PDA

View Full Version : Sfog

GASMRoKs11
08-07-2001, 12:15 AM
I heard from danimation that footers were spotted around the Viper. Im getting really excited about what is gonna happen in 2002. I bet theyre putting in a hyper with a tunnel because of the drilling tests. Also, if u look to the right at the top of the viper, u can see all types of machinery on top of the hill with all the flags, and a bunch of dirt and stuff. Im goin on wednesday and im gonna take pictures of anything interesting i see. Does anyone else no any more info about whats going on around the viper???

Honan Beetch
08-07-2001, 05:07 AM
Have footers really been spotted? Wow! Construction for a new coaster this quickly? Their Déjà Vu super invertigo coaster hasn't even opened yet and already they're gonna build a hypercoaster. I hope it's gonna be a B&M!

edh101985
08-07-2001, 01:08 PM
Are footers the supports? I dont know anything, but since their is so much construction going on now, mabe they will announce the new ride around AUG 13 so they can start building the rollercoaster without everyone being their on the weekdays.

SFOG rules
08-07-2001, 01:21 PM
NO, footers are the big 10 ft deep concrete blocks that the supports for coasters are screwed to. They give each support a foundation and they support the supports. As much as I would like a B&M hyper because of the 4 across and open reclined seating, I want an Intamin hyper because Intamin builds bigger. But if SFOG gets a B&M hyper, as long as it tops off at at least 230 ft and includes an underground tunnel, that would be cool, but if SFOG gets an Intamin hyper that tops off at 250 ft, and includes an underground tunnel, that would be awesome, but I think the ride will be about 230 feet high, no matter who the manufacturer is. Also has anyone thought that all this drilling that's going on isn't for a tunnel, and maybe it's for these footers that have been spotted. Because I can't see a tunnel on that hill if that's where the lifthill is supposed to go. I'll be going this Saturday and let you all know what I see.

AJRNWO316
08-08-2001, 02:47 PM
If they do build a hyper, have fun!!! I know I've enjoyed Nitro and still do. If your hyper is anything like Nitro, you are in for a real treat.

HighJander
08-08-2001, 05:37 PM
yeah i hope it works out for sfog.. i dont think sfgadv is getting anything although i still have my fingers crossed

CoasterFreakMan
08-08-2001, 09:22 PM
I went to SFoG and saw these so called footers. They do look promising but I can't identify the company that made them! I hope we get a new hyper!:D

GASMRoKs11
08-08-2001, 11:10 PM
Today, when i went, I couldnt find any footers. Where exactly are they. I mustve been looking at the wrong spots!

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
08-09-2001, 02:07 AM
Wow I wish someone would have some pics of them. Oh well I hope they keep Viper. Btw post 200 for me.

edh101985
08-09-2001, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by GASMRoKs11
Today, when i went, I couldnt find any footers. Where exactly are they. I mustve been looking at the wrong spots!

I think they are ontop of the hill. You can probably see them if you ride GASM.

Fiercedeitylink1
08-09-2001, 11:10 AM
Yep, that was me who posted that on Danimation.

edh101985
08-09-2001, 01:29 PM
Have any pictures?