PDA

View Full Version : Speedzone Tips for Coaster Games

Jeff
09-21-2011, 06:47 PM
This thread will be for tips about RCT and NoLimits.

Tip #1 - When designing a coaster in No Limits, its always a good idea to use the heart line as a guidance in creating a smooth quality ride

Joe R
09-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Continuing from Jeff's start:

Tip #2 - When designing a ride, to help keep forces in check, always make sure to set the ride to shuttle mode and ride it while you design it. It will help show you where your problem areas are and will help you get a feel for the ride as well. This will not only lessen the Red zone spikes, but give you an idea where a problem is when it comes to smoothing.

Tip #3 - This helps me, so I'm not sure if it will help everyone. Try listening to music to help the creative juices flow.

Tip #4 - Constantly change your POV in the designer. To be honest, I'll add in a segment, and go straight to 3D to see how it looks exactly and fiddle with the segment for about 5 minutes before being generally happy with it.

Tip #5 - USE MORE SEGMENTS! The more segments you use, the better the auto-smoother (Ctrl+G) will be able to do what you want it to do. Not only does it give you more control, but give you a more realistic looking ride as well (as in, name a ride that has a HUGE single piece of track for one part of the track). Most segments go around 60 feet in length it seems.

That's all the tips that I can think of at the moment people. Stay tuned for more if you need these tips!

Jeff
10-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Tip #6 - Always make sure you have enough block segments to run multiple trains properly

Tip #7 - Keep the laws of physics in mind when designing a coaster. The highest point is gonna be the tallest the coaster can go and its all downhill from there. You don't want to design a coaster and have it valley somewhere. Then you have to start all over again.

steel
10-28-2011, 10:06 AM
In RCT...
Tip #8 - Don't be afraid to get familiar with a trainer in RCT. It can be a little intimidating the first few times, but it helps a ton.

Tip #9 - Don't be afraid to use multiple trainers in RCT. 8Cars is great, but it doesn't do everything (for example, the TRG trainer is the only one with a mountain builder).

Tip #10 - In RCT2, build a sandbox scenario for yourself (or download one if you can find it) with an easy goal (like 10 coasters with a specific excitement level) and all your basic needs already available at the very beginning. Sometimes you just want to sit down and build something, and none of the preset scenarios work well for this.

Tip #11 - If the coaster looks like it's going too fast, it's going to fast, even if the stats don't reflect that. Ultimately, RCT is about aesthetics, not hyperrealism (don't tell nedesigns I said that).

Tip #12 - No entry signs at exit paths help keep guests from getting lost.

Tip #13 - It's boring, but do build at least a few restaurants and bathrooms.

Racer
10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Also in RCT...

Tip # 14 - If you are re-creating a park, try building each ride in a separate scenario, then re-build the final version of that ride in your park. This may sound complicated, but a detailed list of rides, scenery, etc. and graph paper help (the graph paper is used to draw the layouts of rides and place them correctly in your park). Also, don't get frustrated if everything doesn't quite fit exactly; RCT's limits do not allow every detail to fit perfectly (45* angles are a perfect example of this).

Tip # 15 - Experiment with scenery, such as constructing buildings and adding layers to them; no one wants to see a shop or restaurant that looks like a box.