"Given what we always knew was a challenging construction schedule, we have been proceeding along a parallel track with a contingency plan for the 2008 season and we're very excited to announce Glow in the Park — a phenomenal nighttime extravaganza that will blow our guests away," said Six Flags New England President Larry Litton.
Glow in the Park is the brainchild of world renowned creative director Gary Goddard, the mastermind behind a long list of major attractions including the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman, Star Trek: The Experience and the Jurassic Park River Adventure at the Universal theme parks. Goddard, who also designed The Georgia Aquarium as well as numerous attractions in Las Vegas and Hollywood, has enlisted one of Cirque Du Soleil's premiere composers, Benoit Jutras, to create the music for the parade. For float designs, the internationally acclaimed conceptual parade designer Raul Rodriguez was commissioned. Michael La Fleur, whose resume includes artistic coordinator for Celine Dion's "A New Day" in Las Vegas and Imagineer for Disney, will create fluid choreographed numbers for the Glow in the Park performers.
In addition to the Glow in the Park Parade, Six Flags New England has a thrilling 2008 season in store for guests of all ages, including:
- Spring Break, April 18 - April 27, including The 21 and Under Tour featuring Soulja Boy and Li'l Mama on April 19th
- Return of the immensely popular STARBURST Thursday Night Concert Series featuring free concerts by top-name acts like Flo Rida, Mario, Natasha Bedingfield and Raven
- 10 world class coasters, including Superman Ride of Steel, voted world's best steel coaster in 2007
- 3 Kids areas including Wiggles World and Thomas TownSM
- New England's largest and best waterpark — free with park admission
- An all-new Johnny Rockets Burgers and Fries Restaurant and the addition of a second Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream Outlet
"Six Flags is proud to be New England's premier entertainment destination and we're committed to delivering a full season of thrills for our guests," added Litton. "The Glow in the Park Parade is a nighttime event like no other and will be enjoyed by every member of the family."
About Six Flags:
Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company with 21 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Founded in 1961, Six Flags has provided world class entertainment for millions of families with cutting edge, record-shattering roller coasters and appointment programming with events like the popular Thursday and Sunday Night Concert Series. Now 47 years strong, Six Flags is recognized as the preeminent thrill innovator while reaching to all demographics — families, teens, tweens and thrill seekers alike — with themed attractions based on the Looney Tunes characters, the Justice League of America, skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, The Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE:SIX) headquartered in New York City.
Thanks to ThrillNetwork member rckrazy06 for posting this story!