PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tips for SFMM 8/14

Archer
08-06-2001, 12:31 PM
Hey folks... me and several friends are heading to SFMM (my first time there...I am _so_ pumped) on Tuesday the 14th, and I was wondering if anyone would be good enough to give me some pointers about which way is the best way to attack this monster. I'm also curious if anyone knows what Tuesday operation is usually like crowd wise. Any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks!

sfmm2004
08-06-2001, 03:07 PM
i'm going that day, too (on 8/14/2000 i went w/ my friends and i was scared, went on my first loop, loved it, and turned into an entusiast....so it's kinda like an anniversary for me :-) as for tips/hints...i'm open for suggestions, too! hopefully (but doubtfully) deja vu will be open. thrill shot already is and x might be testing. other than that, just start at the back of the park (rr and b:tr) then move towards the front for minimal lines.

surfanatic2000
08-06-2001, 07:22 PM
Actually... I always hit Goliath first thing cuz you know theres gunna be lines all day for that. If you run youll be thru it in 5 min, or if u wait for the front (its cool but not the best) itll maybe take 15 min first thing. Then do Batman and Riddlers and Superman in that order, then go viper and ninja (if you really want to) and do the cool ones again.Hope you have fun!

AJRNWO316
08-06-2001, 08:23 PM
Lucky guy. I've never been to SFMM. If I were you, I'd hit Goliath first thing then do whatever the rest of the day.

Andy Rathe
08-07-2001, 04:17 PM
Yes, do Goliath first, that will have the longest queue. Then, I'd do Riddlers, Superman and Batman, those queues will be the next longest.

Everything else should not be too bad - I went in August last year, and apart from the rides I've mentioned the queues were either a walk-on to 20 - 30 minutes. Apart from the rapids, which were jammed because of the hot weather.

If you visit my site (link below), you'll find a review of my trip and all my thoughts on the coasters.

Coasterfanman21
08-08-2001, 10:47 PM
Goliath first all the way. ooooh Yeah!

The Patman
08-09-2001, 07:05 PM
When X opens do you think Goliaths' line will shorten on average or remain the same.

Chris L
08-17-2001, 02:10 AM
Probably remain the same. Why? Because there will only be MORE visitors rather than the same amount just evening out in the queue lines.

coastergenius100
09-02-2001, 11:21 AM
I say do Deja Vu first.