PDA

View Full Version : Dollywood's New 2002 Coaster

TNTornado
08-02-2001, 05:38 PM
I was able to beat the following information out of a Dollywood Attractions Coordinator: Dollywood will be installing a new coaster for the 2002 Season. No word on which company will design it, or what type of coaster it will be. I believe it will be a B&M Inverted, though. No word on the location either, however the current Dolly Parton Museum Building will be torn down during the winter, and the DP Museum will be moved to the empty building next to Thunder Road (previously the DJ Platter's restaurant Building). Construction on the ride will begin in late December of 2001. I will keep you posted as I find out more information.

TNT

Swimming King
08-02-2001, 05:42 PM
This should be in the park rumors as well. Anyway, I heard they were getting a Premier water coaster.

Honan Beetch
08-02-2001, 07:39 PM
A B&M inverted coaster is pretty predictable for Dollywood in 2002. I hope it's going to be a big one!

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
08-02-2001, 08:08 PM
I think that this will probably happen it has been rumored forever. I hope I can get up there next year.

SkeeJ
08-03-2001, 09:58 AM
Does this park get a lot of attendance? It must not if they wait so long in between coasters. But i bet any type of coaster would look awesome in the nice atmosphere. Just image a hyper swooping down through the hills. It would add a phantoms revenge type effect on the ride.

TNTornado
08-03-2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by SkeeJ
Does this park get a lot of attendance? It must not if they wait so long in between coasters. But i bet any type of coaster would look awesome in the nice atmosphere. Just image a hyper swooping down through the hills. It would add a phantoms revenge type effect on the ride.

The park gets very high attendance. Figures are always well into the millions per year. They do focus on things other than coasters, however. They had a large water ride installed in '98, the Tennessee Tornado in '99, the Dreamland Forest area in '00, and nothing to the theme park in '01, but the Dolly's Splash Country water park did open across the street in '01. So, usually, there is something new every year, but they don't only concentrate on coasters. With a new coaster in 2002, I'd say it will be at least 2004 or 2005 before another is built. But, when they do add rides, they do them good!

TNT

Griswold
08-03-2001, 12:44 PM
I always liked going to Dollywood. They are on the verge of becoming a park which can have something for everyone. I can see them concentrating on thrills more in the future while still being a family park. Plus, alot of the employees are senior citizens, and they take more pride in thier work and are very friendly.

cgodsey
08-03-2001, 10:01 PM
SDC, Inc. is spending MUCHO dollars on their parks in the next few years. The will be adding thrill rides as well as rides for the smaller park goers. This year they will add a B&M creation. Either an inverted or a floorless. Probably 3-6 inversions custom designed for Dollywood. This ride will complete a 2 coaster contract with B&M. They still have 3 rides remaining on their Arrow one. SDC will be getting two of them in a Mad Mouse or ArrowBATic coaster and another Arrow Creation. Dollywood will be getting a Mad Mouse or an ArrowBATic(whichever one SDC doesn't get) in 03.

Yes the park does have high attendance. Probably around 2 million a year. Silver Dollar City also has around that many also.

Expect these two parks to give the Six Flags parks in the area some competition.

NitroExplodes
08-05-2001, 04:56 PM
An inverted would fit nicely into the park. It would be cool if it was a hyper inverted, with a 150 ft. loop, diving loop/immelman, zero g roll, cobra roll, interlocking corkscrews/corkscrew and 1 loop.

cgodsey
08-06-2001, 12:49 PM
9 inversions????

Sorry, but that is highly unlikely at an SDC, Inc. Park. 6, maybe...7, possibly, but never more than that. I am thinking more on the lines of Talon...4-6 inversions.

JoshuaBell
08-06-2001, 02:40 PM
Isn't every new rollercoaster usually a B&M

Honan Beetch
08-07-2001, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by JoshuaBell
Isn't every new rollercoaster usually a B&M

Not every new coaster, ever GOOD new coaster. I mean not all new coaster always turn out to be hits! If you're talking of B&M, you've got a sure jackpot right there. I still think an inverted for Dollywood would be extremely awesome!

jayjava
08-07-2001, 05:45 AM
Thank God that they are tearing the old Dolly Parton Musuem down. That place wasn't bad but it didnt compliment the area. I really think that Dollywood is an excellent park. It truly does have a great ride for everyone. THUNDER ROAD is my favorite it is awesome. And yes when someone earlier said that when Dolly makes um they make um good and that is the truth my friends. Dollywood is a great park and had lots of potential.

gardener14
08-07-2001, 06:00 PM
For clarification, they are tearing down the current Dolly Parton museum, but they are building a new one next to Thunder Road in the building that used to be a restaurant.

markm62
08-08-2001, 01:54 PM
Dollywoods sucks but if they get B&M that would totally rock.

Inferno
08-09-2001, 12:27 AM
I haven't been there since their only coasters were an Arrow mine train and a dark coaster. I'll go back next year if it is a B&M inverted or CCI. I really wanna ride the smooth Tennessee Tornado as well!