PDA

View Full Version : Dumb COmmercials

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
08-12-2001, 09:23 PM
I am wondering what is the dumbest commercial you have ever seen?
-Quilted Northern The commercial with the lint brush I consider 100% pointless. Does it matter if they get a little lint on them? I mean if they take baths wouldn't the lint get washed off.

The_Evil_Tediz
08-12-2001, 09:26 PM
I don't like any wall street journal commercial. they are so stupid and pointless.

mrk468zz
08-12-2001, 09:26 PM
i think most all advertising-related commercials suck, becuase in 30 seconds you can't help but resort to insulting stereotypes to sell goods/services.

SFGadvKing
08-12-2001, 09:46 PM
i hate the gieko(sp?) commercials who gets the car insurence and the lizard mixed up?!?!?!?!

beltzies64
08-12-2001, 10:00 PM
"I am a gecko, not Geico!" I hate that commercial too, they play it way too often!

CoolCoasterKid
08-12-2001, 10:06 PM
The Nitro commercial! hehe jk :)

That quilted Northern one is so stupid! I think they have a new one, which is also dumb...Then again, it's so dumb it helps you remember the company, which is their goal.

CoolCoasterKid
08-12-2001, 10:21 PM
Thought of another one...the Staples commercial where the dad brings the kid in and is dancing all over the place, while the kids look pissed off. It's funny the first time you see it, but then they played it to death, so now it annoys me.

birderboy
08-12-2001, 11:18 PM
All these commercials for cell phones and telephone companies in general. Very few of us don't have a telephone, we DON't need those commercials. Some of us don't have a cell phone yet, but EVERY commercial for a cell phone promises the EXACT same things. Stuff about crystal clear calls, stuff about minutes, stuff about rolling, stuff about whatever. Those are really annoying.

antfarm007
08-13-2001, 04:05 PM
Te one that used to go when the lady asks "Do you have a cellular phone?" and some rich guy goes "why yes, do hurry up with your call though" and then the lady goes "well, so do I ahhahahahaha"

DeKalb
08-13-2001, 05:12 PM
The car dealer commercials and the amateur commercials. Amateur commercials are actually kinda funny, everyone with the fake smile...and one here even has a really bad singer doing the slogan. But they advertise cars and car dealerships wayy too much!

skinny_guy
08-13-2001, 09:31 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Money Tree commercials. Does any one else get those? Those SUCK! I hate that stupid caterpillar, he is so annoying. Talk about the weakest advertising campaign in the world.

I also thought that the Taco Bell dog was funny for the first two or three of the ads he was in, and then that got old fast.

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
08-14-2001, 01:02 AM
I overheard another commercial I think is awful TWO WORDS ......MS. CLEO This has to be the worst one. (why did I not think of this at first?) I wish they would take her off.

Swimming King
08-14-2001, 10:26 AM
All the commercials for Bryers(sp?) Dreamery Ice Cream. I hate the whole "pig out on ice cream while making abnoxiuos noises" approach.

Cycovisions3
08-14-2001, 01:58 PM
I hate those Anti-Tobbaco Ads. I mean we all know tobbaco kills people but must they keep telling us that 24 hours a day. During the whole commerical all they do is bash the tobbaco company, what a waste.

Swimming King
08-14-2001, 03:11 PM
I think they NEED to be pounding the fact that smoking is bad into our heads 24 hours a day because people still start smoking. Once they stop, the ads can stop but, they need the ads IMO.

squeemu
08-14-2001, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Cycovisions3
I hate those Anti-Tobbaco Ads. I mean we all know tobbaco kills people but must they keep telling us that 24 hours a day. During the whole commerical all they do is bash the tobbaco company, what a waste.

Did you know most of those commercials are put out BY the tobacco company? I think they have to, by law, put out anti-smoking commercials. I find it quite funny, actually, as I am very against smoking. It's hilarious that the tobacco company has to put out anti-them commercials! :)

visionlandlover
08-14-2001, 03:34 PM
SFOG's commercial-that song was just annoying!
VisionLand-Since when does Rampage have a steel structure?
Geiko-"Ah Mr. Geko, you want to change your name because people get you confused with Geiko, who can save you up to 15% off auto insurence(who talks like that in real life)What would you like to change it to?"
Geko:"Komodo Dragon please!"(licks his eye)

cedarpoint4ever
01-01-2002, 08:40 PM
i agree visionlandlover, i hate those geiko commercials. why does the gecko have a british accent?????????

Jokercoaster
01-01-2002, 09:58 PM
The Ms. Cleo commercials

TXCoasterGuy1
01-01-2002, 10:21 PM
actually the tobacco comapnies never go anti-smoking, they just go anti-somoking for kids.

Billycool120
01-01-2002, 10:29 PM
We have two very bad local commercials one is for Appliance direct 'the worlds largest appliance showroom' and scratch and Dent world. Basicly the commercial has some guy yelling the same thing over and over and over and over until you want to grab a brick and chuck it at the TV screen

1984 v. 2.5
01-02-2002, 03:16 PM
I too hate those Geico commercials with the stupid Gecko and Geico crap. It's not the least bit funny and they play it all the time.

CPFan2005
01-02-2002, 07:09 PM
I hate the Oral B commercial that goes something like:
"Did I ever tell you I worship each and every one of your...bicuspids?"
"You have a mouth so free of plaque, it makes me weak in the knees!"
Then an announcer babbles about Oral B's super toothbrushes.
"Oh Gerald, you have the gums of a GOD!"
Then they kiss.

Also, the Concorde commercial- "How did I get the name Savannah?"
"Well, that's where you were concieved."
"How did she get the name Concorde, then?"
The girl looks down and realizes she's sitting in a Concorde.
(Announcer babbles, then says) "Some just like it's roomier interior."
The mom then says "Concorde...Massachusetts, silly!"

And- the lowfat frozen foods "Simply (something)" where the guy wails "Lady in RED"

TITAN GIRL
01-03-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
I overheard another commercial I think is awful TWO WORDS ......MS. CLEO This has to be the worst one. (why did I not think of this at first?) I wish they would take her off.

Yup- she is one of the worst! Oh and a word to the wise- NEVER go to her site- I did that one day and I get like 2 emails a day saying she has good news for me!:rolleyes: Can you say BLOCK!!
ANYWAYS~ the commercial I hate is the TEMPO WIPES commercial! BLAH it is so stupid!!!

Hector
01-03-2002, 03:59 AM
I think all Comercials are stupid but some of the ones mentioned take the cake. The king has to be from a local dealership that parodies popular movies that are out now, they are SO stupid I just want to go to the dealership and kick the guy. Some movies are Austin Powers 2, Gladiator, some Western, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, and some other ones I can't remember right now.

CoasterKid23
01-03-2002, 03:18 PM
I think the ratio of good to bad commercials is like, 1 to 50! Especially by the number of times they show them! They have a commercial here where they have some gay music with intervals of the words "Sale Now" and at the end, it gives the address of a furniture store. And commercial breaks are so long! 10 minutes of a show, and then 5 minutes of a commercial! I hate it!

chilled
01-03-2002, 05:20 PM
i hate miss cleo commercials and anti smkong ones..i dont smoke its just that let a kid do wut every they wanna do

CoasterDude2001RB
01-03-2002, 05:45 PM
the commercials that fox airs with the fat guy... those are SO stupid!

intamin101
01-03-2002, 06:14 PM
I don't like the Bankrupcy Info commercials. They are so dumb and so boring. Blah Blah, blahblahblahblah, Blah Blah

Graham
01-03-2002, 06:34 PM
I hate the Geico Commercials.:rolleyes:

James
01-03-2002, 07:36 PM
most baby adds r dumb and soom car adds

Marcus
01-03-2002, 11:01 PM
Anything from Truth
Go ahead and tell us but the real thing is
I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!
Im not going to stop smoking or chewing tobacco because of you so just stop!!!

chilled
01-04-2002, 08:43 PM
i also hate the ones that u see when u stay home on a school day and they are on during jerry springer and there always like ahve u been injured the nu need a LAWYER

RagingBull#1
01-04-2002, 10:41 PM
those stupid lexus commercials where the girl gets one for christmas. i wish she would have fallen on the ice and broke her head when she went outside to see it

Kyle L
01-05-2002, 12:16 AM
ANY infomerical, and especially those stupid 10-10-2-20 (howd i remember it?) ITS STUPID, yea, you can get bufallo wings on her if you learn to use 10-10-2-20, yea, great advertisement.