PDA

View Full Version : Six Flags America

HyperCoaster
08-07-2001, 10:10 PM
Does anyone think that Six Flags America needs a B&M Floorless?

I just don't think SFA needs a stand-up coaster since Kings Dominion has a TOGO Stand-Up. SFA does not need to have another Kings Dominion or Hersheypark ride.

gibsonman
08-07-2001, 10:38 PM
SFA should fix the water park instead of another coaster. Besides, every time they open a new coaster it has problems and ends up opening really late in the season. Then there's the staffing problem. SFA barely has enough help to run the park, let alone another ride. Look at batwing, the reason they havenít been running both trains is because of lack of untrained staff. They should concentrate on expanding the water park and improving staff ( both in numbers as well as training/customer service).

coastergenius100
08-07-2001, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by HyperCoaster

I just don't think SFA needs a stand-up coaster since Kings Dominion has a TOGO Stand-Up. SFA does not need to have another Kings Dominion or Hersheypark ride.

That's not really think that this is an issue, because Shockwave is made by TOGO and really sucks, a B&M would blow it away.

Medusa1861
08-07-2001, 10:52 PM

For the floorlessthis is exactly the arguement on why people don't think SFGAdv won't get a Flying, so if SFA gets a floorless SFGAdv has a chance for a Flying and for the stand-up i think SFA would have gotten a stand-up if they didn't get Batwing

markm62
08-08-2001, 02:34 PM

Definetly! B&M's rock!!

AJRNWO316
08-08-2001, 02:52 PM
Anything B&M is good.

DrachenFire96
08-08-2001, 02:58 PM
I don't think Six Flags is concerned with PKD, otherwise they wouldn't have built a Mad Cobra even if PKD's is indoors. I don't see a floorless because Medusa East is at the next closest Six Flags park. I see a stand up more logical, hence I don't see SFGadv getting either a Dutchman or a stand-up.

speedfrk
08-13-2001, 05:03 PM
I would love to see a massive B&M stand up at SFA.Somewhere along the lines of Riddler's Revenge or Mantis to put PKD's Shockwave to pure shame.

NitroExplodes
08-14-2001, 08:53 AM
They need some type of B&M

B&M Fanatic
08-14-2001, 10:18 AM
Yeah another B&M would do them good

CoastrDznr
08-14-2001, 10:20 AM
SFA is my home park and I believe they need a B&M floorless or stand-up. One of the two. But I heard they were getting a mine train roller coaster this year. Is that true? Hopefully not.

CoastrDznr
08-14-2001, 10:23 AM
Can someone tell me what is going in at SFA next year. I really hope it is not a mine train roller coaster. Cause I heard that they bought the Rock-and-Roller Coaster mine train ride from DollyWood and that they are putting that in next year. Somebody tell me I am wrong and that they are getting a B&M.

Honan Beetch
08-14-2001, 05:08 PM
I've never heard about Six Flags America buying Dollywood's Rock-and-Roller Coaster mine train coaster. Where did you hear this? Anyway, I don't think Six Flags America's gonna be getting anything at all for the 2002 season. I mean since 1998, they've been getting a new major attraction(s) every year. They got Roar in 1998, The Joker's Jinx and Two-Face: The Flip Side in 1999, Superman: Ride of Steel in 2000, and Batwing in 2001. By now, I think the theme park will probably decide to chill down and just rest a bit for the 2002 season. If not, my prediction for their 2002 coaster would probably be a B&M stand-up coaster. I heard they were supposed to get a B&M stand-up for the 2001 season, but Batwing came up. Grrr! Even though Batwing is an awesome flying Dutchman coaster, I still think a B&M stand-up would have been just as good an addition. I hope Six Flags America does get that B&M stand-up they were supposed to get. I mean it's only one of a few Six Flags theme parks missing out on the B&M thrills!!!

Honan Beetch
08-14-2001, 05:13 PM
Six Flags America should get a B&M stand-up coaster for the 2002 season! It's been missing out on the B&M scream machines other theme parks have been getting. I mean it's only one of a few Six Flags theme parks that doesn't feature a B&M coaster. Nowadays, it's kind of a rarity to see a Six Flags theme park without at least one B&M. Weren't they supposed to build a B&M stand-up for 2001, but Batwing came up? That's what I heard. Anyway, they should build a B&M stand-up for 2002 so that it could attract more coaster fans. Hmmm, I don't think there's much possibility for a B&M stand-up coaster to open for the 2002 season, but I can always hope. A stand-up made by the amazing Swiss firm is just what the theme park needs to make its coaster collection even better!

CoastrDznr
08-14-2001, 08:47 PM
I agree. A B&M would be good for that park.

TNTornado
08-15-2001, 09:22 AM
Dollywood has never had a ride called Rock-and-Roller Coaster, so I really doubt there is any truth behind this rumour. There was a Thunder Express mine train coaster at one time, however.

VomitComet
08-18-2001, 12:02 AM
SFA was supposed to build a coaster a year for the next 8 years according to a press realease i read when it was first bought. They have built 4.

In the past like 7 years they have built

Mind Eraser
Tower of Doom
Roar
Typhoon Seacoaster
Joker's Jinx
Two Face: The flip-side
Superman ride of steel
Batwing

VomitComet
08-18-2001, 12:04 AM
my bet for next year would be somthing cloned (like always). Maybe an impulse coaster, but they already have an inverted boomerand and a launched. The only thing they dont have is a normal sitdown freeform. a B&M would be nice but SFA is too cheap and i am not that lucky. I would say a wild maus would be a good guess.

Kevin Winkler
08-18-2001, 03:21 AM
huhuh...too cheap...um....riiiight....considering ROS alone is worth 15-18 million by itself, along with a 10 million dollar Premier, and a 10-15 million flying coaster, not to mention roar and two face, yep, they are definately cheap! :-P

DrachenFire96
08-18-2001, 03:38 AM
A mod jumping on someone elses opinion LOL :D I say a beemer stand-up. That park can only build one coaster a year due to county restraints (Jinx and 2-face were special case because Python came down). With such a limitation put on the park, I see a new coaster every year for the next few years, simply because PKD is right down the road from them, and they need to compete for peeps. I say that SFA has already doubled if not tripled the crowd size in that park since last year alone. Last year the park was a relative ghost town, this year, every trip I have made, this park has been pretty full. A complete opposite of PKD if you ask me. This year I had my best experience at PKD in 7 years, simply because it WASN'T overcrowded.

Airhead9
08-18-2001, 09:45 PM
I talked to a ride op a few days ago and he said they would be getting a new coaster next year! please B&M PLease B&M please B&M...

RollerCoasterFn
08-22-2001, 12:02 AM
six flags america in maryland is getting a wooden twister with a loop. custom coasters were there 3 days ago when i went and they have a sign up over by two face that says new wooden looper for 02

HisDougness
08-22-2001, 12:12 AM
CCI? Wow, that surprises me that they would build a looper after only one having been built. They always seemed kinda conservative in their designs to me.

DrachenFire96
08-22-2001, 12:37 AM
I find this a bit out of the norm...SFA has never announced coasters earlier than March because the county the park is in is incredibly slow giving permits to the park to build, and that is after lengthy delays for approval. If this is true, I will see it when I go in a few weeks....people with season passes, verify this for us QUICKLY!!!!

Inferno
08-22-2001, 01:59 AM
I find this strange that CCI would in fact build a coaster with a loop. All of their coasters are standard wooden coasters with the basic elements. None with extreme height, length, or speed. They don't have many record breakers either. I'd call them the B&M of wooden coasters, or you could call B&M the CCI of steel coasters. Both make great coasters that are very smooth. SFA does need a new woodie badly though.

Cyclone Master
08-22-2001, 07:30 AM
I don't beleive any rumors made by people with like 2 posts.

Can you give us a pic of this sign? What you should have done is went to a gift shop, buy a camera, take pic of sign, the scan it and show it to us. If you can do that, I'll belive you, but something tells me you probably never return here again.

coastergenius100
08-22-2001, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by DrachenFire96
I find this a bit out of the norm...SFA has never announced coasters earlier than March because the county the park is in is incredibly slow giving permits to the park to build, and that is after lengthy delays for approval. If this is true, I will see it when I go in a few weeks....people with season passes, verify this for us QUICKLY!!!!

Well I went yesterday until about noon, and went to Two Face: the Flip Side briefly. I don't really remember any sign. But there could have been, I don't remember to well. But that would be awesome for SFA to get not just a woodie, not just a CCI woodie, but a CCI looper.

mrk468zz
08-22-2001, 09:18 AM
think about it. if this were true, there woulda been an official press release about it. why would they just slap a sign up in the park that obviously isnt large enough for everyone to take notice?

PKI_bug
08-22-2001, 11:21 AM
I dont believe it either.

speedfrk
08-22-2001, 12:58 PM
Well,this seems very funny I only live 15 minutes away and the last time I was there about a month ago,a security guard told me that two new rides were going up between SROS and BATWING for 2002. I don't see where they would put a CCI behind TWO-FACE. I thought the administration offices where back there.

RollerCoasterFn
08-22-2001, 01:08 PM
they are getting it because i saw CCI there they had CCI shirts on and they might have removed the sign because alot of other people were there too and i heard them talking saying they heard CCI building a wooden twister for 02 with a loop

coastergenius100
08-22-2001, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by speedfrk
Well,this seems very funny I only live 15 minutes away and the last time I was there about a month ago,a security guard told me that two new rides were going up between SROS and BATWING for 2002. I don't see where they would put a CCI behind TWO-FACE. I thought the administration offices where back there.

Hypothetically if this rumor is true, then what SFA would probably do is add 2 flat rides in that area, and add the CCI coaster back around Two Face: the Flip Side.

RollerCoasterFn
08-22-2001, 01:32 PM
look i posted my own thread about SFA and they are getting a wooden twister with a loop from CCI i was there about 5 days ago now and people from CCI were there and some guest i over heard said they heard them say that and they did have a sign up near two face

cgodsey
08-22-2001, 02:07 PM
After the problems SF had with their CCI twisters, I doubt that it would be a CCI one... Also, I don't think CCI would even be so bold as to build a wooden looper. Who knows, maybe we will see one, but the odds against it are pretty great.

And for the record, compared to Intamin's woodie, CCIs are NO WHERE NEAR as smooth. I wouldn't say that CCIs are VERY smooth. The CCI Twisters I have ridden have been far from smooth. Maybe I haven't ridden the right ones :)

B&M Fanatic
08-23-2001, 07:53 AM
They already have two good woodies so why get another one

gibsonman
08-23-2001, 01:01 PM
i'm going later tonight, i will try to find out some info. but i heard an indoor ride, called batcave. someone said that they would rebuild python as the batcave, it would be partially underground so there wouldn't be so many steps to climb! and they won't get 2 new rides in a year, the whole reason why python was removed was some county law that they could get add one coaster a year. they added Joker's and REPLACED python...

my guess, 2003 B&M. this year rebuild python cause it would be cheap.

coastersrsweet
08-25-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by RollerCoasterFn
six flags america in maryland is getting a wooden twister with a loop. custom coasters were there 3 days ago when i went and they have a sign up over by two face that says new wooden looper for 02

Im going to SFA this friday the 31st and all of your guestions will be answerd I will bring a camera wich will prove evrything that all of you ppl have said.

NitroExplodes
08-25-2001, 04:54 PM
I doubt a CCI looper. But maybe a reg CCI.

X-Treme Rider
08-25-2001, 10:20 PM
They never copy. They have good rides escecially Batwing. they can get what they want.

HighJander
08-26-2001, 04:08 PM
i went to sfa yesterday 8/25 and i agree they need more staff batwing's line was atleast 1 hour or more with only one train and the staff loads slowly... i noticed they load slowly at every ride there. Still i enjoyed it but think they need some more staff before even thinking about building more rides.

NitroExplodes
08-27-2001, 07:33 AM
You know, they should take their employees to SFGAdv up the road to see how they get the lines moving and have a fast staff.

J-Brew2001
08-30-2001, 02:27 AM
I think the next trend may be to put a floorless @ all parks. It is a great concept.

cedarpoint4ever
08-31-2001, 09:54 PM
they need more good staffing before anything else. SFA is relatively weak in terms of attendence compared to PKD. i think that they will get another coaster to up attendence. they need to stop building clones though. a CCI wooden looper would be amazing. im hoping that will happen or a B&M (finger's crossed)

coastergenius100
08-31-2001, 10:04 PM
I don't see why they just spend an extra 2-3 million dollars for an original concept. But I geuss that GP don't really care, so it doesn't dip into their profit much.