PDA

View Full Version : This is BS

Bossstl
08-14-2001, 12:31 AM
I am feed up with you ego tripping power hungry Moderators. For know on I am taking my knowledge of SFSTl to www.cstrbuz.com and www.Ultamiterollercoasters.com.

STLBluesIn02
08-14-2001, 12:45 AM
Yeah same here.....thanks alot to Erik Johnson and Tom Zeliff for closing my threads-no really, it was nice of you to offer a forum for me to speak my mind and then take it away. I think this site will be up forever and make alot of people happy....oh wait...

If you really want this place to grow, consider finding new mods....these guys suck. And by the way, congratulations on a job well done.....yeah thats right-ANOTHER UNHAPPY MEMBER! WOOHOO!!

Until this site shapes up.....***** IT!

RiFT
08-14-2001, 12:50 AM
You can't even spell "Ultimate Roller Coaster," how are you going to subit your powerful knowledge to them?

Cuddy
08-14-2001, 01:27 AM
Oh darn....two less people here. More fun for me!

Aaron
08-14-2001, 01:34 AM
What are you talking about? The mods here are some of the best I've seen! The mods are not "power hungry". They're not banning people for insulting them, and when they lock a topic, they're only doing their job. The mods here work very hard. There's a couple thousand of us, about 10 or so of them, and those 10 have to wade through over 100,000 posts to find spam, offensive topics, topics that need to be moved, or duplicate topics. And I'm sure that you're not the only one who has such "precious knowledge" of STSTl. And any information you post on another site will surely be discovered by another member who will bring it here. You try acting like a mod for a couple days and we'll see if you don't go crazy trying to control a few out-of-line members. These mods are only human, and all humans may get abuse their power at times. And if you want to leave the boards, then do so. Don't post spam like this; posting things like this might be how you got the impression of "ego tripping power hungry" mods. We should congradulate the mods, not insulting them like this. I'm sure you'll find the mods at Coasterbuzz and Ultimate Roller Coasters exactly the same as the mods here, if not more controlling. No board is perfect. This is the best one there is. The new site will be up and running very soon, and I'm sure the boards will get some new moderators. This board is for you to voice your opinions, and if you do something that is against the rules, then the mods will take action. As I said earlier, they're only doing what they've been told to do.

I rest my case.

Tom Zeliff
08-14-2001, 02:18 AM
Moving to General Questions....I guess that's the best place for it.

And I'm sorry if you don't like our decisions to lock your topics, but they are duplicates, and we have a job to do. I've already explained it once, and I won't do it again. Everyone is free to express their opinions here, but if someone beat you to it you have to add your thoughts to their topic!!! Don't start your own or we have to close it. It's not a personal thing at all; I'm doing my job here.

-Tom

CPjunkie
08-14-2001, 05:37 AM
I'm not trying to be sarcastic or obnoxious or anything, i'm just curious...do the moderators get paid? I mean, they say they are doing their "job".

Robert Walker
08-14-2001, 07:00 AM
The mods only do this for the love of thrill rides. I've been here since the beginning of the new boards. I still have to see anything come through the mail. We are also hard at work with trying to get the new website setup. There will be alot of information on the new site that we are all working on. Currently there are only 2 setting up the site but after there the mods will be acting as editors also and correcting problems on the website.

For the majority thanks for the kind words of praise.

STLBluesIn02
08-14-2001, 08:47 AM
Hmm...they must get paid- otherwise, who would have the money to hire the people who replied to this thread with nothing but praise for the MODs? Seems a bit odd, now doesn't it?

Yankee Cannonball
08-14-2001, 09:35 AM
No, the mods don't get paid anything. This question has been asked before. Every time, they've answered that it's volunteer work and that they're doing it for the good of the forum.

Bossstl, I can't believe you are so full of yourself that you think that the forum is somehow at a loss because you refuse to post on it. Your topics were locked because you disobeyed the rules of the forum. Do you expect to come here and be able to post whatever you want, clogging up the forum with duplicate topics? It seems to me that you are the "ego tripping power hungry" one, if you think that by boycotting coasterforum.com you can somehow gain respect and have people worship your SFSL information, and if you have a large enough ego to think that your coaster knowledge is somehow irreplaceable.

STLBluesIn2002, who "offered you a forum to speak your mind"? All I see here is a board about roller coasters. Nowhere does it say that you have the right to infect the forums with duplicate topics if you so please, and nowhere does it say that you have the right to insult the few people trying to maintain order around here. In fact, both of these things are strictly forbidden, as you would have found out if you had taken the time to look at the rules of the forum before jumping in and attacking members.

And in response to your last post, it isn't odd at all that there are so many people backing the mods up. The few who disliked the mods have already left, as I hope you and bossstl do, and the mods have worked hard to earn the respect that they receive. They put in a lot of time cleaning this forum up, locking and moving topics, making the forum easier to navigate. And yet you somehow think it is a good idea to insult them for this, as though it is a majority view that the mods are tyrants or something. Well, you are wrong. Maybe somewhere down the line you'll discover that there is a way to get respect without bribery: actually earning that respect. You came here and assumed that everybody felt the same way that you do, and that somehow all the hundreds of members on the forum would rally behind you. You've got another thing coming.

Both of you, leave before you make yourselves into even bigger fools.

coastergenius100
08-14-2001, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Bossstl
I am feed up with you ego tripping power hungry Moderators. For know on I am taking my knowledge of SFSTl to www.cstrbuz.com and www.Ultamiterollercoasters.com.

ROFLMOA, you nice joke. But any smart person knows that Jeff (webmaster of Coasterbuzz) closes and deletes houndreds of times as many posts as this site. And he actualy deletes accounts. That is the main reason for why I switched to this site.

Kraken
08-14-2001, 11:34 AM
I am feed up with you ego tripping power hungry Moderators. For know on I am taking my knowledge of SFSTl to www.coasterbuzz.com and www.Ultamiterollercoasters.com.

Don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out.

DHollon
08-14-2001, 11:52 AM
Wait, did he say that Coasterbuzz DOES NOT close a lot of threads? Hmmm, unless it has changed within the last 2 seconds, which I doubt, there are more closed threads than there are open ones. AND if you ever talk bad about Jeffy-poo or his beloved Cedar Point he'll kick you off the site and won't let you post there anymore. Too one-tracked minded for me, and it wasn't worth the effort of getting a new hotmail address to get a new sign on code. Long live Coaster Forum!

squeemu
08-14-2001, 02:21 PM
Of course. Jeff doesn't want a site where everybody talks trash. That's why he'll just as quickly delete a post that talks bad about SFMM, or WOF, or any other park, not just Cedar Point. Obviously he is going to delete a post that talks trash about him. That's common sense, and any of you would do just the same on your site. He doesn't want a bunch of immature children whining and bickering about which park is best, just like some people whine here. Have you read the King's Dominion is weak post yet? Some kid started yelling at me because I prefer PKD to SFA. That's just ridiculous, completely uncalled for, and I really wish it would stop. That isn't allowed on coasterbuzz. I commend Jeff for all that he does.

Erik Johnson
08-14-2001, 06:57 PM
When I first started posting at CoasterBuzz almost a year ago, I hated the moderators and thought of (but never actually did) post threads like this. Then I took a step back and said, "Wait a minute. Look at how good the discussion is here. Every topic is interesting! It's amazing. I like moderated forums!" Then I volunteered my time on these boards and found it to be even better. We have good controlled discussion (for the most part) without the bias towards certain parks. I've spent time on every board out there, and this one is by far the best (and no, Alex doesn't slip me a $20 every time I say this stuff).

Kraken
08-14-2001, 07:51 PM
Yea. Jeff bans people for bad grammer!

squeemu
08-14-2001, 08:06 PM
No, he bans people who have obviously not even attempted to use the spell checker. Ppl hoo rite like thiis git there posts daleeted. I agree that moderated boards have much more interesting topics, rather than "I hate this park, and if you disagree I hate you!"

sfmm2004
08-14-2001, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Kraken
Yea. Jeff bans people for bad grammer!

hey it's grammar...you're banned!!! j/k...couldn't reisist.:D

coastercory06
08-14-2001, 10:38 PM
Notice a STL trend here?

Coastercameron
08-15-2001, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by squeemu
No, he bans people who have obviously not even attempted to use the spell checker. Ppl hoo rite like thiis git there posts daleeted. I agree that moderated boards have much more interesting topics, rather than "I hate this park, and if you disagree I hate you!"

Well in others defence I personally cannot get the spell checker on his site to work! It just sits there "Loading" for hours. But I do think that Jeff over moderates. If he doesn't like what you said it's gone. Also he has compleatly abolished the rumors portion of his site and is deleteing rumor threads! I too rest my case of staying here!

Bossstl
08-15-2001, 06:01 PM
Boy I need to learn how to spell. I am slao sorry for what I wrote, that started all of these replys. I had a hard day of work and in a bad mood, so I am sorry. I take back everythign bad I said about this URL and the messge boards containted within it.

Sir Willow
08-16-2001, 01:29 AM
I know the mods thank you for your apology. Things like that make their lives a bit easier.

Take it from an ex-mod, the moderators here bust their tails to keep these boards running smooth, and don't get paid a penny for it. Most of the mods get their share of hate mail and other abuse for taking their time and donating it to help keep this place running.

People who can't be bothered to read the TOS, obey the rules, or even make an effort at being polite really tick me off. People who think they can do whatever they want, regardless of how it affects others, or the boards, man sometimes I just want to slap them! (ok, calming down now. I know that was uncharacteristic of me)

Those of you who don't like how the boards run, get a grip and a life. The world doesn't revolve around you, and you better learn it quick before it runs you over cause you refuse to get out of the road.

1984 v. 2.5
08-16-2001, 04:35 PM
Bossstl, youre in for a rude awakening when you get to Coasterbuzz. I love Coasterbuzz and everything but they are unbelievably strict!

Aaron
08-19-2001, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Sir Willow
Most of the mods get their share of hate mail and other abuse for taking their time and donating it to help keep this place running.
I can't believe that mods, including you, got hate mail. If people don't like the mods, then just leave, don't go sending hate mail to people like Sir Willow here!

antfarm007
08-19-2001, 08:05 AM
Does anybody else notice that Bossstl and STLBluesIn02 are both the same person, STLBluesIn02 joined these boards the day he left! Bossstl didnt fool me!!!

ChronoTrigger
08-20-2001, 12:14 AM
I'm surprised if I don't get at least 5 pieces of hate mail a week. I've been here very near since the beginning(although I did have to take a large amount of time off due to server changes) And I know I am not one of the more popular mods. However. I work to make sure that that forums are kept clean. We mods bust our butts. What do we get out of it? Very near to nothing. yet we keep on going. Believe me we are NOT power hungry. We close what we think is offensive or rude. If this board did not have mods it would be unbearable.

DrachenFire96
08-20-2001, 01:01 AM
You can't say we don't have our problems here though. Flame wars break out a lot...not as much in the past, but they still happen. And several of the Homepark fanboys sit here and act like Gods when that's the only park they've ever known. It's sad really, the ignorance of some people. You wonder why threads get shut down, well perhaps read the rules before posting people....geeze.

Regardless I like the site, I just miss Thrillride. The only reason I am sticking around these forums, in plain honesty, is that I am hoping this new site they are creating is at least half as good as Thrillride. I am here for updates as well as expressing opinions. Keep up the good work mods. If these 2 don't want to post here, thats their business. Let them move on, and we all shall do the same.

1984 v. 2.5
08-20-2001, 10:27 PM
Well said DrachenFire.

antfarm007
08-22-2001, 07:47 AM
DrachenFire, its only one person, look at the name and the date the second one joined, same day as he left, bossstl just wanted to make it look like he wasnt the only one, but he didnt fool me

STLBluesIn02
08-22-2001, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
DrachenFire, its only one person, look at the name and the date the second one joined, same day as he left, bossstl just wanted to make it look like he wasnt the only one, but he didnt fool me

Sorry to disappoint you AntFarm007,but bossstl and I are completely different people. :p

antfarm007
08-22-2001, 02:41 PM
Really, becuase I dont think 1 day on this board is enough to judge that it sucks!

STLBluesIn02
08-22-2001, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
Really, becuase I dont think 1 day on this board is enough to judge that it sucks!

Since when has July 23rd- August 13th been only 1 day??
I'd really like to have an answer from you on that one, Detective AntFarm...... :rolleyes:

Bossstl
08-22-2001, 07:42 PM
I am sorry but i am not STLBlues.

1984 v. 2.5
08-23-2001, 05:52 PM
I am sorry but i am not STLBlues.

yeah. sure. whatever.

STLBluesIn02
08-28-2001, 02:17 PM
hmm...interesting chat we now have going. :)

By the way, don't you find it strange that bossstl's post count keeps going up? How could that be possible if he left already and joined under another name? wow.... :p

antfarm007
08-30-2001, 04:11 PM
eh whatever, but i was sure your profile before said that you joined the day you left, and its a coincidence that whenever one of you posts, the other posts right after usually, and they both have disturbingly similar names, hmmm

STLBluesIn02
08-30-2001, 04:16 PM
bossstl and I know each other, and we're both in the St. Louis area with SFStL being our home park. That's where your "coincidences" come in....

DyingDutchman
09-29-2001, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by coastergenius100

ROFLMOA, you nice joke. But any smart person knows that Jeff (webmaster of Coasterbuzz) closes and deletes houndreds of times as many posts as this site. And he actualy deletes accounts. That is the main reason for why I switched to this site.

i know jesus christ.... coasterbuzz is a THOUSAND times worse than this. im not going to suck up to the mods, but jeff is just plain evil. hell lock your topic if you say you dont like his favorite roller coaster. he did it to me, i said his favorite roller coaster was a peice of junk and he deleted my account.

STLBluesIn02
09-29-2001, 05:01 PM
I prefer Ultimate Roller Coaster (URC) over Coasterbuzz.com & Coasterforum.com....:cool:

ForceCoaster
09-30-2001, 10:50 AM
I've experienced the wrath of Jeff before, my account got deleted.
but i am happy here, so i'm not complaining, and this site is moderated better