PDA

View Full Version : NEW SFoG Coaster!

CoasterFreakMan
08-09-2001, 02:43 PM
I have heard from a reliable source that the new coaster at SFoG for 2002 will be a B&M hyper coaster topping out at 245 feet and feature over 6000 feet of track!

The ride will start out at Viper and turn left to climb the lift toward the GASM. It will drop and then turn on the ground to head to the left of Ninja and then drop again 215 feet into a tunnel (this explains the drilling). Then the ride will go up and enter a huge helix like AC at BGW and go around Deja Vu and come back with 7 bunny hops on the way back. The coaster will have to go through the structure of GASM and then circle back around the Viper reverse tower. This ride sounds like it will be awesome!

Can't wait for the official announcement!

:)

C
08-09-2001, 03:08 PM
sounds cool, very very cool

edh101985
08-09-2001, 03:29 PM
Awsome! When will the official announcement be? Go around de ja vu??? Are you sure about that? Mabe wrap around Ninja, but De ja vu....

DMBCardinal
08-09-2001, 04:55 PM
That's very cool. I hope that it's true. I'm having a hard time visualizing this however. Maybe you can help me out.

You say that the lift hill goes toward GASM. Which part? The lift hill, the turn around, the que house?

You also say that it dips to the left of Ninja. Do you mean between Ninja and the Wheelie? That seems kinda wierd.

Then you say that it goes down 215 feet into the tunnel where the drilling is. The drilling is on the hill next to Viper. That's about a thousand feet away from the Ninja.

Is the track going down between the GASM and SSA and then turn at the river where it will turn, run past the Ninja and then make it's turn around at Deja Vu? Is this what you're saying, cause I'm kinda missing the boat here.

Also, probably the most important question: Is Viper going or staying????

Where did you get your info BTW? Park employee or something? Any more info would be great.

Thanks alot.

markm62
08-09-2001, 05:03 PM
Hyper B&M's rock, so if they get one, it's gonna be sweet. I can't wait. (if the rumor is true)

Fafolguy
08-09-2001, 11:18 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. A B&M hyper would be GREAT!

GASMRoKs11
08-09-2001, 11:27 PM
I agree with DMBcardinal. I really want more info and im having a hard time visualizing this. It makes sense, the direction of the lift hill though, because theres a direct line of flags heading that way from the viper. I hope all this is true!

dakevsta
08-10-2001, 12:44 AM
Even though ANYTHING is possible...I find this a little hard to believe.....But I would be so happy if they did! A hyper at my home park would let me sleep at night (better)

Honan Beetch
08-10-2001, 03:23 AM
It's really cool how Six Flags Over Georgia will immediately start on another big coaster even though their own Déjà Vu hasn't even opened yet. I'm sure Déjà Vu will open by Labor Day. Switching back to the hyper, how sure are you that the hyper's not gonna be a B&M? Personally, I think B&M hypercoasters are the best kinds of hypercoasters out there, but there's a possibility that it might be an Intamin hypercoaster. I'm not really gonna be looking forward to another Intamin hyper as much as a B&M hyper 'cause I know it'll probably be another Superman: Ride of Steel coaster. I'm sure Six Flags Over Georgia will get a B&M hyper. Over 6,000 feet of track seems like a really huge hyper. Not only that, but the coaster is said to intertwine and go through other coasters' structures. That would be sweet! Well, we'll all just have to wait until announcement time comes and see if this coaster's really gonna happen. I think it surely will 'cause why would they drill the ground under Viper's track? I mean it's probably for some tunnel usage, so I think it'll be for this future amazing B&M hyper.

NitroExplodes
08-10-2001, 04:04 PM
I believe 245 ft, but no 6000 ft of track. Six Flags doesnt build long coasters (nitro is the longest at 5394 ft). I would see a length closer to titans or nitros, not 6000.

Motionman
08-10-2001, 09:20 PM
They aren't drilling the ground for a tunnel. They are drilling the ground to study the soil and land that the 20ft footers will be sitting in. Before they built titan they were taking core samples all around the the area the ride was built. They even took some in parts where the ride was not built.

NitroExplodes
08-11-2001, 10:09 AM
I guess the coaster is in the works. How big is the land that is cleared? When Nitro was being built, I could tell what kind of coaster it would be by the area of the land cleared.

S:ROSFNE
08-12-2001, 01:00 PM
B&M hypers are really good. so smooth, tons of airtime, and those trains rock so hard. dangling legs what a great idea.

B&M Fanatic
08-12-2001, 09:43 PM
This sounds so cool and SFOG needs another B&M to make a good park great

DMBCardinal
08-14-2001, 10:05 AM
Need more info...anyone?

mindbender27
08-15-2001, 08:15 PM
the sky coaster is in the way if i am getting this right. and all the way to deja vu? NA!!!!!!!!! what ever. we just got 2 new rides and a 6000 foot B and M will be soooooooo much money. and where are we getting all of this money? i am not doubting the Band M hyper but 6000 feet is ridiculus! lets think b4 we post.

Siaye
08-16-2001, 01:48 AM
I agree that they might be getting a B&M hyper. But the layout sounds a little odd. If it goes through GASM, wouldn't the Skycoaster get in the way? And circling around Deja Vu doesn't sound very likely.

I may just have the wrong mental image here..... But, it sounds to me like:

Siaye
08-16-2001, 02:10 AM
I agree that they might be getting a B&M hyper. But the layout sounds a little odd. If it goes through GASM, wouldn't the Skycoaster get in the way? And circling around Deja Vu doesn't sound very likely.

I just can't seem to understand what's going on here. COASTERFREAKMAN, edit the picture below to further explain the layout of this B&M hyper.

Siaye
08-16-2001, 02:11 AM
...... All that talk and I forget the picture :D :D :D

dakevsta
08-17-2001, 10:01 PM
Im still trying to get a message around that the GM of SFOG, Mr Odum said that there is a lot of rock where they want a tunnel, but they are planning for a hyper

edh101985
08-17-2001, 10:46 PM
Um..that picture is about 4 years old. That construction in the photo isnt new. De ja vu isnt even built, and it also looks like the scorcher isnt build yet. I went to that website to look at a picture of my house, and it wasnt even built when the picture was taken.

CoasterFreakMan
08-18-2001, 11:01 PM
Well, it seems that the rumor I heard has been changed a little. The ride now seems to be about 5100 feet long but will still be designed by B&M.

The rides station will be located right where the Viper is right now. The train will head out toward the Southern Star Amphitheater and turn left heading straight for the bottom of the first drop of GASM.

The lift will be about 240 feet and will drop down toward the GASM drop and right to the right of the Sky Coaster Support.

Then, the ride will go up about 190 feet over the GASM (making it look really small). The train will hit a huge hammerhead element and then hit another huge bunny hop. After this, there will be a brake run about 100 feet in the air right near the structure of the GASM ending.

The ride will head back through a series of bunny hops and a serious helix back near the station.

Now, this is only a rumor that I have heard, but I think that it has a serious chance of becoming true!

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
08-19-2001, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by CoasterFreakMan
Well, it seems that the rumor I heard has been changed a little. The ride now seems to be about 5100 feet long but will still be designed by B&M.

The rides station will be located right where the Viper is right now. The train will head out toward the Southern Star Amphitheater and turn left heading straight for the bottom of the first drop of GASM.

The lift will be about 240 feet and will drop down toward the GASM drop and right to the right of the Sky Coaster Support.

Then, the ride will go up about 190 feet over the GASM (making it look really small). The train will hit a huge hammerhead element and then hit another huge bunny hop. After this, there will be a brake run about 100 feet in the air right near the structure of the GASM ending.

The ride will head back through a series of bunny hops and a serious helix back near the station.

Now, this is only a rumor that I have heard, but I think that it has a serious chance of becoming true!

This make a little more sense. I think whatever they build it is going to be big. I think dwarfing GASM is gonna be a great idea.

KoasterKing
08-19-2001, 10:25 PM
why would they get a new coaster right after Deja Vu?

dakevsta
08-19-2001, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by KoasterKing
why would they get a new coaster right after Deja Vu? To attract even more guests!!! SFOG is one of 3 SF parks that actually made its capita(is that the word im looking for??) this season....Why not make even more????

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
08-19-2001, 10:58 PM
Because Atlanta is the largest city in the southeast. Atlanta is one city many travel through while going south. If someone sees an advertisement for SFoG and trafiic is heavy (which in ATlanta is normal) they might head out that way and relax for a while.

slipknot8527
08-19-2001, 11:21 PM
Ohhhh yes. This all souns very doable. I used to be ashamed of SFOG, now Im so proud of our little booming park! Only 7 more months till next year!

slipknot8527
08-19-2001, 11:23 PM
Oh yah, forgot to mention, how can you tell the pic is that old? If the Ga. Scorcher was nuilt, you still couldnt see it in the pic! Its on the other side of the park. It has to be between 1996-2000 cuz it has the viper, but no go kart track.

GAcoasterguy
08-20-2001, 12:43 PM
It makes a lot of sense that SF is spending a lot of money on SFOG. The partnership that owns the park (it's not really owned by Six Flags Corporation) sued Time Warner from when they owned the park for not spending enough money on new rides. They claimed TW was trying to drive the price of the park down so they could buy it cheap and own the whole thing. The new Six Flags (Premiere) probably wants to make sure they don't get sued for the same reason. That's why they spent so much last year on SFOT and SFOG (the two parks they don't really own, but have their name on). SFOT will probably also get another big investment as well!

T-Wolf
08-20-2001, 01:10 PM
Time Warner who managed the park got sued by the previous owners/nvestors of the park. It was aledged that they were purposely neglecting the park to devalue the park so they could buy it.
The previous owners were awarded the settlement.
That money would not go to improving SFOG. It would got to the previous owners/investors.
The park is now owned by SF so they could not get sued by previous owners.

However I have said that if SF were to improve this park it would be a wise choice due to lack of competition in the area and the size of Alanta.

intamin101
08-20-2001, 03:10 PM
Yes, I totally agree with that. It would be a very wise decision to build something that will bring guests back after the disapointment of Deja Vu not opening. Plus, SFMM got 4 coasters in one year, so I think that SFOG could get open more next year.

edh101985
08-20-2001, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by slipknot8527
Oh yah, forgot to mention, how can you tell the pic is that old? If the Ga. Scorcher was nuilt, you still couldnt see it in the pic! Its on the other side of the park. It has to be between 1996-2000 cuz it has the viper, but no go kart track.

I went to that website and looked at the whole park. I also looked for my house on that website and it wasnt even built yet. I moved to GA about 3 1/2 to 4 years ago.

NitroExplodes
08-20-2001, 04:11 PM
A hyper sounds very reasonable. I hope it is a B&M hyper

GAcoasterguy
08-20-2001, 04:27 PM
SF is not the owner of SFOG...according to their corporate earnings report SFOT and SFOG are still partnership parks:

Approximately $75,000,000 of the net proceeds of the Senior Discount Notes were invested in restricted-use securities, until April 1, 2003, to provide funds to pay certain of Six Flags' obligations to the limited partners of Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Over Texas (the "Partnership Parks").

person who loves coasters
08-20-2001, 06:20 PM
Cool, i hope its true!!! i have family in atlanta so i could go. YIPEE!

Hulk
08-20-2001, 06:34 PM
I hope they get 1! and also BGT

CoasterFreakMan
08-20-2001, 09:30 PM
Deja Vu will be opening this season!! This is the best news of the day! I will be there for the first train! SATURDAY BABY!

See yas guys there!

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
08-20-2001, 10:57 PM
Well I wish they would go ahead and announce what they are getting because I am being driven crazy with suspense. I hope it is a B&M hyper and a little bird tells me that is what it is going to be. Looping Poster