PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my signature

Diamond Stud
08-10-2001, 11:59 PM
Well, time for something serious. I have my signature filled out in my profile, and the signature button is clicked at the bottom of the screen, but it's not showing up when I post. Is this a glitch or punishment for something?

Tom Zeliff
08-11-2001, 08:36 AM
It's gotta be a glitch. We're only seeing one line right now. Keep trying to change it and see if it eventually works out.

-Tom

I love DW
11-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Ok instead of starting a new thread I am going to post my problem here.

I have been trying to change my signature but it will not let me. It keeps giving me the message "1. Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s)." Well I have four and and still will not let me preview or save my signature. Then when I try to reduce it to two lines it says the same thing.

Can someone please help me.

Brian F
11-28-2006, 01:37 AM
I just looked, and what you have entered is what I'm seeing. Will it not let you enter something else?

I love DW
11-28-2006, 08:19 AM
^No it will not let me enter anything else. And when I go to it when I hit save from what I already have it still says it is too long but it's not because it's the same exact thing I have up now.

Wes
11-28-2006, 08:54 AM
^ The way your sig looks right now it is 4 lines.

You have your first two lines of text and then a blank line, then the 4th. If you try to add a 5th it won't let you.

Try going to the end of "year!" and hit delete and delete out that blank line.

I love DW
11-28-2006, 07:47 PM
^I just tried that and again it tells me
"1. Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s)."

And it will only let me have one line, it won't even let me have two.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Wes
11-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Try removing your snowie smilies and see if it works then. It may be that it's making it 4 lines now because of the spacing.

I love DW
11-28-2006, 08:47 PM
I tried to but when I hit preview or save it still says the same thing.

Steven
11-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Post your signature in here, formatting included, so I can take a look at it. There are other restrictions, such as the number of images, the number of characters, etc. When you start formatting, it adds to that character count.

I love DW
11-29-2006, 08:08 PM
^I'm not exactly sure how to post with the format included. But it can't be that I have too much because when I type "Dollywood" in the default font and size and in black it still says
1. Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s).And the word Dollywood doesn't even take up one full line.

But I will post my signature with formatting, that is if someone tells me how to.

Cuddy
11-29-2006, 09:10 PM
^That's with all the tags in it. This (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/misc.php?do=bbcode) explains how to do it.

Katie
11-29-2006, 09:10 PM
He means post copy and paste the entire signature into the post exactly how you have it typed now.

I love DW
11-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Is this what you are talking about with the formating? Or is it something else that you wanted me to do to show you the formatting?

:*) Come Home For A Smoky Mountain Christmas at Dollywood (Nov. 4 - Dec. 30):*)
With More Than 3.5 Million Lights It Will be Sure To Light Up Your Holidays This Year!

Mystery Mine Opening April 2007! (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=39015&page=35)

Also why is it that I can copy and paste on Thrillnetwork when I use Internet Explorer but not firefox?

Ben James Ben
11-30-2006, 01:12 PM
The bbcode page suggests that if you enclose the entire thing within tags, we would then be able to see the exact bbcode that you are using in your signature.

Steven
11-30-2006, 06:18 PM
I mean the signature you're trying to change it to, not the one that you're using now.

Also, Try CTRL+C (copy) and CTRL+V (paste)... works good. Right clicking also works.

I love DW
11-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Alright here it is:

[SIZE=2]
:*)
[COLOR=Red]Come Home For A Smoky Mountain Christmas at Dollywood (Nov. 4 - Dec. 30):*)
[COLOR=DarkGreen]With More Than 3.5 Million Lights It Will be Sure To Light Up Your Holidays This Year!

[SIZE=1][FONT=Fixedsys]Mystery Mine Opening April 2007!

Is that what you mean?

But that can't be it because like I said before it tells me the word Dollywood itself is to long.

Edit: Now it will allow what I have now but nothing else.

Ben James Ben
11-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Maybe you could be entering improperly formatted bbcode tags, and that might be causing the problems? I note that the signature you posted included the following invalid tags: [b/] and [center/]. It makes me wonder whether you properly closed all of the other tags, causing the formatting to become unbalanced. It's difficult to tell, without knowing exactly what text you are entering in the form.

Perhaps you might want to try clearing your signature entirely, starting with a blank slate, and adding each element one at a time until you find the cause of the problem?

Steven
11-30-2006, 08:46 PM
...what Ben said.

EDIT: I found a bunch of junk (needless) BBCode in your signature. I cleaned it out for you, so that might help quite a bit. I got your intended signature to work.

As a note, to make sure you don't have further problems with BBCode, there is a button at the top right of the text editor that switches between Raw BBCode and the formatted stuff. (This is if you are using the WYSIWYG text editor).

It looks like this...

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/images/editor/switchmode.gif

I love DW
12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
^Alright now I understand what you are talking about. Now I have the signature that I want.

Thanks!!!