PDA

View Full Version : Letter of Resignation

Tyler Eaves
08-13-2001, 11:27 PM
Dear friends,

I have decided that it is no longer preferable to continue my assosiation with this site on an official basis. I hereby resign from all my administrator and moderation privileges. I have my reasons for doing so, I think they are valid reasons, but they are also <I>private</I> reasons, and I have no intention of making them public. This is <I>not</I> to say I will be leaving the site, I simply no longer intend to take such a proactive, offcial role.

Sincerly,
Tyler Eaves

Nick D
08-13-2001, 11:31 PM
Bye Tyler.

I wasn't one of those that didn't like you, and don't see why people didn't like you. But bye to you as a mod.

Steven
08-13-2001, 11:36 PM
I'll miss you as a mod, and I look forward to you continuing your role as a member on the boards and in chat.

Thanks for everything you've done.

HisDougness
08-13-2001, 11:44 PM
Thanks for all your hard work, Tyler. You went above and beyond all that was expected of you as a mod, and as an administrator. I hope to see your insight and knowledge appear on this website again from time to time!

Sir Willow
08-13-2001, 11:44 PM
Wow, so that's two of us now.

Hey Tyler, email me when you get a chance! Haven't heard from you in a bit and would love to get caught up on what you been doing the last couple of weeks.

Steven
08-14-2001, 12:15 PM
Wierd... it said last post date was 8-11.

(Sorry for it being off topic, but I know he didn't resign 3 days ago, and I posted this to help correct it since I don't have any mod power in the forums).

Again, best of luck and thanks!

The_Evil_Tediz
08-14-2001, 12:22 PM
Now we have lost two good mods in two weeks. We will miss you, Tyler. Good luck with whatever it is you will be doing.

Swimming King
08-14-2001, 02:16 PM
I kind of saw this coming after you mysteriously stopped posting (that, and Sir Willow dropped some hints). Well, welcome back, I guess.

Yankee Cannonball
08-14-2001, 02:51 PM
Good luck, Ty. You'll be missed.

Andy Rathe
08-14-2001, 03:28 PM
Sorry to see you go matey.

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
08-14-2001, 10:02 PM
Two in two weeks. I sort of seen it comming unlike SirWillow who suprised me. Oh well welcome to the GU. (General users)

antfarm007
08-15-2001, 06:01 PM
It's the end of Coaster Forum as we know it!!!

Tom Zeliff
08-15-2001, 06:14 PM
But I feel fine.

Anyways, it is sad to lose Tyler. Although he butted heads with many of you old-timers here, his work behind the scenes was invaluable.

-Tom

1984 v. 2.5
08-15-2001, 06:16 PM
So long old sport.

Sir Willow
08-17-2001, 02:53 PM
I know Tyler has some other things in the works. I don't know about you guys, but I'm already noticing his absence.

but Tyler, if you see this, PM or IM me. I got some stuff that I need to talk to you about. :-) and wouldn't the rest of you like to know what it is....... :D

Flix
08-17-2001, 04:42 PM
no, not really...

so, two out in two weeks, so that must mean there is posts opening up?if so, i am game! :D neway, i'd say goodbye tyler, you had an influence on the board...and same to sir willow, he had the same, the first man to be voted in!

Amy
08-17-2001, 04:45 PM
Bye Tyler, awesome job. :)

Sir Willow, you've got me very curious...

Sir Willow
08-18-2001, 01:32 AM
Don't be curious. Really, nothing to talk about. Just wanted to ask him some things about his websites and his building and programming them. Not real exciting stuff.

But who knows about the future.... :D

Aaron
08-19-2001, 02:28 AM
What's going on here. First Sir Willow, one of the most respected people on these boards, resigns, and now you. I really appreciate all the things you've done for the boards. But what is really happening in the world of the moderators that's caused two excellent mods to leave? Some kind of conspiracy? I have the odd feeling that this entire coaster community is on the brink of collapse, unless we can find two people good enough to replace you.

P.S. Sir Willow, you and the other mods have been torturing us with this kind of secrets that we don't know. Please, for the sake of all of us, stop driving us insane! Thank you. ;)

GeorgiaSchorcherfreak
08-19-2001, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by CedarFairMaster
What's going on here. First Sir Willow, one of the most respected people on these boards, resigns, and now you. I really appreciate all the things you've done for the boards. But what is really happening in the world of the moderators that's caused two excellent mods to leave? Some kind of conspiracy? I have the odd feeling that this entire coaster community is on the brink of collapse, unless we can find two people good enough to replace you.

P.S. Sir Willow, you and the other mods have been torturing us with this kind of secrets that we don't know. Please, for the sake of all of us, stop driving us insane! Thank you. ;)

Well I have a feeling as to what it could be. What I am thinking is that Sir Willow got or has bought the rights to all the stuff from the WOrld of COasters and Thrillride.com maybe even one of the URLs and is starting a coaster megasite with Tyler Eaves which is why both resinged. I am thinking that if it is so it will be like Thrillride and the WoC. I think that he did drop a hint in mentioning asking Tyler about programming and building. As for what the other mods are saying there might be a couple others joining in with them and that is why we do not see them post anymore. The rest I think is talking about the rebirth of Thrillride but I think that it might not be as much as, if my speculation is correct, what Sir Willow and Tyler have up their sleves.

Kraken
08-19-2001, 01:49 PM
No, thats not the reason they resigned.

Zach
08-19-2001, 07:39 PM
To whoever locked this thread:
I do not see a reason as to why this thread should be locked. If there is a valid reason could you have at least posted this here or in the mods forum, instead of just locking it? Since I see no reason for the locking, I'm going to un-lock right now.

Zach

Sir Willow
08-19-2001, 07:46 PM
Kinda silly that this thread was locked for a little while, considering that there was no good reason for locking it. Thought the policy was that an explanation had to posted when a lock was done. Oh well. On to some clarifying:

Originally posted by GeorgiaSchorcherfreak

Well I have a feeling as to what it could be. What I am thinking is that Sir Willow got or has bought the rights to all the stuff from the WOrld of COasters and Thrillride.com maybe even one of the URLs and is starting a coaster megasite with Tyler Eaves which is why both resinged. I am thinking that if it is so it will be like Thrillride and the WoC. I think that he did drop a hint in mentioning asking Tyler about programming and building. As for what the other mods are saying there might be a couple others joining in with them and that is why we do not see them post anymore. The rest I think is talking about the rebirth of Thrillride but I think that it might not be as much as, if my speculation is correct, what Sir Willow and Tyler have up their sleves.

ROFL!!!!!! Sorry, buzzzzz, wrong answer!

Ok, time to set things straight. Outside of the timing of the announcements, Tyler and I resigned for different, though similar, reasons. And it has nothing to do with each other. Both of us posted the reasons (the truth) in our separate threads.

I'll state this pretty clear for you, so we don't have further confusion. Tyler and I are not working on a site together. Tyler, as well as I know is only working on his sites that he previously had, and I don't have a coaster site, nor will I have my own coaster site in the forseeable future.

Also, neither one of us have any financial stake in World of Coasters whatsoever (boy, if only I had that kind of money) As far as I know, all of the World of Coasters data, and the original web domain, have all reverted back to it's original owner, Jim Serio, which can be easily seen by doing a "whois" on the domain name.

Additionally, I know of no other moderators that have plans on quiting. The ones that I have talked to on the side have all expressed their desire to continue working for the site. There is no "great revolt" that I know of, let alone am heading up.

I hope that clears up some things for you. Please, if you have any of these great speculations in the future so that I can laugh at you in private first, not in front of the whole world. Might save you some embarassement. :D