PDA

View Full Version : School Restarting

1984 v. 2.5
08-12-2001, 09:55 PM
Now, I know you guys probably don't want to talk about this since you're still on summer vacation.

But as of tomorrow, 7:15 A.M., I'm Not!

Yes that's right, I start high school tomorrow, August 14. Unbelievable! Anyway, I was wondering, when do you guys go back to school and what's your school like and stuff!

beltzies64
08-12-2001, 10:01 PM
I don't go back until August 29th. When did you get out of school, because right now is very early to be going back!

CoolCoasterKid
08-12-2001, 10:01 PM
When do I go back? I don't know, and I don't want to know :)

I actually don't know. It could be as early as Sept. 1 or as late as Sept 9. But I'm definitely not looking forward to it...

It's not really the school that's bad, it's just that I'm not enthusiastic about geting homework and projects again. Plus I'm not sure about the teachers, though most teachers like me.

Also, I'm trying to get into this high tech school (High Tech High), and I've got one kid I have to compete against. I do have better grades than him, but hopefully there aren't many other kids trying out for the school. The school only takes one kid per district, but if nobody goes from a district, they go back to other districts for another kid. I'm more nervous about that than school itself. That will definitely be my biggest obstacle.

Fortunately, the school is supposedly big on math, and I have these algebra and geometry CD's that I have to start looking at soon. Math is one of my best subjects, so I'll hopefully catch on quickly.

I'll be sure to let you know when I know when I have to go back :)/:(

Amy
08-12-2001, 10:05 PM
Wow, I think mine starts around Sept. 5th!

Then again, we get out so late in June it's unbelievable.

I'm actually ::gasp:: looking forward to going back to school. Not for the work, of course, but because I miss seeing my friends everyday. Not just friends, but people you just see in school and don't hang out with otherwise. Just familiar faces. I also miss just seeing my boyfriend on a daily basis, smiles and notes from friends between classes...stupid stuff like that. I just miss everyone who went away too.

birderboy
08-12-2001, 10:06 PM
I start school NEXT monday. All my friends in public schools start tomorrow too though.

Here's my school life (real schedule still unknown, this is just an example):

8:00-8:40 Pre-Calculus. I just sleep the whole time then flunk the tests.
8:45-9:25 Chinese. I just sleep the whole time then ace the tests :D.
9:30-10:00 Break. I buy out the snack machines and pig out
10:05-10:45 Orchestra. Our brass section sucks so the conductor just works with them the whole time and I don't do anything and take the oppurtunity to sleep
10:50-11:30 History. I like history, so I'll just do what I'm told.
11:35-12:10 Language. I just sleep the whole time and write the occasional essay or test and ace them.
12:15-1:15 Lunch/Clubs. Ah yes. Lunch. I eat while talking to my geek friends about Dungeons and Dragons (not really, but it's what my friends WILL do when I'm not around, I need new friends). Then, during clubs, I just sleep.
1:20-2:00 P.E/Health. If it's PE, I just do what I'm told. If it's health, I just (pause, suspense rising...) sleep.
2:05-2:45 Chemistry. I just sleep, until we get to parts about really dangerous chemicals heeheehee :mad:
2:50-5:00 Afterschool. I either play tennis or go to the library and, you guessed it, sleep.

And that's my fairly incomplete and rather badly narrated school life. I'm sure you're all fascinated and are dying to meet me now :rolleyes:

SFGadvKing
08-12-2001, 10:45 PM
you guys start early. i start september 7

CrystalKat
08-13-2001, 01:13 AM
Boy, I remember those days. When I was in high school (in MI), we'd start after Labor Day. But here in FL, school started LAST Tuesday (August 7). But the last day of school is the end of May, so it does balance out.

swOHman
08-13-2001, 03:00 AM
Let's see, I start on....... wait........I'll remember in a second........Darn it I can't reme.............Oh yeah, I start when I want to start, I work as long as I want to, take breaks when I want to, and finish in half the time as everyone else. You guessed it, I'm home schooled, and even better... I teach myself :). Of course now I'll be the most hated poster on these forums (at least by those under the age of 18), but don't worry I'll be in college next year so I will have to go back to the daily routine LOL. Sorry, just had to take a second to gloat because I know how much of a hated time this is (this will be my first full year homeschooling).

ChronoTrigger
08-13-2001, 04:23 AM
Where I live they are hacking 2 days off of Summer vacation each year. AHHHHH only 18 more days to go toa park and coast my butt off.

Cyclone Master
08-13-2001, 07:24 AM
I start school............TODAY! How am I writing this you ask? Found out the stupid bus dosn't come back untill 8:00! The lady at school said it came at 7:15, but that's the first route. Elementry School. High School bus insn't till 8, so I have about 40 minnutes to goof off.

antfarm007
08-13-2001, 08:02 AM
Its sad that i dont really do nothing for the next few months until i go to college at Harvard or Princeton, but i will be working at my neighbors law firm for about $15 a hour (not bad for just answering the 3 or 4 phone calsl a day plus im going to Harvard Law, so this is pretty cool) and on the Saturday im gonna go work at the CTC (Chrysler Technology Center) which is Chrysler's Headquarters im gonna help fix computers and program them for like $20 an hour for like 200 bucks a day so I make like $900 bucks a week!!! I have a full scholarship to Harvard, and I dont want to get a job there, so im gonna work my butt off for the next 8 months and ill have plenty of money when i head out to Cambridge, plus in the summer ill come back to Michigan and work full time as a computer programmer, I was going to go to Princeton, but didnt becuase I could go to Harvard for free, but I did have a pretty good scholarship to Princeton, so I went there for a few months last year, learned everything, then picked some up from working for my cousin and now i can do it all the time, I make 200 a day there so at this rate ill never have to leave the dorm at Harvard once, I can order pizza every night, or just make mac and cheese, Ill be on easy street (if you can say that for a college)

+El_DRG|\|
08-13-2001, 08:09 AM
September 14th, thats way too early :confused: !~ I start school the 6th of September. I really dont feel like going back to school, I'd rather ride coasters all day long!! :o

CoolCoasterKid
08-13-2001, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by +El_DRG|\|
September 14th, thats way too early :confused: !~ I start school the 6th of September. I really dont feel like going back to school, I'd rather ride coasters all day long!! :o

Don't we all? :)

I too don't look forward to going back. It's great seeing your friends and all, but I hope I don't get caught on one of the "teams" while most of my friends are on the other one. I made a lot of friends this year in 7A, but I hope I don't get caught on one side with not too many friends. That happened to my friend in 7th grade...all the kids at our lunch table, including myself, were on the other team.

The_Evil_Tediz
08-13-2001, 11:34 AM
I start Wednesday and I also am anxious to get back. The only chance I will get to ride a coaster anytime soon is with out of town trips. In case anyone cares, here is my schedule that I had to wait 5 hours on one day and 4 the next to get. I still don't know the times because we are starting 30 minutes later than last year.
Day 1
1 Debate
3 World History
Lunch
5 Orchestra
7 Chemistry
Day 2
2 English
4 Advisory(a useless class)
Lunch
6 Spanish(I have the same teacher as last year, who is probably the stupidest man on earth)
8 Geometry

1984 v. 2.5
08-13-2001, 05:21 PM
Well, I'm back. Even though my school got out 2 hours ago, I'm just getting on now because I had (pause)... HOMEWORK! It's so not fair!

Coaster Clown
08-13-2001, 06:33 PM
i start my (hopefully) Final year of College!
boy will i be glad to get out of there.... i want to go ride coasters... oh wait.. there's HALLOWEEKENDS/FRIGHT FEST/ and all the other coaster fall fests still to come, so my coaster season isn't over yet!

rocketman23
08-13-2001, 06:51 PM
Well, my school sucks more than yours, cause I started August 6th. NO THAT IS NOT A MISPRINT.

KoasterKing
08-13-2001, 07:11 PM
school sucks but hey what can you do

Raleighpensfan
08-13-2001, 07:13 PM
Cyclonemaster and 1984 v2.5--are you both in NC? I teach 4th grade in Wake County (Raleigh) and the kids came back today. I don't understand how we start so early. We get out in late May. I guess we have more teacher workdays than the North. Anyway, my throat is already hurting from talking so much, hence why I am on here and not talking to my wife (-:

birderboy
08-13-2001, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Raleighpensfan
Cyclonemaster and 1984 v2.5--are you both in NC? I teach 4th grade in Wake County (Raleigh) and the kids came back today. I don't understand how we start so early. We get out in late May. I guess we have more teacher workdays than the North. Anyway, my throat is already hurting from talking so much, hence why I am on here and not talking to my wife (-:

Late May? I'm in Wake County too and I get out early to mid June! I go to a private school, but it's still around the same time as all my friends in public school. Wish I got out that early in elementary school.

dakevsta
08-13-2001, 08:16 PM
Today wuz my first day of school and I bored the hell out of my new math teacher about them removing the viper at SFOG.....Is it just me or to non-enthusiats care less when we talk about coasters?

wahooskipper
08-13-2001, 08:23 PM
High school. Those were the days. Don't wish it away so fast. Enjoy the ride.

Raleighpensfan
08-13-2001, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by birderboy

Late May? I'm in Wake County too and I get out early to mid June! I go to a private school, but it's still around the same time as all my friends in public school. Wish I got out that early in elementary school.

High school gets out the same time as elementary school (on the traditional calendar) The date this past year was May 30th for students, but teachers (me, unfortunately) had to stay until the 2nd week in June

1984 v. 2.5
08-13-2001, 09:59 PM
Nah, I'm in Western Tennessee Shelby County school district.

We get out late May.

Raptor
08-13-2001, 10:01 PM
I start my sophmore year in H.S. on August 23. 2 weeks earlier than last year, and we got out June 8th!! I got a short vacation! Its not fair!!!

goonsta
08-13-2001, 10:35 PM
I'm taking off a semester to raise enough to get my own place. No school worries for me, not that I would have them anyway. I feel for all you people still in H.S. It's been 4 years and I still have no loyalty to my old H.S. I don't like to remember it, I don't wish I was still attending, and I wish I didn't have to pass by it on my way to college everyday. I have nightmares that I'm still attending that school.

Metal detectors.

CPD officers as security.

Hidden cameras in the hallway.

Swimming King
08-14-2001, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by 1984 v. 2.5
Now, I know you guys probably don't want to talk about this since you're still on summer vacation.

But as of tomorrow, 7:15 A.M., I'm Not!

Yes that's right, I start high school tomorrow, August 14. Unbelievable! Anyway, I was wondering, when do you guys go back to school and what's your school like and stuff!

Aug. 14th??? And I thought the 16th was early! AHHH! I only have 2 days left!!! :mad:

Chip
08-14-2001, 02:18 PM
I start college on the 20th. I am so scared, too. I'll be 450 miles away from home, and everything will be so different. I live in a small town and I'm going to school in Tucson! I don't know if I'll be able to cope with this. I keep telling myself that it's gonna be like Millennium Force: very, very scary, but it's gonna rock in the end and I'm gonna want to do it again. But Millennium Force didn't have me work, study (well, I studied the stats and world records it broke), or meet and have to work with weird, new people. I don't know how this is gonna go. Hopefully it'll go well. I also hope I'm still active on these forums sometime during school, but I don't think I'll be posting as much. I leave tomorrow.

visionlandlover
08-14-2001, 02:25 PM
:( I start tomorrow, August 15th, 8 a.m. sharp. At least I have my favorite class first, band!

Erik Johnson
08-14-2001, 07:20 PM
I'll be starting my freshman year of college on August 21. From that Tuesday until Friday, I'll be on an outdoor trip. For the next five days, I'll have regular orientation before classes start on the 25. I can't wait to go to college, but I just don't feel like I've had enough summer yet.

CoasterKid23
08-14-2001, 08:24 PM
Do you guys actually do work on your first day? My school might be differt because I go to a private school, but the first day for us is just an interductory (sp?) day and we only have a half day. By the way, we always go back the Wednesday after Labor Day, which this year is the 5th.

1984 v. 2.5
08-15-2001, 03:47 PM
Only 177 days to go for me!

Cyclone Master
08-15-2001, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Raleighpensfan

I live in Randolph County and our schools went back Aug. 13 and we got out May 24. We seem to get back earlier and earleir......

Funny thing is, my dad and my little brother and sister live in Knightdale, part of Wake county and my little sister is in, you guessed it, the 4th grade. Hey, maybe you teach her.

Raleighpensfan
08-15-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone Master

I live in Randolph County and our schools went back Aug. 13 and we got out May 24. We seem to get back earlier and earleir......

Funny thing is, my dad and my little brother and sister live in Knightdale, part of Wake county and my little sister is in, you guessed it, the 4th grade. Hey, maybe you teach her.

Hey, check your PM. I sent something I didn't want to broadcast in this thread. We started the 13th also (although teachers went back the 6th, and we get out at the end of May. I agree--I can't figure out how we don't get out at the beginning of May. In Pennsylvania, we always started after Labor Day and got out the beginning of June.

coastersrsweet
08-16-2001, 06:03 PM
Well, I'm back. Even though my school got out 2 hours ago, I'm just getting on now because I had (pause)... HOMEWORK! It's so not fair!

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha i dont have shcool till only 11 more days that *^%#$ *(^% ^&*$ ok

1984 v. 2.5
08-16-2001, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by coastersrsweet

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha i dont have shcool till only 11 more days that *^%#$ *(^% ^&*$ ok

grrrrrr......

Honan Beechis my idol.

smeghead1138
08-20-2001, 05:02 PM
I go back Wednesday the 23. We have block shuedling, so we only have 4 classes a day, but two days of different classes. It gives you more time for school work that way. Here's a look at my scuedule:

A Day:
1. World Civilizations-Ancient-1800
2. Physics
3. English III
4. Adv. Drafting/Design

B Day:

1. Algebra II
2. US History
3. Government
4. Seminar

It looks to be a great year...not...

DragonSamurai
08-20-2001, 05:12 PM
LOL KIDS all of you back to school while i take over the boards bwahahahaha...i post while im at work lol......

I hpe you all have a good year

1984 v. 2.5
08-20-2001, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by DragonSamurai
LOL KIDS all of you back to school while i take over the boards bwahahahaha...i post while im at work lol......

I hpe you all have a good year

(1984 v. 2.5 manages to restrain himself from typing a slew of cusses over why he has 4 more years (8 including college) of school left!

viperlord
08-21-2001, 12:41 AM
i hate this time of the year.

DragonSamurai
08-21-2001, 02:57 AM

(1984 v. 2.5 manages to restrain himself from typing a slew of cusses over why he has 4 more years (8 including college) of school left!

The samurai Grins in relishment of the suffering caused JK im sorry if you get mad that you have to go to school but we all did at some time in our life....i just love my job though.... :)

SFWoA.com
08-21-2001, 04:47 PM
I had to go to an orientation for High School last night. :(

Oh well at least I have till Monday to do whatever I want and not worry about school.

I had did my own scheduling, picked my own teachers and when I wanted the classes. :)

We only have four classes a day and my schedule is kinda easy. :) I have two 'fun' classes like Foods, Computer Apps, blah.

Semester 1+2

1. Computer Applications
2. Grahpics (Logos, making T-Shirts, hats, etc.)
3. Physcial Science
4. Geometry

Semester 3+4
1. English 9
2. Advanced Alegbra :(
3. Survey of Social Studies
4. Gym:) and a Health Class

My year shouldn't be that bad and then after this I only have three years left. Sigh :o

I really wish Summer Vacation never ended though. :p

X-Cellent
08-21-2001, 04:55 PM
school starts september 10th i think but i got my schedule:
1.Calculus AP
2.French 3 (no honor program for french)
3.English 2 AP
lunch
4.Physics AP
5.Economics AP
6.X-Country Fall/bball spring/track summer

looks like a hard year for x-cellent sounds excellent to me:cool:

SFGAdvGal
08-21-2001, 06:44 PM
this year will be my first year at a private all girls school which is gonna suck, but its a really great school. anywayz, i'll also be starting high school so the freshman class has an overnight orientation out in the woods (yuck) next monday and tuesday. thursday i have a book sale and friday i have regular orientation and auditions for the schools dance program. then school actually starts on the 4th