PDA

View Full Version : Reliable DW Rumor

Kraken113
08-12-2001, 08:20 PM
I recently went to DW and talked to some employees and found out in Epcot they are building a floorless rollercoaster in the going to be built Russia witch will be located in the seven seas lagoon.

Yankee Cannonball
08-12-2001, 08:45 PM
At first I thought you were talking about Dollywood, and it took me a minute to figure out why Dollywood employees would be so knowledgable about Epcot...

Anyway, I doubt this. Disney has expressed that they are not into building large, scary coasters, because they are a family oriented park. B&M would also probably not want to work with Disney, since the Imagineers really take control of the entire project. In addition, employees are usually not too informed on future attractions. So, I doubt this rumor.

Raptor
08-12-2001, 10:48 PM
first of all, the seven seas lagoon isn't anywhere NEAR Epcot.. second they would NEVER build an intense ride like that in world showcase. 3rd what do flying rollercoasters have to do with russia??

TNTornado
08-13-2001, 10:12 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhh.. I see now. I got the same DW/Dollywood first imperession, too.....

cgodsey
08-13-2001, 01:25 PM
Kraken,

just FYI...

DW=Dollywood
WDW=Walt Disney World

Rider
08-13-2001, 03:36 PM
First, the Seven Seas Lagoon is the one in front of MK. Second, Disney doesn't like big coasters. Third, they never tell ops anything. Forth, What does Russia have to do with it. It is doubtful they will add any new ones soon. And they will not start with Russia.

Swimming King
08-14-2001, 12:00 PM
Well, the only ride I can see going into World Showcase is a Matterhorn with a Sitzerland pavilion. A floorless is very very unlikely.

Kraken113
08-14-2001, 06:49 PM
First of all people are asking why in Russia well lets think coasters originated in Russia. Second of all WDW has put in an extreme ride already.(ROCKIN ROLLERCOASTER). Third of all it wil happen

Kraken
08-14-2001, 09:03 PM
Actually, Disney will bot build it. They built fammily parks, but only for parts of the fammily that don't like thrillrides. and they don't even have a Russian pavilion!

Kraken113
08-15-2001, 08:41 AM
Russia will be added to the orld showcase just like another country will be added to Animal Kingdom

Rider
08-15-2001, 02:09 PM
Just like they were going to add Africa to Epcot. Just like they are going to add BK to AK.

B&M dosent like Disney. Disney dosent like showing coaster supports. Look at all their coasters. Big Thunder: Follows the ground. Space Mountian: Inside. RRC: Inside.

It will never happen. Disney dosent need hyper coasters. They currently have the most visted parks in the world. Why would they need to bother?

Kraken113
08-15-2001, 03:51 PM
Guess What B&M never had anything to do with Disney. I don't evn know where it came from. Disney has there own engeneers tom do it for them. Africa will also be built and yes russia will still have a flying coaster. I will u when it happens

Rider
08-15-2001, 04:25 PM
You said Russia is getting a floorless, not a flying.

FACT: B&M IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT BUILDS FLOORLESS COASTERS.

FACT: EVRY SINGLE DISNEY COASTER WAS DESIGNED AND BUILT BY A REAL COMAPANY. DISNEY HELPS ON THE IDEA AND THEME.

Africa will never be built. You know that drink stand in World Showcase? That is where Africa was going to go. http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID115070.asp <-- Read that.

Inferno
08-16-2001, 09:22 PM
First of all, a coaster is possible, just not in Epcot. Epcot has no coasters or thrill rides, other than Test Track. Animal Kingdom is basically just a zoo with a few good rides. There was talk about a flying for Magic Kingdom themed to villians, but that fell through. WDW does have a few thrill rides. Rockin Roller Coaster(Vekoma launched 3 inversion enclosed coaster) and Tower of Terror(enclosed haunted house/drop ride), both of which are in Disney (MGM) Studios. So, if they do get another coaster anytime soon, I would bet on a Vekoma Flying Dutchman in Disney Studios, because that is what they had originally planned for Magic Kingdom. If Disney Studios does not get a coaster, they will probably get a water ride, the 3 other parks in the Florida complex have them.

adude
08-17-2001, 03:13 AM
ill tell ya what coasters have to do with russia thats where it all started with ice slides

Rider
08-17-2001, 02:20 PM
I think they will get a coaster for AK. It is just what the park needs. They built it to compete with BGT, and BGT has coasters.

Just because no other parks have big coasters (MK has 2 smaller ones) dosent mean they can never have any.

They need (and know) that they have to spread things out, or people will just go to one park.

DannyBoy
08-17-2001, 08:15 PM
I highly doubt that a floorless will be built in epcot. The employees at disney just like to screw with the guests and tell them about a bunch of stuff that will never happen.

Chairman Clench
08-25-2001, 05:58 PM
There isn't a chance in you know where of this happening. The current management at Disney will NOT spend enough money to build anything like a mega-coaster.

The person who said Disney won't show supports isn't entirely correct, but to show supports, they have to be themed. Examples: California Screamin' at DCA and the new Wild Mouse coasters going into DAK.

Here is a complete list of everything that is possibly upcoming at WDW:

Mission:SPACE - CONFIRMED - 2003 - Epcot

DINO-RAMA (Dumbo ride and a pair of revolving wild mouse coasters- CONFIRMED - 2001/2002 - DAK

Sports-themed water park - LIKELY RUMOR - 2004/2005

Beastly Kingdom (small tame kiddie coaster and water ride)- RUMOR- 2005/2006 - DAK

Australia (Animal exhibits) - RUMOR - Unknown date - DAK

Soarin' Over Serengeti (Clone of Soarin' over California with a new ride film) - LIKELY RUMOR (Unless one is built at Epcot)- 2005 - DAK

Land, Sea, and Air (Combination of the Land, Living Seas, and a new AIR pavilion with a Soarin' clone and a new ridefilm) - RUMOR (Unless one is built at DAK)- 2005 - Epcot

Matterhorn (Pavilion and tame kiddie-type coaster) - RUMOR - 2005/2006 - Epcot

Villians Water Coaster - RUMOR - 2005/2006 - MK

Villians dark ride (replaces GMR at DMS) - UNLIKELY RUMOR - 2005 - DMS

New shops - CONFIRMED - every year - everywhere :-)

That is the short list of anything that is likely in the next 5 or so years. Mega coasters just aren't gonna happen. Again, Disney is really, really, really cheap nowadays, so even the stuff I mentioned above is not all that likely.

X-Treme Rider
08-25-2001, 09:28 PM
six flags great adventure has the worlds first floorless coaster. Medusa.