2001, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by DragonSamurai
THIS TOPIC BELONGS IN AMERICAN COASTERS!!

Well, not necessarily. Though I see your point, it might not be just staff at american parks. Also, he's asking rudEST, which is a comparison, so maybe the mods think that since it's comparing it belongs here. I don't know, I can't speak for them or read their minds, but that's just my view.

Andy Hodgson
07-27-2001, 01:16 PM
i think that the staff on Mantis is pretty terrible

everytime i go to SFMM the staff is very nice to me and my friends

Raptor
07-27-2001, 02:14 PM
I think its kind of "tradition" for the Mantis crew to be rude and make sarcastic remarks, along with the Gemini crew. Actually, I think the Mantis crew is hilarious at times!

Natelox
07-27-2001, 08:42 PM
hmmm.....i haven't encoutered rude staff.

FloridaCoasterRider
07-27-2001, 08:43 PM
When I was there, the Mantis crew was actually the best I experienced all day. They were making lots of Jokes, had a good speech, and worked quickly. Just shows it has nothing to do with the ride, just the actual people working it at a particular time.

SFGadvKing
07-28-2001, 02:43 PM
i've never really had experience with good or bad ops. all they really do is check your restraint then put up their thumbs and then a guy presses a button.

Honan Beetch
07-29-2001, 11:29 AM
I still haven't encoutered a rude staff on any ride yet. I don't hope to in the future.....

S:ROSFNE
07-29-2001, 11:50 AM
Any Six Flags park usually has idiots running the rides.

CPFan
07-29-2001, 12:12 PM
I found the Mantis Staff to be pretty nice, I think most staffs at parks are pretty good, except that the fact that the garbage people at SFGAm need to do something about those garbage cans in line for Viper.

flyer
07-29-2001, 12:16 PM
Cartmanland

DeKalb
07-29-2001, 01:41 PM
Most Six Flags staff...they're just standing, there, bored, and sometimes they don't even know what to do...once on the SFOG mine train the girl that checks the lapbars had to tell the girl that was the ride op what to say, and it was obvious the ride op didn't really know what she was doing.

VomitComet
07-29-2001, 02:03 PM
i love it when parks pick ur seats, i am the luckiest person in the world! At Bawtwing i got to sit in the front and didnt have to wait any longer, it was great. And at Disney, they had me sit in the front 5 times in a row, by luck. what are the chances of that?

SFAm staff is the worst

antfarm007
07-29-2001, 03:09 PM
Like somebody said, I think it is a tradition for Mantis staff to be rude

phantompenguin
07-29-2001, 11:17 PM
Demon Drop or Boomerang at SF:EG, at least when I went, all opperators were Mexican that had NO clue how to run the rides, expecially at the Demon Drop, it took 15 minutes to load and start the darn ride...:mad:

BryanWood
07-30-2001, 11:23 AM
I personally have nothing against the Mantis staff. They were never rude, but it seemed like they didn't care. The guy on the mic sounded like Ben Stein. Also, Phantom's Revenge was closed the day I went there, and their staff was at the exit. I asked if the ride would open that day, and a guy said "No, so why don't you get the (expletive) away." I gave him a piece of my mind. That really made me mad!

phantompenguin
07-30-2001, 12:38 PM
wow, when I went the staff at the PR were real nice.

Kidiscoaster
07-30-2001, 12:56 PM
This past wedsnday I went to SixflagsGradv. The first ride of the day was Batman and Robin the Chiller. We waited a hour and a half because the ride kept breaking down. Anyway, when the train was ready to launch, the guy who launched said stupid thingsn like, "I'll start counting at ten, opps" and he would launch it.

Honan Beetch
07-30-2001, 02:09 PM
I've never actually encountered any crappy or annoying ride operators. They've all been really good to me.

Tom Zeliff
07-30-2001, 02:32 PM
This is a duplicate of this post: http://www.coasterforum.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4181

-Tom

Tom, I merged the posts. -Bryan Wood

edh101985
07-30-2001, 04:20 PM
One time on Viper one of the ride-op didnt check my lapbar. I was suprised because i thought they had to.

Coasterfanman21
07-30-2001, 04:33 PM
the attendants for Chang say'' Have a grreat ride on Chang if you even like it''

Raleighpensfan
07-30-2001, 05:07 PM
Sorry, but I think all ride ops are annoying. I mean, give me a break. They are such teenagers! Haha! "Thank you and enjoy your day here at america's yack yack yack, yawn!"

PKI_bug
07-30-2001, 05:38 PM
The ride ops on Gemini (last year) were soooo sarcastic. They would point people out in line that may be sitting on the rail, and they would be like "You in the green plaid shirt and yellow shoes that were in last year, please get off the rail, once again...." I mean, come on! I hate the rail gustabo...if people want to sit on the rail and fracture their cranium, so be it, it just means i'll get to ride sooner since they would be comatized, or dead.

edh101985
07-30-2001, 07:05 PM
I hate when the people point you out if you are sitting on the railing. They keep saying it until the person gets off. It is so annoying.

Craig Morris
07-30-2001, 09:38 PM
The last 2 years, K-wood's JACKRABBIT staff has been lousy.

Raleighpensfan
07-31-2001, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I've made mention of Kennywood in general going slowly south lately. It seems like they can't find good hires, so they hire anyone.

J-Brew2001
07-31-2001, 10:20 AM
As much as I love Cedar Point, the ride ops there can be annoying. There was one cat-eye glasses wearin op who was whining to everyone forming a line outside of Millenium F's queue(opening day) about how the ride was not opening. She kept going on and on like a big baby. About 5 mins. later, the ride opened and everyone in the line mimicked her as they went by.

intamin101
07-31-2001, 04:37 PM
I think that conjested rides have a staff that is not very happy because it is a lot of work, but rides that have very small to non existint lines are usually a bit friendlier. Also, when you hear the same questions over and over, you might answer them in a rude way, Like on x flight, why don't you have more trains?

Raleighpensfan
07-31-2001, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by intamin101
I think that conjested rides have a staff that is not very happy because it is a lot of work, but rides that have very small to non existint lines are usually a bit friendlier. Also, when you hear the same questions over and over, you might answer them in a rude way, Like on x flight, why don't you have more trains?

Exactly! And if they don't want to work there, then do us all a favor and quit!

J-Brew2001
07-31-2001, 06:27 PM
I couldn't agree with you more! There are plenty of job openings out there.

Griswold
08-03-2001, 01:01 PM
all the ride op's at CP rag on you when you have one toe over the yellow line.

Cuddy
08-03-2001, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Griswold
all the ride op's at CP rag on you when you have one toe over the yellow line.

They "rag" on you for your own safety...same reason they tell you to get off the rails. They figure that if you fall, you will be on emore of those dumb people with the ridiculous lawsuits, one example of the woman burning herself with HOT coffee that she put between her legs as she was driving. I hear, "Please don't sit on the rails," look and see people still doing it. I laugh when the ride ops embarass those inviduals. Serves them right for not following rules. Als, as for ride ops on Mantis, I haven't run into a crew there that WASN'T enthusiastic or was rude. The only ones I found that were possibly unenthusiastic were ride ops for Blue Streak and Mean Streak. But I have yet to see rude ride ops...maybe I have to go to other parks to see this.

coasterlove
08-04-2001, 01:05 AM
I personally like the Gemini crew. They seem to have such a good sense of humor. I've never had a problem with Mantis. I think that Batman is the worst, so rude there. Becuase of the way the station is built you can't see if the other rows are empty and who is waiting for the front. So every 10 minutes the ride ops yell over the microphone "we won't run trainsa until they ar full". They could try to be a little more polite. As for people getting mad about being told to wait behing the yellow or not to stand or sit on rails. It's for our safety, they also don't want to be sued for a preventable accident. I also can't tell you how many times i've seen broken rails, I can only wonder how they got broken.

Talon22
08-04-2001, 10:18 AM
I've never met a mean ride attendant. For best I would say Shivering Timbers. The lady was very enthusiastic and nice. She would ask how the ride was, and I couldn't help but cheering.
If you've ever ridden Lightning Racer, you'll DEFINATELY know what I'm about to say. There's this recorded voice that says every time "Lllliiiiggggghhhhhttinnnnnggggg Rrrrraaaaacccccccerrrrr" in the most annoying voice I've EVER heard. The ride is still great though.

Neko608
08-04-2001, 10:18 PM
Ever been to SFKK before? I rode Chang (waiting for one train for no apparent reason mind you) and the LEAD up there was about the laziest person I've ever seen, talking on his cell phone while grouping people.

CoasterCrazy
08-04-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
The Mantis crew is pathetic, low spirits, no morale, probably 50 attempted suicides a day.

How many times have you ridden Mantis? Every time I go on it the ride-ops are really enthusiastic. Too enthusiastic for my liking, but I dont mind it that much. I think it just adds to the overall atmosphere. Back to the subject, on the day I went to SFWOA, the crew for S:UE was HORRIBLE!

J-Brew2001
08-05-2001, 02:39 AM
The ride op's I met need to quit acting like they created the world because they are in control of a start button. The buck tooth, need a date ones that I had to deal with need retraining

AJRNWO316
08-05-2001, 11:00 AM
Steel Force at dorney park. Those ride ops are so monotone. I remember going last september right before school started for me. The park was dead. There was no line for anything. So my father and I go on Steel Force. We get back into the station and ask if we can just ride again since no one was there. This guy said, "No you can't." We said, "But there's no one here, why can't we just ride again." This guy said, "It's standard park policy. You'll have to go around and wait in line again." Well there was no line so we were both mad.

adude
08-05-2001, 06:31 PM
its pretty amazing with those ppl who group u on roller coasters if u tell em im not sittin there they listin fo course i asked them if there was an over all objective of the park bein every guest happy and then they said i could sit any where.

J-Brew2001
08-06-2001, 03:30 AM
Just got back from a SFGam trip tonight. Saw a ride-op fall out of the booth, right onto the floor on Batman when she walked out of it. I also saw a ride-op chew someone out on Raging Bull because his ticket # was out of sequence.

wahooskipper
08-06-2001, 09:56 AM
Until you have been a ride op you cannot begin to understand their situation. 8 + hours a day...mostly six days per week saying the same spiel over, and over, and over. Idiots in line just asking for attention by climbing on the rails, stepping over the line intentionally, asking the same stupid questions over and over.

While ride ops should not be nasty it is easy to get annoyed. That is why I think the ride op is one of the worst positions in a park. Working a coaster is akin to working on an assembly line. Doing the same thing over and over again.

My buddy and I worked at Disney at the same time. He in custodial...me on the Jungle Cruise. He had a lot more fun in his job and mine. It was almost 10 years ago and I still remember that spiel word for word...a 10 minute script!!! Stuck going around and around....sometimes spieling to a group of riders that didn't speak a lick of English!

He got to go anywhere in the park, stop and talk to guests, take their pictures, etc. No doubt about it...the ride op job is not at exciting as it appears to be.

JoshuaBell
08-06-2001, 01:08 PM
Mantis in 2000 at Cedarpoint takes the cake

John Fitz
08-06-2001, 03:45 PM
As far as ride attendants go, most of the ones that get bad raps in this thread are usually just doing their jobs. The ride attendants for Raptor and Batman: The Ride were a little rude, but that was because the person they were being rude to was an idiot.
On the other hand, the best ride attendants I can remember were the ones at Blue Streak at CP. When I first went to CP in 1998, Blue Streak was closed that day. When I finally got to ride it last year, all of the ride attendants wanted to look at my T-shirt. They were so enthusiastic.
The worst experience I've had with a ride attendants has always been at Mr. Freeze at SFStL. I wear glasses with a strap, and every time, a ride attendant has tried to PHYSICALLY REMOVE my glasses. The first time, it took another ride attendant to tell him that I was wearing a strap.

B&M Fanatic
08-06-2001, 08:26 PM
I think anyone who has ever worked on the minderaser at Six Flags America need to get their act together BIG TIME

Erik Johnson
08-06-2001, 09:22 PM
All threads that ask any of the following need to be posted in the "Polls" Forum.

-"What is the best..........?"
-"What is the worst..........?"
-"..........versus.........."
-"What's your favorite..........?"
-"What's your least favorite..........?"
-"Which is better..........or..........?"
-"Which is worse..........or.........."?
-Any other superlative

I'm moving this thread to "Polls" now.

J-Brew2001
08-06-2001, 11:34 PM
Trust me, I have been in plenty of "customer service" positions. While it may be annoying and frustrating, there is never an excuse to be rude to a patron. If you can't handle it, then get off the "front lines". In my opinion, the customers are the worst part of a job, but it is a job and should be taken as such. But I do have to say...I cannot stand working with the general public!! There are some real idiots out there!

Raging Rider
08-07-2001, 12:42 AM
Okay, why does everyone say Mantis has terrible ride staff. I went there THIS year and they were just fine. Was there a problem a year or two ago?

J-Brew2001
08-07-2001, 01:04 AM
I heard a funny thing from a ride op on Mantis while waiting in line last year. A ride op told a small kid that the train he was going on usually falls in the water below the station and that alligators are in there. The kid was crying enough to flood the park. I know that it's demented to laugh @ that, but I went through it as a kid and was always ablr to see the fun in it.

markm62
08-07-2001, 01:10 PM
I never really encountered bad staff, except sometimes in the ticket booth..Can you really blame them? They sit all day selling tickets in the heat.

Another thing: The staff changes sometimes so the people are different and maybe better (or worse)

Marcus
01-20-2002, 09:58 PM
The only people who I foud very rude where the mechanics working to fix X-Flight. That took several lunch breaks right in front of everyong waiting in line for X-Flight to open

PhantomRevnge67
01-23-2002, 03:41 PM
i havent been on a ride where the staff are annoying, mean etc. all the rides ive been on have really nice staff.

Dr.Bruce Banner
01-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Mine is any ride attendant's that cramb's you shoulder harness down to where you can't breathe!!!

antfarm007
01-23-2002, 04:28 PM
The last time of season i was therem the crew was good, except the op kept goin na ya na after his stupid jokes

BrooklynRider
02-15-2002, 04:39 PM
Any that yank the seat belt extra tight after you've gone through the trouble of making sure its loose to ensure airtime.

RagingBull#1
02-15-2002, 06:09 PM
when i went on mantis they made you stand up all straight, on iron wolf they dont care if you sit down

Cuddy
02-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by RagingBull#1
when i went on mantis they made you stand up all straight, on iron wolf they dont care if you sit down

Hmmm. Making you stand up on a standup coaster. Sounds legit to me. If you don't want to stand on a stand up coaster, then don't go on it. I even heard the rideops on Mantis say, "This is a stand up ride, you do not sit like on all the other coasters here." Maybe when I head to SFMM, I will attempt to sit on RR instead of stand, then get all pissed off when the ride ops tell me to stand straight.

RagingBull#1
02-16-2002, 03:15 PM
no they made everyone stand up so straight it was painfull if they spotted one person that was not perfectly erect lord have mercy

Chiller1472
02-16-2002, 03:38 PM
I'd imagine they're just doing their jobs, nothing annoying about that. No one ever said stand ups had the most comfortable trains. ;)

RaptorXLC
02-17-2002, 09:06 AM
Any ride at SFWOA

Alex T
03-09-2002, 02:47 PM
I don't know who has the rudest staff normally but the ride ops I don't like are the ones who go out of there way to be funny when they are really pretty corny and dumb. I mean it's nice they are trying but it can be kind of annoying.

jojo103081
03-09-2002, 10:36 PM
I've never come across any rude ride attendants in Florida yet.

crash
05-27-2002, 10:46 AM
i have mostly been to cedar point and i have no complaints about their staffing.

Chris L
05-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
Like somebody said, I think it is a tradition for Mantis staff to be rude

Well, then that's one tradition they'll have to break. What kind of tradition is that? Wait 'til Richard Kinzel finds out (if he hasn't already), especially when they're promoting that "Oh so friendly" family atmosphere...

Originally posted by RagingBull#1

Okay, why would you want to sit on a stand-up roller coaster. You do know what a stand-up coaster's emphasis is right?

Originally posted by AJRNWO316
Steel Force at dorney park. Those ride ops are so monotone. I remember going last september right before school started for me. The park was dead. There was no line for anything. So my father and I go on Steel Force. We get back into the station and ask if we can just ride again since no one was there. This guy said, "No you can't." We said, "But there's no one here, why can't we just ride again." This guy said, "It's standard park policy. You'll have to go around and wait in line again." Well there was no line so we were both mad.

Actually, THAT IS a park policy that most parks enforce now. Even though there's no line, they still want to keep everything working in a conventional manner. I also find it ridiculous how you have to go down the exit and enter the queue again (especially if there's a lot of walking involved) when there's nobody else waiting for the ride...

Note from mod: please use the edit button or quote all your replies in one single post. Don't make multiple posts in a row. Tanks.

X-Cellent
05-28-2002, 01:30 AM
I have only encountered a rude attendant not a staff and that was on RR and she wasn't all that bad just a little *****y.

Dr.Bruce Banner
05-28-2002, 02:08 AM
Ask Greg, Kraken has some pretty stuck up ride-op's. With the exception of a few.

Brett K
05-28-2002, 08:00 AM
I like the ride ops on Kraken. They're all nice and get the job done. (Dr. Banner got caught attempting a POV video on it :-D)