<BR>2.Stevie Ray Vaughn
<BR>3.Jimmy Page
<BR>4.Kirk Hammet
<BR>5.Eddie Van Halen
<BR>6.Saul "Slash" Hudson
<BR>7.Tony Iommi(sp?)
<BR>8.Eric Clapton
<BR>9. Steve Vai
<BR>10.Ricky Rocket??(who ever was the guitarst for Ozzy's band was before he was killed in a plane crash.)

Tyler Eaves
05-12-2001, 09:22 PM
Great Picks!
<BR>
<BR>Here are mine
<BR>
<BR>1. Jimi (Of course!)
<BR>2. Chuck Berry (Where it all began!)
<BR>3. Jimmy Page
<BR>4. Angus Young (AC/DC)
<BR>5. SRV
<BR>6. Jerry Garcia
<BR>7. Eric Clapton
<BR>8. Eddie Van Halen
<BR>9. Albert King
<BR>10. Santana

alpengeistlover
05-13-2001, 05:45 PM
Id agree with you but what about Tom Marello (sp) of Rage against Machine?

Thrillman
05-14-2001, 12:45 PM
Randy Rhoads was the guitarist for Ozzy.
<BR>
<BR>i would agree with the picks from the first post, but put Eddie VH ahead of Hammet and put Eric Johnson tied with EVH.

Des West
05-14-2001, 12:50 PM
Neil Young!!!!!

CoasterMike
05-14-2001, 03:34 PM
1. Jimi Hendrix
<BR>2. Stevie Ray Vaughn
<BR>3. Kirk Hammet
<BR>4. Jimmy Page
<BR>5. Eric Clapton
<BR>6. Randy Rhoads
<BR>7. Eddie Van Halen
<BR>8. Angus Young
<BR>9. Tony Iommi
<BR>10. John Fruiscente (sp)

Jim Payne
05-15-2001, 08:00 PM
Steve Maynard Clark (RIP)

The Beast
05-15-2001, 09:57 PM
Where's Kurt Kobaine on your lists?

B&MAaron
05-16-2001, 03:40 PM
As much as I love Kurt Cobain(RIP) he wasn't really that great of a guitarst, but a song writer and voice of a generation. If you ever learn Nirvana songs on the guitar you'll know that it's mostly bar chords.

skinny_guy
05-16-2001, 08:09 PM
1. Michael McCreedy
<BR>2. Stone Gossard
<BR>3. Neil Zaza
<BR>4. The Edge
<BR>5. Jimi Hendrix
<BR>6. Guitarist from RHCP
<BR>7. Stefan Scherperel
<BR>8. Guitarist from Foo Fighters
<BR>9. Matt Watrous
<BR>10. Santana

Flix
05-17-2001, 11:25 AM
Eric Clapton?
<BR>Mark Knopfler?
<BR>Santana?
<BR>Chris Rea?
<BR>there is a lot that are great...but some sound great cos they have a good backing band!
<BR>

B&MAaron
05-17-2001, 06:25 PM
skinny_guy, The edge? The guitarist from Foo Fighters(Dave Grohl)? These guys aren't that great guitarist. I also don't know who many of these people are.

skinny_guy
05-17-2001, 10:02 PM
The reason why you don't recognize some of those guitarists is because they are guys that I know personally who I think are WAY better than most of the popular guitarists that have been listed above. And I wasn't talking about Dave Grohl, he is a woman, I was talking about their actual guitarist they have who doesn't sing. And yes, I think that The Edge is a great guitarist. C'mon people, aren't I entitled to my own opinion? Oh yeah, and sorry, I forgot Eric Clapton, I was meaning to stick him on there but for some reason I forgot to...oops.

Nitro2001
05-18-2001, 04:04 PM
Wheres Curt Cobain, Billy Joe Armstrong, Elvis & Billy Corgan?

B&MAaron
05-18-2001, 05:54 PM
Nitro, I already explained about KURT Cobain
<BR>and Billie Joe is the same way just not even as good. As for Elvis and Billy Corgan, do you just pluck random people who you've seen with guitars in their hands and put them down cuz both Elvis and Billy Corgan rarley ever play. Any Elvis songs that have any good guitar was not done by him,but his personal guitarist who was inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame this year. As for Billy Corgan, I've seen him play guitar once and if he was any good he would play more often. Besides when he does play he is the rythm guitarst not even the lead.

Skyboss
05-20-2001, 12:58 AM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-05-15 21:57, The Beast wrote:
<BR>Where's Kurt Kobaine on your lists?
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>He's dead, along with the rest of the grunge scene. Cobcain as a guitarist was less than average.<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skyboss on 2001-05-20 00:59 ]</font>

Halation
06-02-2001, 01:29 PM
JIMI was unreal. Never be anyone like him.
<BR>You all have probably never heard of him, but Kevin Sheids from My Bloody Valentine, who makes the guitar sound unearthly, and beautiful. He doesn't do wanking soloing, more about textures, white noise, wall of sound kind of thing.

JD
06-02-2001, 01:52 PM
I like your lists, but I think George Harrison from the Beatles should be on them IMHO. Also, Brian May from Queen was an awesome guitarist, and I don't think he get the recognition he deserves.

B&MAaron
06-02-2001, 05:30 PM
I agree with Brain May, but geroge harrison wasnt that good only got attention because he was wuth the beetles.

danp212
06-03-2001, 02:08 PM
Not quite guitar but I think Jaco Pastorius was the best musician who ever lived. His way of thinking and articulating music was that no one might ever have agian. Does anyone even listen to Jaco anymore? I think I am obsessed.

B&MAaron
06-03-2001, 04:43 PM
I dont know who he is,but the way you descirbe him he sounds like a Frank Zappa. A complete musical visionary.

Tyler Eaves
06-03-2001, 08:14 PM
Jaco Pastorius was probably the greatest bass player of all time. He played a hand modified fretless bass, that allowed him to do infinite slides and all sorts of fun stuff. He cut his teeth with Weather Report, a progressive Jazz group that did some very cool stuff, and struck out on his own in the early 80's. Sadly he dieded in the early '90s as a penniless cocaine addict.
<BR>

danp212
06-03-2001, 08:31 PM
Very well said. If you dont know of him download some of his songs or get an album. If your into jazz/ fusion YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED!

coasterqueen
06-03-2001, 08:32 PM
[quote]
<BR>On 2001-05-12 21:00, B&MAaron wrote:
<BR>"This is my list of best gutarist of all time
<BR>1.Jimi Hendrix
<BR>2.Stevie Ray Vaughn
<BR>3.Jimmy Page
<BR>4.Kirk Hammet
<BR>5.Eddie Van Halen
<BR>6.Saul "Slash" Hudson
<BR>7.Tony Iommi(sp?)
<BR>8.Eric Clapton
<BR>9. Steve Vai
<BR>10.Ricky Rocket??(who ever was the guitarst for Ozzy's band was before he was killed in a plane crash.)"
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>That would be Randy Rhodes. Ricki Rockett is the drummer for Poison.
<BR>
<BR>Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Steve Vai, Eddie Van Halen, Kenny Wayne Sheppard are some of my faves.
<BR>
<BR>Tina N.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

MForceRocks!
06-03-2001, 08:49 PM
Joe Satriani
<BR>Dick Dale
<BR>Pete Townsend

coasterqueen
06-03-2001, 08:51 PM
Not to get off the coaster subject, but I feel like I have to reply since rock and roll is next in line to my Coaster addiction...First of all, I liked Nirvana, I really liked their studio albums, I saw them live shortly before Kurt killed himself, which they were less than professional.
<BR>Kurt Cobain was not "the voice of a generation" That was only a phrase that was created by the media at that time who cashed in on the whole "seattle, flannel shirt, slacker" stereotype that was going on in the early 90's.
<BR>Kurt Cobain was just a guy who got lucky who couldn't handle the fame, and chickened out of life my killing himself, leaving his daughter without a father.
<BR>He was no God, no legend, he was just an everyday garage band kid with a dream who couldn't handle the heat.
<BR>Don't believe everything you see on TV kids. The whole "my life sucks and the world sucks" mentallity is so early 90's.
<BR>Now.......back to coasters......what is it with those Mean Streak brakes????
<BR>
<BR>Tina N.
<BR>
<BR>By the way, Elvis was not a musician, but more of a singer and entertainer. You have to admit he unintentionally started the whole "rock and roll is the devil's music" ignorance that still rears it's ugly head today.
<BR>

B&MAaron
06-03-2001, 09:47 PM
Do you like or dislike Kurt Cobain? I can't tell. He was a voice of a generation a depressed one. Of course these depressed and "live sucks and I'm going to kill myself" people turned out to be one of the most successful generations of all time. The media thought they were useless and would never amount to anything, but now many of them are million and billionaires. The Grunge era was a great one because it was honest. There was no glam rock, no lip synching, just pure rock. No band today compares to Nirvana, Pearl Jam, or Soundgraden(maybe Alice in Chains though).

RollerCoasterer
06-03-2001, 09:48 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2001-05-13 17:45, alpengeistlover wrote:
<BR>Id agree with you but what about Tom Marello (sp) of Rage against Machine?
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>My thought exactly

scaredbutloveit
06-21-2001, 11:38 AM
Mark Knopfler
<BR>Carlos Santana
<BR>Andy Summers

MIKEska22
06-21-2001, 11:53 AM
Eric Melvin of NOFX is my fav., hes got enough cheesey ska beats, hard and fast punk beats, and even alot of professional sounding (as in sell out band like you guys like(no offense)) solos to hold his own. Also his little chime ins lyrically give the band an awsome sound.

Extreme Pearl Jam Fan
06-21-2001, 01:41 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>Id agree with you but what about Tom Marello (sp) of Rage against Machine?
<BR>
<BR>Morello isn't anything special.
<BR>
<BR>My favorites:
<BR>Mike McCready
<BR>Stone Gossard
<BR>Kim Thayil
<BR>Jerry Cantrell
<BR>Joe Satriani
<BR>Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
<BR>
<BR>-Jagger

Andy Rathe
06-21-2001, 02:22 PM
Joe Satriani, Angus Young and Slash would be my top 3, in no particular order.

Kid Koala
06-21-2001, 03:24 PM
My two favorite are:
<BR>1) Jimi Hendrix
<BR>2) Tom Morello

CoasterWarriorsWife
06-21-2001, 08:52 PM
1. Lindsey Buckingham
<BR>2. Angus Young

Jim Payne
06-22-2001, 10:51 AM
<BR>On 2001-06-03 21:47, B&MAaron wrote:
<BR>Do you like or dislike Kurt Cobain? I can't tell. He was a voice of a generation a depressed one. Of course these depressed and "live sucks and I'm going to kill myself" people turned out to be one of the most successful generations of all time. The media thought they were useless and would never amount to anything, but now many of them are million and billionaires. The Grunge era was a great one because it was honest. There was no glam rock, no lip synching, just pure rock. No band today compares to Nirvana, Pearl Jam, or Soundgraden(maybe Alice in Chains though).
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>The million and billionares are from the 80's, people in their low 30's today who listen to Def Leppard, Van Halen etc.... The 90's gang has yet to show anything. We'll see in about 3 more years. So far, I haven't seen squat. Now back to our regularly scheduled post:
<BR>
<BR>Angus Young - AC/DC
<BR>Eddie Van Halen
<BR>Steve Clark - Def Leppard (Aren't the same without him)
<BR>Jo Satriani
<BR>Hendrix - Of Course
<BR>Phil Collen - Def Leppard/Cybernaughts
<BR>Brian May
<BR>Slash
<BR>Art Garfunkel
<BR>Pete Townsend
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>ThrillRide! Forum Moderator
<BR><BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jim Payne on 2001-06-22 10:59 ]</font>

B&MAaron
06-22-2001, 11:05 AM
Most of the grunge fans who were said to be of no value were between the ages of 16 and 22 or 23, which would make them mid 20's to very early 30's. Don't forget grunge started in late '91 and '92.

trock476
06-22-2001, 11:59 AM
1. Jimi
<BR>2. Guy from the Allman Brothers
<BR>3. Jim Page
<BR>4. Peter Frampton
<BR>5. Tom Morello
<BR>6. Randy Rhodes
<BR>7. Edge
<BR>8. -
<BR>9. -
<BR>10. Mark Tremonti

Extreme Pearl Jam Fan
06-22-2001, 04:19 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>Don't forget grunge started in late '91 and '92.
<BR>
<BR>No.

B&MAaron
06-22-2001, 04:49 PM
If your such a big Pearl Jam fan u should know that Ten came out in 1991 and Nirvana's Nevermind came out in late '91 also. Grunge ended in 1994 when Kurt died, any Pearl Jam fan should know this.

Ben Keller
06-24-2001, 05:10 PM
Kurt Cobain,Billy Joe from Greenday,Billy Corgan,and my Uncle.

B&MAaron
06-24-2001, 07:27 PM
For the last time Billy Joe,Kurt Cobain, and Billy Corgan arent that great of guitarst.

Ben Keller
06-24-2001, 07:30 PM
For the first time your wrong.

B&MAaron
06-24-2001, 07:34 PM
How are they that great. I actually like them as singers and song writers, but Cobain and and Billy Joe mostly play bar chords or really simple stuff. Corgan plays rhythm on very few of the Smashing Pumpkins songs. How are they that great?

Ben Keller
06-24-2001, 07:38 PM
Cause they are.

B&MAaron
06-24-2001, 07:41 PM
Do u even know what a bar chord is? Its the first thing you learn when you start playin guitar. I agree that they are great singers and song writers, Nirvana and Green Day are two of my favorite bands, so lets just leave it at that.

Andy Rathe
12-23-2001, 08:29 AM
Moving to Polls.

R@ptor
12-23-2001, 08:42 AM
1. Kirk Hammet
2. Angus Young
3. Slash
4. Tony Iommi
5. Eddie van Halen
6. Adrian Smith
7. Dave Murray
8. Jannick Gers
9. Jeff Hanneman
10. Randy Rhoads

slipknot8527
12-23-2001, 10:24 AM
We are neglecting the new guys that are amazing as well.

Wes Borland is one of the most amazing guitarists I've ever seen! I can't stand Limp Bizkit but I am thoroughly impressed.

Wheres your Tom Morello, or Head, Les Claypool, or Spag? Can't forget about the new guys!

Marcus
12-23-2001, 02:10 PM
1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Wes Borland
3. David Murray
4. Jimmy Page
5. Tony Iommi
6. Randy Rhoads
7. John Fruiscente
8. Angus Young
9. Eric Clapton
10. Eddie Van Halen