Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
ThrillNetwork Forum Etiquette
1. All members must respect each other's opinions and feelings. This means name calling, flaming, and purely provocative, destructive or demeaning posts will not be tolerated.
2. Profanity on the boards is unacceptable. In addition to the commonly known "swear" or "cuss" words, we will not allow members to intentionally try to provoke negative reactions from other board members. Try to post in a manner that your post is suitable for prime time on the major television networks.
3. Use normal English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. Do not post using ALL CAPS or without caps. Start each sentence with a capital letter, and end each sentence with a period, question mark, or exclamation point. We're not asking for perfection, only your best effort. Also avoid the use of chat room short hands like "u" or "ur." It really doesn't save any time, and makes posts very difficult to read.
4. Refrain from using colors or large fonts, unless it is to demonstrate a point. Simple replies and other posts (about 99 percent of forum posts) do not need to have different fonts, different sizes, or different colors.
5. Proofread all your posts. Everybody can make a typo, but there is a way to prevent these from appearing on the boards. Please proofread before you post and so remove any typos or spelling errors.
6. Do not start repeat topics. If you have an idea for a topic and are unsure if it has been discussed, use the search function. If you respond to an existing topic, it will be bumped to the top of the list just as a new topic would be. Since we have a lot of topics in the archive, and if any topics do come up during your search, but are located within the archive, you may open a new topic. Please do place a link to the archived topic as to avoid confusion and needless referrals to the archived topic from other board members.
7. Likewise, do not double post. If you have another thought, and no one else has replied to it, use the edit tool in your previous post to add your thought (you have the ability to edit your own posts). An exception can be made if at least 5 days have passed, or if the thread doesn't appear on the first page of threads in the residing forum. However, do not bump a topic for the sake of bumping it.
8. If you make a mistake, please use the edit tool to correct it.
9. You do not need to quote somebody if their post appears just above your own.
10. Make sure that any new topic you start is placed in the appropriate forum. For example: a topic about a rumored new ride in Alton Towers for 2004 should not be placed in the Construction forum, but in the Coaster & Park Rumors forum.
11. When starting new threads, please do not start for the sake of asking a question. You must be able to contribute immediately (in the first post of the thread) when you ask the question.
Please note that the ThrillNetwork Forum Etiquette does not only apply to posts, but also to signatures, chat, and other parts of this site.
Participating with a blatant disregard to the ThrillNetwork Forum Etiquette can and will be seen as disrespect to other members and staff, and thus disciplinary action may occur at the discretion of ThrillNetwork staff. Remember, we share the same common interest of having an interest in thrill rides, so let's keep it a clean place to do so!
The answer is simple... we have features that require membership on ThrillNetwork (coaster count, download from speedzone, etc.).
In addition, commenting on stories and posting reviews for parks and rides do count, but they do not show up on forum searches.
Lastly, ThrillNetwork is not a forum-only site anymore. We ask you go and visit the other parts of the site and participate in those areas. We will never require a posting rule or anything like that, either.
Since there is no user mechanism to change usernames, and we do not have the manpower to go into the backend and handle such changes, you cannot change your existing username.
If you wish to change it, you must contact us using the contact form (link on the bottom of each page), note that you will be abandoning your current account because of a change of username, the reasons behind it, and then note the new username you wish to use.. When we acknowledge receipt of the email (we will usually reply to it within 24-48 hours), we may give further instructions, you can then proceed with registration unless we say otherwise.
You may only do this once per 12 month period. If there are extreme circumstances involved (including account or abuse issues), you must discuss this with an administrator.Failure to do this may result in both accounts being suspended due to our duplicate usernames policy.
Revised February 13, 2011
We are well aware that some forums allow signatures with graphics, several lines, and crazy text. Some even allow advertising. Here at ThrillNetwork, we believe in the user experience.
So, we have placed technological limitations in place to help you follow it, but we are also choosing to share with you what the limits are (highlighted in italics). These easy-to-follow signature rules are so that the signatures don't cloud out the posts.
Also, please do not use the "preview signature" or signature area in the user profile as a guide. The real guide for the signature is what it looks like in the post itself.
A member will receive one warning, in which the member will have 48 hours to rectify the situation (One warning during any 6 month period). Repeated violations of the signature policy will result in the deletion of the signature, the possible loss of signature privileges, and possibly the suspension/termination of their ThrillNetwork.com account.