PDA

View Full Version : Real Theme Park Demo series

Dorkula
08-09-2001, 01:03 AM
BlueBall Interactive is now releasing a demo series.. In the series you will be able to see a park from Real Theme Park built from the ground UP! The finished park will have all rideable rides.

The first demo of the series(version 0.1) lets you walk around and view the beggining construction stages of "HappyDay Theme Park".

Get more info and download it at http://taelstall.50megs.com

mark
08-09-2001, 08:03 AM
So when can we expect version 0.2?? and the other ones?? how much time will there be between the updates??

will the graphics be improved??

Dorkula
08-09-2001, 09:32 AM
Time between the updates should not be too long. We expect to get version 0.2 done before a months time.. With this new version the graphics will improve too.(in detail).

mark
08-09-2001, 09:40 AM
That's good news :)

I'm very curious how it looks. what is the first ride.... rollercoaster of course, but which/what kinda of rollercoaster??

Keep up the work and let us know when verion o.2 is out!!

ghosta
08-09-2001, 10:42 AM
What the?????. i want to the site to download the demo, then i clicked the link, and it said i couldnt go, and the acces was denied

Dorkula
08-09-2001, 11:31 AM
I have tested the link on my computer and it worked just fine.. I will contact Steve (the one who came up with the idea) and ask him to see what he can do.

The questions will be answered soon. Did you notice the stack of wood? Or what about that big left? And the track part?

Hint: Search the forum for pictures that look similar to the track part.

Dorkula
08-09-2001, 11:33 AM
Oops i messed up on the URL up there.. it is http://talestall.50megs.com

I am very sorry.

ghosta
08-09-2001, 10:36 PM
Hey dorkula, can you please show some pics of the rides, in your game. And please alot of the coasters. Whats the highest drop for a coaster.

mark
08-10-2001, 04:31 AM
And how many levels/parks will there be??

and how big are the parks going to be??

ghosta
08-10-2001, 10:36 AM
theres 20 levels, check out there site

Dorkula
08-10-2001, 02:13 PM
Ghosta is right there will be 20 levels and maybe more if we have neough time. The parks will be as big as we can get them. Right now the parks have a potential of beign as big as a regular Real life theme park. If you reall want some more in depth information contact steve (the administrator of the BlueBall forum) he knows a few more details about the size and type of levels that are able to be built.

The below picture is of the unpathced v01.

ghosta
08-10-2001, 04:57 PM
Whats that

Hulk
08-10-2001, 06:09 PM
how do i play that game

Dorkula
08-10-2001, 08:05 PM
This level was created by Steve L but I will tell you what our team has planned.

This is the ground work for a theme park. Have you ever been able to whatch a theme park get built right in fornt of your eyes?! Each demo from the demo series will ahow new progress of the level. As the demo series progresses so will the park. By the time the demo series reaches version 1.0 the whole park will be built!

For more info on how to play the game goto the BlueBall forum. I am suppose to direct you there for technical support.

http://talestall.50megs.com

ghosta
08-10-2001, 08:41 PM
Is that a track of a coaster. Will it be easy to recreate coasters from real life into the game.And do you know of any good coaster games for mac. Please answer

ghosta
08-10-2001, 09:19 PM
WHAT. i downloaded the demo, then it said, that it couldnt be opned because the program that created it could not be found. Whats goin on??????

Dorkula
08-10-2001, 11:28 PM
Yes that is a roller coaster track in the middle.

Unfortunately Mac is losing popularity and it is not on as many PC's as windows is. That is one of the main reasons most PC games come out on windows first.

I am sorry to say I don't know of any coaster games for mac but I have searched for a good mac engine on the web and have found one. This is the engine we may use to EASILY recreat RTP for Mac.

Cuddy
08-11-2001, 12:04 AM
Looks like a lot of work has gone into this, but I think I'll wait for the finished product.

Dorkula
08-11-2001, 03:27 AM
Ghosta you are as confused as we are. I have tried to cause that error on our machines but we where unable to.

System requirements

4mb video card
32 mb RAM
233mhz (on low res.)
Win95 and above

Please consult our message forum for tech support. Steve may be able to help you more than I can. Get to the forum by going to http://talestall.50megs.com and click the link under the heading 'Welcome to the BlueBall website'.

Tom Zeliff
08-11-2001, 07:23 AM
There wasn't really any "coaster" or "game" in this demo. You're forced to walk in a small area, you can't interact with anything, there is one crane dangling over one peice of track that isn't very realistic.....I think you should wait a lot longer before releasing another demo. This isn't showing any promise for your final game, and I'd much rather see a more complete demo where you can do stuff, make/ride rides and so on.

-Tom

ghosta
08-11-2001, 10:59 AM
SO its goin to be easy to re create this game for mac, now u found a good engine. But when do u think the game will be ready for mac. and can u please show some pics of a coaster, i think we would all be satsified

Ok i get it now, u didnt post the requirements and thats what got me messed up

Cuddy
08-12-2001, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Tom Zeliff
There wasn't really any "coaster" or "game" in this demo. You're forced to walk in a small area, you can't interact with anything, there is one crane dangling over one peice of track that isn't very realistic.....I think you should wait a lot longer before releasing another demo. This isn't showing any promise for your final game, and I'd much rather see a more complete demo where you can do stuff, make/ride rides and so on.

-Tom

Good to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this way. The screenshots look less than stellar. Usually when a demo is released...the game is near completion and major bugs are being exterminated.

Prototype might be a better word than demo.

Dorkula
08-12-2001, 02:22 PM
I would really apprectiate it if you guys would think and look on the website for a reason why the demo looks so small. There is a reason why we are calling it a demo series. It is suppose to enable you to whatch a park get built from the ground up demo by bemo (Although I must admit that that crane isn't very spactacular).

mark
08-13-2001, 04:30 AM
i like the idea to show how the park is build from zero... and also like to see how the graphics will improve along the way (as promised ;) )

Dorkula
08-13-2001, 04:39 AM
Ok I am updating to a new webserver! this one is a lot better from the last one thank Jim for this new feature..

http://blueball.yoll.net

same design but loads faster.. Also for the next 12 hours while we are updating some downloads/parts of the site may be down. don't worry this is only temperary.

If this link doesn't work for you then try our old webhost:
http://talestall.50megs.com

mark
08-15-2001, 09:58 AM
he dork,

Now there is a demo version 2.0 is that really true, because the last time it was 0.1 ??? :confused:

Coasterfanman21
08-15-2001, 06:53 PM
i will wait for the finished product no doubt about it

Dorkula
08-16-2001, 05:34 PM
If you have questions concerning the game please goto the BlueBall Interactive message board via the link on http://talestall.50megs.com .

Before the version was 1.0 (error on me) now we added a few more things in the construction of the theme park. In about september you will be able to ride rides in the park! Other rides (atractions) may be played before but that is up to steve.

Unfortunately the arcade had to be disabled in this release.

Dorkula
08-20-2001, 10:31 PM
There is more news concerning BlueBall Interactive.. The game is still well on its way to version 3.0 which will include a 2/3 completed roller coaster.. A 3/4 completed drop zone and other features that will not be added by me.

Thanks to steve the bug about inserting disk 2 was fixed and a new download of RealThemePark was posted.

Also if you have questions please ask theme on our message board. it gives us a better idea of the amount of people who downloaded (or tried) and will help us help you... (flashback).

anyway. You can also reach us via a new support e-mail adress:
support@blueball-interactive.zzn.com

Thank You for your support,
Anthony

mark
08-28-2001, 04:06 AM
The crane is gone !!! :D

what happened with the woodie ??

Dorkula
08-29-2001, 01:05 AM
I am sorry but steve only wants a good coaster for the finished demo. The ride currently being cunstructed is a suspended roller coaster. Black and Blue paint without the gloss.

The next release is almost finished. This will complete 2/3 of the roller coaster and DropZone will be able to be ridden. In about 2 releases the coaster will be finished!

Hope you are enjoying the game.

Thank You,
The BlueBall Interactive Staff

J-Brew2001
09-10-2001, 03:15 AM
It looks great. The screenshots do not work on the RTP site.