PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! hersheypark or six flags great adventure?

LiNdSfh02
07-31-2001, 11:41 PM
guys! i really need help here. we had plans next week to go to 6 flags great adventure. but then my mom heard that hersheypark was better, so we might go there. what do you think? which is better and why? please help! and thanks in advance :)

DyingDutchman
07-31-2001, 11:42 PM
YOUR MOM IS FULL OF ****!!!!! SFGAD is much better! hershey only has like 3 good coasters, and by good i mean ok as in id rather ride it than not go at all..... dont go to hershey....

DyingDutchman
07-31-2001, 11:44 PM
but if your going down there..... go to Six Flags America instead.... it is better than both of them!!!!

Honan Beetch
08-01-2001, 02:13 AM
Six Flags America isn't better than both Hersheypark or Six Flags Great Adventure. Six Flags Great Adventure will whoop both those park's asses SOOO badly! I mean come on, they have coaster like Nitro and Medusa.

SLFAKE
08-01-2001, 07:46 AM
If you don't mind going to more than one park and you don't mind a little travelling, why not try this...

Give SFGrAdv a miss and hit Hersheypark, Dorney Park, and Knoebels.

Amy
08-01-2001, 07:58 AM
Personally, I think that if you want to ride a bunch of coasters, go to Great Adventure if you only have time for one park. They have a bunch of coaster, Hershey doesn't have as many and the quality of them doesn't compare evenly. Although if you do go to Hershey, it is a nice park and Lightning Racer is awesome. You would still have a good time. I would just rather ride all of the coasters at SFGAdv.

antfarm007
08-01-2001, 10:56 AM
Go to SFGAd, but if you can go to more than one park go to Hershey and Dorney and Knoebels

coastergenius100
08-01-2001, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by LiNdSfh02
guys! i really need help here. we had plans next week to go to 6 flags great adventure. but then my mom heard that hersheypark was better, so we might go there. what do you think? which is better and why? please help! and thanks in advance :)

Lol, is this a joke. Of coarse go to SFGadv over Hershey. And you should be ashamed of yourself, taking the advice of a GP.

trock476
08-01-2001, 03:04 PM
YOUR MOM IS FULL OF ****!!!!! SFGAD is much better! hershey only has like 3 good coasters, and by good i mean ok as in id rather ride it than not go at all..... dont go to hershey....

Ok, im not gonna start flaming, but youre the one whos full of it, buddy. You "diehard" Six Flags fans are startin to get on my nerves. Hershey is a great park, and as a matter-of-fact I'd rather go to Hershey than Six Flags. See, not only is about the coasters, its about atmosphere, and cleanliness, both which I feel SFGAdv lacks. The crowd control is horrible at SFGadv, at least the day I was there, and I found theres a lot of generally rude people there.

If you want totally roller coaster thrills, then yes, go to Six Flags, I will give you that. But if you're looking for a much friendlier and cleaner family park, then hit up Hershey. Its a great park, and I think you'd enjoy it.

SFGadvKing
08-01-2001, 05:59 PM
if you like woodies then go to hersheypark but if you like steel coasters then go to sixflags. i would rather go to sixflags.

Gladiator's Gauntlet
08-01-2001, 11:05 PM
SFGadv

$46 admission
$10 to park
crappy food, but very expensive
on the plus side Medusa, Nitro, and Batman only real good coasters.
Probably the best 6flags park out there.
Safari is cool but coasts extra.

Hershey
$32 admission
$6 to park
good food, a heck of alot cheaper for everything
Great Bear, Wild Mouse, Wildcat, Lightning racer
Much better atmosphire, cleaner, no gang fights, etc.
Smells like Chocolate all day.

You choose either park is a winner, I prefer Hershy though

Amy
08-02-2001, 04:54 PM
Actually, the Safari is now included in admission price. I'd skip it though. I don't enjoy monkeys jumping on my car. ;)

VomitComet
08-02-2001, 07:19 PM
SFA is worse than both of them! DONT GO THERE!!
Hmm, i gotta go with SFGAd, but prob just becuase i dont go there as much. I do enjoy LR and BB and WC and SDL and Comet. Nitro and Medusa though...hmmm.

Metalhead 777
08-03-2001, 07:26 PM
Probably SFGAdv. Nitro and Medusa look soooooooooo kool.

Rockrc480
08-03-2001, 11:10 PM
Go to Six Flags Great Aventure. Do the safari. The monkeys are hilarious.

sly
08-04-2001, 10:26 PM
i would say definetly SFGAdv for the awesome, awesome rides (one word--NITRO) but next i would say go to Dorney Park if you have time--you get both the park itself and the waterpark (Wildwater Kingdom) in one price and the rides like Talon and Steel Force are pretty cool. i don't really know about hershey--i've not been there while the rides have been open.

Xtremer
08-06-2001, 11:24 PM
Why did you even ask such a question? Six Flags Great Adventure is 1 million times better he hershey park. Its good for your mother to go to hershey park because that place is for older people not people looking for thrills. Go to Great adventure becase if you dont youll regret it.

Pulobear
08-08-2001, 06:46 PM
Go to Hershey park its alot more better the overall exsperance is better. lets look at the Pros and Cons just to let you know i know both parks very well. Pro-SFGAdv gets Packed and all the flat rides are closed a boring wooden coaster and very bad crowd control not to forget there is no shade in any of there Queues except G.A.S.M becuase they built that queue back when they cared about there quest roasting in the sun. Con_very good selection of steel coasters well actualy only 3 or 4 good ones and i cane asure you the chiller wont be a fun wait since its in the dead sun and with the heat Ny and Nj are getting hit with now it wont make it better.Pro-Hershey park has a great selection of wooden coasters and i mean Great Asem G force on the wildcat and good air on lighting racer.Con_gets crowded on weekends can get and will get lines trouout the day.Pro SFgadv food is disgusting!and very exspensive.Con_hershey park food is good but no cheaper then SFgadvs.Pro_Sfgadv harabel land scaping no theming anymore i mean they try but i cant compare to todays family standerds on a good theme.Con_preety good theming plenty of shade and foresty yet hilly land scape.Last but least Pro-Nitro,medusa,Batman. Con- Great bear,lighting racer,Wildcat i think you will be more satisfied with hershey park. if you go to hershey go as soon as they open and get greatbear,comet,lighting racer out the way first. as for SFGadv if you go there get nitro A.S.A.P same for the chiller and batman. other wise you will be stuck in line all day! I give SFgadv a 6 out of 10, 10 being the best and a 8 for hershey park. trsut me when i say this you will get more for your money at hershey park. if you go to Sfgadv after admission alone for two ull alreayd have spent almost $100 then food thats $25 or $30 plus maybe two on ride photos thats about $16 then you have to keep hidrated thats $2.50 a soda. in hershey you can make ur whole viset under $200 in Sfgadv it will be over $200 thats pricey but you cant starv yourself all day.thums up for Hershey park.

LiNdSfh02
08-12-2001, 10:28 PM
hey guys, thanks for all your opinions. we ended up going to six flags great adventure, and it was like 105 degrees out. when we got there, a bunch of rides were closed, so i was all mad. then they opened some of them. what's cool is that we were just walking by batman & robin and they had just opened it, so we were first on! wow, that's the fastest, most intense thing i've been on! batman was fun too. the scream machine... we got there with hardly any line, but right before we were to get on, there was a technical difficulty so we had to wait, and then they decided to close the ride down. ugh. and nitro -- holy... wow, that was awesome! there was maybe a 20 minute wait at night. so thanks to everyone who said we should go to six flags, it was a great experience!

rob85
08-14-2001, 10:42 PM
sfgadv

DyingDutchman
08-16-2001, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by VomitComet
SFA is worse than both of them! DONT GO THERE!!
Hmm, i gotta go with SFGAd, but prob just becuase i dont go there as much. I do enjoy LR and BB and WC and SDL and Comet. Nitro and Medusa though...hmmm.

you idiot! what do you mean that SFA is "better" than SFA????? have you even been to both??? i have been to SFA 4 times and hershey 4 times and six flags is better for rides hands down. its a matter of opinion anyway, and the mods should close this. he probably already went where he was going to go anyways.

rob85
08-17-2001, 04:49 PM
sfgadv

XxSfGaDvRocKsxX
08-22-2001, 10:47 AM
six flags great adventure is so much better.. and they have good food and its not a better atmosphere! its like the same but ok.

hershey is only wood and i dont like it a lot

GOOOO TOOOOOO SIIIIIIIIXXXXXXX FFLLLLLLLLAAAAAGGGGGSSSSSS

gibsonman
08-22-2001, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Gladiator's Gauntlet
SFGadv

$46 admission
$10 to park
crappy food, but very expensive
on the plus side Medusa, Nitro, and Batman only real good coasters.
Probably the best 6flags park out there.
Safari is cool but coasts extra.

Hershey
$32 admission
$6 to park
good food, a heck of alot cheaper for everything
Great Bear, Wild Mouse, Wildcat, Lightning racer
Much better atmosphire, cleaner, no gang fights, etc.
Smells like Chocolate all day.

You choose either park is a winner, I prefer Hershy though

if you have a six flags season parking pass (from another six flags), you can trick the old guys at the pay for parking area, and park for free. i found this out last saturday!
great adventure is alot better than america, it is about 3 times the size of it and has world class rides. think of it... not one, not two but 3 B&M coasters all in the same park. sfa has none.

RocetSoc12
08-22-2001, 02:16 PM
I think u should go to hershey. most of the time there is no line (literally) for all the costers. I went in the middle of july and got on lightning racer 6 times in a half hour . but great bear always has a longer line. its short but its longer then the others.I think u should go to hershey. most of the time there is no line (literally) for all the costers. I went in the middle of july and got on lightning racer 6 times in a half hour . but great bear always has a longer line. its short but its longer then the others. I think u should go to hershey. most of the time there is no line (literally) for all the costers. I went in the middle of july and got on lightning racer 6 times in a half hour . but great bear always has a longer line. its short but its longer then the others.