PDA

View Full Version : Do the "Suits" Read These????

BGTBFL
05-10-2001, 01:34 PM
I was just wondering if people that actually work for the main theme park companies read these types of forums to really get a first hand loook to what we think of what they are offering and what they need to offer...these forums I would find crucial to see what the public actually thinks of their parks... anyone else agree?

Tyler Eaves
05-10-2001, 01:36 PM
I honestly have to digagree. They get *plenty* of feedback from Guest Relations.

BGTBFL
05-10-2001, 01:40 PM
They do?? I have always had to deal with guests and they don't ever want to go to guest relations because it takes up too much time if they have complaints or anything.

SLFAKE
05-11-2001, 09:50 AM
Do the "suits" read these boards?
<BR>
<BR>Maybe... if they are extremely bored and need a good laugh.
<BR>
<BR>But to get information on what should be added to, removed from, or changed in their park? I seriously doubt it.
<BR>
<BR>Of the millions of people who visit parks per year, how much of a percentage to we "accurately" represent? Not much. Face it folks, we are the radicals... the "lunatic fringe". What we want or think is pretty extreme when compared to most of the GP.
<BR>
<BR>To get the pulse of what the GP majority is thinking, guest relations or other methods are used... not these boards.
<BR>
<BR>Can you picture this....
<BR>With out mentioning the name of the particular park, let's listen into a meeting of the "suits":
<BR>
<BR>Suit #1: Okay, after checking out what they are talking about on various forums on coaster sights, here is what I propose we do. 1) We bulldoze all of our kiddie rides. 2) we bulldoze any steel coaster over 15 years old, any wood coaster over 30 years old. 3) We bulldoze any steel coaster that does not contain at least 4 inversions. 5) We bulldoze all steel coasters under 150'tall, all wood coasters under 100' tall. 5) We bulldoze any flat ride that does not cause the rider to at least approach the point of blacking out. We then replace all of the above with 27 new coasters, all of which travel no less than 80mph, are no less than 200ft in height, are no less than 5000' in length, have no less than 12 inversions of some sort, all which either race, dual, race and dual, or go backward, or are flying, or are inverted. And we do all of this with in the next year. Because gosh darn it... this is what the people on those boards say they want!
<BR>
<BR>Suit #2: Okay, funny. Now what should we really do?
<BR>
<BR>Suit #1: No, I'm 100% serious!
<BR>
<BR>Suit #2: No, you're 100% mad.
<BR>
<BR>Suit #3: You're a loony.
<BR>
<BR>The day after the meeting Suit #1 has been reassigned in the company... he is now dressed as a giant Peanut Butter Cup (oops, gave away the park I had in mind) in the 90 degree heat and greeting guests at the entrance of the park.
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>I'm here for the coasters. If I had wanted theming, I'd have gone to the movies.<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLFAKE on 2001-05-11 09:51 ]</font>

loriu
05-11-2001, 03:47 PM
You'd be surprised at what the suits read.

BGTBFL
05-11-2001, 06:11 PM
that's hilarious SLFAKE!