PDA

View Full Version : 4D coming to Cp for 03

Ron Toomer
08-12-2001, 05:53 PM
It's rumored that Arrow visited Cp last month to survey 2 different plots of land for a 4D and or a new version of a shuttle coaster. The two areas are: the corkscrew/Iron Dragon area and the other is by D.T.

Siaye
08-12-2001, 08:22 PM
Is Ron Toomer your real name? :)

MForce2k
08-12-2001, 10:00 PM
well, if I had to choose betweenthose rides, I vote off Disastor Transport, followed by iron Dragon. But I hate to see any of them go! A 4-D would be sweet at CP though, hmm.....

Raptor
08-12-2001, 10:38 PM
Why would they decide to put a 4D in already? The only one in existance isn't even open yet, they don't know how popular it will be

cedar_point_lover
08-13-2001, 12:06 AM
and just because someone from arrow came to survey the land does that really mean they are getting a 4d. I dont think so.

HisDougness
08-13-2001, 12:21 AM
People keep saying that CP needs a good sit-down looper... Arrow could have been there to survey land for a possible new generation mega-looper. Just a guess.

birdie311
08-13-2001, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Raptor
Why would they decide to put a 4D in already? The only one in existance isn't even open yet, they don't know how popular it will be

Not to be mean, but even on this site, it's obvious X will be a huge hit.

cedar_point_lover
08-13-2001, 01:41 AM
but how do we know if it will be fun. Its never been done before.

Smoky
08-13-2001, 02:43 AM
They're surveying land for the new Scamper ride (Mad Mouse, will be the world's tallest mad-mouse), which will be located next to Disaster Transport to help build up the traffic there. ;)

CPFan
08-13-2001, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Smoky
They're surveying land for the new Scamper ride (Mad Mouse, will be the world's tallest mad-mouse), which will be located next to Disaster Transport to help build up the traffic there. ;)

How would you know? Anyways, this would be cool, I think the Wildcat is fun, so this so called "scamper" sounds cool.

cgodsey
08-13-2001, 01:23 PM
I am guessing it will be one of their new ArrowBATic designs with inversions and possibly 200ft high... They are a small footprint and can be built virtually anywhere...

T-Wolf
08-13-2001, 03:10 PM
When is the last time that arrow built a shuttle coaster?????

I think that CP will probably get a 4D in the future but I do not think too soon.

This is more than likely for a wild mouse or an arrowbattic model.

But then again CP wants high capacity rides and neither of these are that.

Of course my answer to Low Capacity Rides......
Dueling/Racing Rides.

cgodsey
08-13-2001, 09:50 PM
T-Wolf..

I think they have a good chance of getting both..

-a dueling/racing woodie
-an ArrowBATic prototype around 200ft with inversions...

I would say the woodie is about a 99% chance and the ArrowBATic or Mad Mouse about 75%.

Yes, the arrow rides are low capacity, but by adding a high capacity one as well, it should even out. The more coasters they have to distribute their daily attendance throughout the park, the better.

NitroExplodes
08-25-2001, 03:37 PM
A mega looper could have good capacity. GASM never has a line and it is a mega looper. (no, its not because people say its rough)

birderboy
08-25-2001, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by birdie311

Not to be mean, but even on this site, it's obvious X will be a huge hit.

What if X turns out to be a huge flop? We don't know how rough it is, we don't know how much the spinning changes the ride, etc. X could turn out to be Son of Windjammer, for all we know. And it's not like Arrow doesn't make rough coasters. And you could be so disoriented by the spinning that you really don't know what's going on, which is a bad thing sometimes. This is just IMO though.

X-Treme Rider
08-25-2001, 09:36 PM
SFGAdv is getting one for 2002

beltzies64
08-27-2001, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by X-Treme Rider
SFGAdv is getting one for 2002
Um...don't think so. They just got Nitro and they have never gotten coasters in back to back years.

My sources tell me that SFWoA is on Arrow's waiting list to get one for 2003, so we will see.

raser
08-27-2001, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by MForce2k
well, if I had to choose betweenthose rides, I vote off Disastor Transport, followed by iron Dragon. But I hate to see any of them go! A 4-D would be sweet at CP though, hmm.....
DT you are the weakest link goodbye!:p

trock476
08-28-2001, 01:10 AM
well to be correct, he never said anythign about removing iron dragon, corkscrew or DT. he only said they were looking at area near those rides. BTW i think you guys are dead-on as well about soem type of wild mouse next year, i most certainly agree this looks to be what theyre gonna get.

cgodsey
08-28-2001, 10:12 AM
If you think about it, CP would want to grab Arrow's latest innovation before Six Flags does....They missed out on the 4d, I doubt they will miss out on the ArrowBATic.....Hopefully, they will be getting the extreme one..

Ex-Banshee96
08-28-2001, 10:52 AM
Ok for those not playing at home...let's review:

1) In 2002 Cedar Point is getting a coaster...that is unlike ANYTHING ANYONE has ever seen before. Given the park's pattern, they are NOT getting another coaster in 2003.

2) Officials from Arrow, Intamin, B/M, etc are always at the park surveying, taking pics, etc for numerous things. Case in point, B/M officials were at the park a few weeks ago...and CP is not getting a B/M in the next few years

3) 2002, 2003, 2004 are already planned...and no Arrows are booked.

4) CP will wait to see the reaction of the 4th D. If anything..it will come in 2006.

5) CP will not be the first park to get an ArrowBatic..they just don't do protos.

-Ex-Banshee

ACoastaking23
08-28-2001, 01:18 PM
CP should get a floorless

cedar_point_lover
08-28-2001, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by cgodsey
If you think about it, CP would want to grab Arrow's latest innovation before Six Flags does....They missed out on the 4d, I doubt they will miss out on the ArrowBATic.....Hopefully, they will be getting the extreme one..

They probably could of gotten the 4d if they wanted to but Cedar Point doesn't get completly prototype rides. They never really have. Sure MF was 300ft, but its not really a prototype.

NitroExplodes
08-28-2001, 02:08 PM
cedar point wont do it because sfmm has it and they want to take the record back. They will probably put an arrowbatic in if its proven and maybe a floorless.

HisDougness
08-29-2001, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by birderboy

What if X turns out to be a huge flop? We don't know how rough it is, we don't know how much the spinning changes the ride, etc. X could turn out to be Son of Windjammer, for all we know. And it's not like Arrow doesn't make rough coasters. And you could be so disoriented by the spinning that you really don't know what's going on, which is a bad thing sometimes. This is just IMO though.

LOL Son of Windjammer??!!! That's great. I agree though... we shouldn't make judgment on the 4D prototype until it's been ridden. It will be one of two things though... great, or well... Son of Windjammer/Barf-O-Matic. I dont think as many parks have ordered 4D as rumored.

J-Brew2001
08-30-2001, 12:48 AM
They may even come out with a prototype that isn't around yet. Their coasters seem to be much more effective than the Six Flags parks.

mojojojoe13
08-30-2001, 09:05 AM
i really can not be sure what cp is getting. An arrowbatic would be good but they are not the park for prototypes, i'm not sure about a 4D, we'll just have to see how everything plays out. if X does awesome, they might think about a 4D. otherwise they might want to get the record back with a few small things over a few years. i can't be sure.

OrlandoCoaster
08-30-2001, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by NitroExplodes
cedar point wont do it because sfmm has it and they want to take the record back. They will probably put an arrowbatic in if its proven and maybe a floorless.

OK..for those who don't know much about geography, business, and common sense, here goes.

Cedar Point is NOT...I repeat NOT in direct competition with SFMM. The parks are thousands of miles away. It's like saying your local high school foot ball team is in competition with one on the other side of the country. Think about it.

The majority of people who visit Cedar Point will NOT visit SFMM and vice versa. I HIGHLY doubt a family in Iowa is sitting there thinking.."Hmm....SFMM has more coasters than CP. That's where we go this year!" HA!

CP's competition is now SFWoA. To put in a floorless would be pointless since Batman Knight Flight is a mere 1 hour drive. Think about it: for those who have been to SFWoA and seen their Mr. Hyde's Nasty Fall, only one thing comes to mind: what is Demon Drop doing here??

Have I made myself clear? The "record" is merely a marketing tool that the PR departments use in their advertising and announcements. CP has PLENTY of things to brag about, and I seriously doubt that they the board memebers toss and turn every night waiting for the day when they get "the record" back.

Cuddy
08-31-2001, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by OrlandoCoaster

OK..for those who don't know much about geography, business, and common sense, here goes.

Cedar Point is NOT...I repeat NOT in direct competition with SFMM. The parks are thousands of miles away. It's like saying your local high school foot ball team is in competition with one on the other side of the country. Think about it.

The majority of people who visit Cedar Point will NOT visit SFMM and vice versa. I HIGHLY doubt a family in Iowa is sitting there thinking.."Hmm....SFMM has more coasters than CP. That's where we go this year!" HA!

CP's competition is now SFWoA. To put in a floorless would be pointless since Batman Knight Flight is a mere 1 hour drive. Think about it: for those who have been to SFWoA and seen their Mr. Hyde's Nasty Fall, only one thing comes to mind: what is Demon Drop doing here??

Have I made myself clear? The "record" is merely a marketing tool that the PR departments use in their advertising and announcements. CP has PLENTY of things to brag about, and I seriously doubt that they the board memebers toss and turn every night waiting for the day when they get "the record" back.

And I thought I was alone when I said CP and SFMM were not in direct competition. I don't see a 4D at CP soon. I don't know what to expect. I'd rather be surprised. But on B&M....even though they have a giga (Intamin built), couldn't it be possible for a B&M giga?? That would be my choice for 2003.

cedarpoint4ever
08-31-2001, 05:55 PM
i would not be suprised, knowing cedar point's knack for breaking records, if we saw an 11 inversion coaster in the next 3 years. realisticly though, i think that CP will get an arrowbatic next year.
we wont see another giga coaster for a long long time because they take up alot of space unless they build over water (even though the lake freezes) another very real possibility would be a a 4-D (if X goes well). u guys are also forgetting that arrow is making a virginia reel prototype which would be very cool at cedar point (though i doubt this will happen considering that CP is generally a steel park) a floorless will not happen considering that SFWoA has one. they wont build a TA2K because the capacity is so low.

also, ex banshee-where did u get that info?

CoasterCrazy
09-01-2001, 11:27 AM
There are Arrow coasters that have good capacity so it is possible that CP will be getting one of their types. It would be nice if they did get a good looper though. I guess we'll just have to see. I hope they dont pull a PKI by putting in a simulator though. Of course, TR: TR could be good.

coasterrage
09-03-2001, 06:12 PM
Personaly I think it will be something that has already been acoumpleshed like a flourless. Cedar Point hasen't been to thrilled about building "first time ever" coasters ( one exeption is MF ). So I think a 4D is out of the question along with a Hyper/Giga woody and a Hyper Wild Mouse and it probably won't be an arowbatic either.:confused:

DHollon
09-07-2001, 12:51 AM
I think CP will wait and see how many problems SFMM has with their's before they plan anything like that. CF:LP tends to lean towards the "proven" rides when it comes to capital expenditures.