PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is a good post

scottinca
08-23-2001, 05:54 PM
http://www.coasterforum.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7905

I think this reflects negativly on your web site to have a former Mod whining because he had a disagreement with the web site and decided to give up his job.

It looks bad on this website and maybe someone should talk to him about leaving all together.

DrachenFire96
08-23-2001, 06:16 PM
For one, Sir Willow had a lot of fans on the site, and they would be asking him why anyways...so he plainly said it, so all questions and praise, or negativity would go in that one thread.

Two, I don't think it improper simply because he is one of us, and can make posts if he chooses to, if you don't like it, you didn't have to read it or post on his thread, which you did do.

X-Cellent
08-23-2001, 06:18 PM
Sir Willow has a strong fanbase and banning him would reflect more negativley then keeping the topic

Yankee Cannonball
08-23-2001, 06:35 PM
I hardly think of that post as "whining." He was announcing something that the forum needed to know. There's nothing wrong with that.

scottinca
08-23-2001, 06:37 PM
So you both feel that is okay to quite your job where ever your working, Regardless if you were popular or not.

Then go in and start telling all the customers that you had that you quite because you couldnt get along with the people that you worked with.

Sorry but if that, happened at your bussiness you would not let that person conitue to say negative things about your other people who still worked there.

Now I know he is not directly naming names. Which is almost worse because it leads to speculation. But it is still not apporerate for him to do that. If people really wanted to know he could P.M. Them. Which would have stayed private. But he has chosen to post a thread where anyone. (Including myself) who has an opion about him and this website can see it so that which in turn does make the web site look bad.

Likes it not run correctly.

DrachenFire96
08-23-2001, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by scottinca
So you both feel that is okay to quite your job where ever your working, Regardless if you were popular or not.

Then go in and start telling all the customers that you had that you quite because you couldnt get along with the people that you worked with.

Sorry but if that, happened at your bussiness you would not let that person conitue to say negative things about your other people who still worked there.

Now I know he is not directly naming names. Which is almost worse because it leads to speculation. But it is still not apporerate for him to do that. If people really wanted to know he could P.M. Them. Which would have stayed private. But he has chosen to post a thread where anyone. (Including myself) who has an opion about him and this website can see it so that which in turn does make the web site look bad.

Likes it not run correctly.

Well if you have someone quit at work or you fire them...they are still going to bad mouth you and convince others not to shop there or do business with you company...what difference does it make...and he was polite in not naming names...the other mod that left did a good enough job at doing that, which is why the original 5th page of the thread was deleted...so no one could see it, except us who were on at the time, prior to the person named getting on...i am guessing the other person was banned...the one naming names...no one has said.

scottinca
08-23-2001, 06:47 PM
I didnt say he wasnt nice in not naming names I said its worse because it leads to sepculation.

And yes when people do get fired or quite they generally do say negative things about that company.

Should the company let them do it on company letter head??

NO.

Yankee Cannonball
08-23-2001, 07:03 PM
This is not a company. Moderators are not paid. They are volunteers.

And it is much better not to name names. Let people speculate, rather than directly accuse somebody.

You misunderstand the point of SirWillow's message. He was a popular moderator, and he was announcing his resignation and giving a brief explanation. He was not out to sabatoge the forums.

Tom Zeliff
08-23-2001, 07:04 PM
He's not using company letter head as you put it. Doing that would probably mean hacking into the boards and placing a global announcement. He is allowed to have an opinion, he is also allowed to state that opinion as long as it doesn't violate the ToS. Nowhere in the ToS does it say you must love Coaster Forum and always post positively about it and the staff. To delete that thread would just be censorship, and we do not condone such practices here.

-Tom

DrachenFire96
08-23-2001, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Tom Zeliff
Nowhere in the ToS does it say you must love Coaster Forum and always post positively about it and the staff. To delete that thread would just be censorship, and we do not condone such practices here.

-Tom

Then why was the original 5th page deleted from willow's thread??????

Tom Zeliff
08-23-2001, 07:37 PM
I can't really comment on that. I can say that I was not the one who removed it.

-Tom

Amy
08-23-2001, 11:08 PM
Tom, you are appearing to separate yourself from the other mods or admins. who could have deleted certain threads about certain things that have happened...this isn't the first time that I've seen you point out that you haven't deleted that thread...?

Yankee said it best when he said that mods aren't paid, they volunteer. It's not like Sir Willow was fired. He was volunteering his time to the site, and resigned for reasons that he hasn't let on in that thread. I don't think that leaving out things was bad for the site. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He wasn't directly putting anyone down, and I don't think that he did anything wrong. He shouldn't be banned from the forums for all eternity because the man has opinions.

ucdaap42
08-24-2001, 01:14 PM
To delete that thread would just be censorship, and we do not condone such practices here.

-Tom

But you do censor swearwords, and you also censor names like D(i)ck Kinzel (the CEO of Cedar Fair) so you do condone such practices here.

--Seth

Zach
08-24-2001, 05:27 PM
He's not using company letter head as you put it. Doing that would probably mean hacking into the boards and placing a global announcement. He is allowed to have an opinion, he is also allowed to state that opinion as long as it doesn't violate the ToS. Nowhere in the ToS does it say you must love Coaster Forum and always post positively about it and the staff. To delete that thread would just be censorship, and we do not condone such practices here.

-Tom

Again, sorry to anyone for butting into so many conversations about this but...

You say to delete that thread of George resigning would just be censorship and you do not condone such practices here? I resigned as a mod as some of you may know, and posted a resigning thread, which was later deleted. I was not allowed to have an opinion and it did not violate the ToS. Nowhere did I even say I did not like Coaster Forum, heck I even called it the greatest coaster boards around!

Thanks.
Zach

Kraken
08-24-2001, 06:19 PM
Yes Brogium, but certain people here think they can do whatever they want, and don't want to do whats best for the site.

DrachenFire96
08-25-2001, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Kraken
Yes Brogium, but certain people here think they can do whatever they want, and don't want to do whats best for the site.

Truly sad isn't it kraken. Sorry I missed your retirement thread Zach. I guess someone feared that something aweful might have been said...similar to Tyler's thread and George's thread.

frustrated_1
08-25-2001, 04:10 PM

-Tom

I made a new account to type this up. I'm just curious to why my other account has been banned/censored (cannot post or PM anyone). I've never violated the ToS, never started any flame topics, etc. I've never had a problem with any other member. The only thing I can think of that cause my account to become disabled was when I sent another member a PM regarding the deletion of Tyler's post. Am I now to believe that private messages are not private? And also, I never recieve any warning or explanation whatsoever. This sounds a whole lot like censorship to me.

DrachenFire96
08-25-2001, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by frustrated_1

I made a new account to type this up. I'm just curious to why my other account has been banned/censored (cannot post or PM anyone). I've never violated the ToS, never started any flame topics, etc. I've never had a problem with any other member. The only thing I can think of that cause my account to become disabled was when I sent another member a PM regarding the deletion of Tyler's post. Am I now to believe that private messages are not private? And also, I never recieve any warning or explanation whatsoever. This sounds a whole lot like censorship to me.

Woah!!!! Your account was banned??? Who are you? And if PMs are not private, this forum is gonna lose a lot of members.

frustrated_1
08-25-2001, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by DrachenFire96

Woah!!!! Your account was banned??? Who are you? And if PMs are not private, this forum is gonna lose a lot of members.

I don't really know what happened. I can still log on with that other account, which was "itzdat1azn", but it's just that I haven't been able to post or PM anyone since then...:mad: The PM section has been disabled and I can only view posts...

The_Evil_Tediz
08-25-2001, 05:04 PM
I know that the Admins can view PMs, as I learned from someone who's name I will not mention, who also briefed me on what is going on. To frustrated, you should send one of the Admins, Tom or Roman, a PM under your new account asking for an explanation as to why you can't do anything under the old one.

DrachenFire96
08-25-2001, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by The_Evil_Tediz
I know that the Admins can view PMs, as I learned from someone who's name I will not mention, who also briefed me on what is going on. To frustrated, you should send one of the Admins, Tom or Roman, a PM under your new account asking for an explanation as to why you can't do anything under the old one.

Well if they can view my PMs, then they truly are not PMs now are they??? This system is totally screwed up. They should not be allowed to see private messages unless they are forwarded or something. There is such a thing as privacy and now that no longer exists here.

Andy Rathe
08-25-2001, 09:04 PM
Since this is obviously (and correctly) becoming a hot potato, I'll ask Alex if he can read PM's if he so wishes - which I'm sure he wouldn't anyway. I'll let you know what he says.