View Poll Results: Will you upgade to Windows XP?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 28.57%
  • Probably

1 7.14%
  • Not sure

2 14.29%
  • Probably Not

3 21.43%
  • No

4 28.57%

Thread: Will You Upgrade to Windows XP?

Will You Upgrade to Windows XP?

Are you planning on upgrading to Micro$ofts latest version of Windows when it comes out soon?

Im not. It has alot of things that I do not like. The Product Activation requires you to register every computer with Microsoft and send them your hardware profile. If you change your hardware or reinstall windows or reformat you will have to re activate. I feel this is an invasion of privacy. I also think it is going to be to tightly integrated with other ms products. I don't like Windows Media Player and it will soon be integrated with Windows. The current version crashes far to much and the new version dose not support MP3. I dont want to listen to WMA music I want MP3. This could also threaten smaller companies such as Real Networks and MusicMatch. The new version of MSN Messenger, Windows Messenger is also being tightly integrated with XP. I dont care for MSN Messenger service that much. All of my friends use AOL Instant Messenger which isnt the greatest but better then MSN. The Windows messenger is going to have new webcam/voice support. None of my friends have a webcam or the connection to use it good. Windows XP has a new "luna" interface. I really dont care for it at all. Way to cartoonist. It reminds me to much of the horrible MSN Explorer. It also looks like it was made to much for newbies like MSN Explorer is. It is easy to use but very frustrating to complete a task because it take longer. The new control panel is a good example of this. Windows XP uses the NT kernel which is supposed to be a good thing and be a little bit more reliable and faster but I don't want the rest of the stuff that comes with it.
    Are you going to upgrade?

Moved to Polls.

-Tom
    Rock concert movement number 3: ready, go.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Disneyland, SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: X2

I don't think I will, I like my Windows ME! This whole computer upgrade thing is nuts sometimes, you get a new computer- I just got this brand new one in March- and now they have a new Windows! Grrrrrrrr.
    I left my heart in Sandusky!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Until I get a new computer, I'm not going to waste my money on an upgrade that is basically the same crappy windows 98 engine with cheap new features.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Banned
    My buddy's sending me a copy of XP this weekend. He...uhhh...got a copy of XP from a secret friend. From what I've heard it's far and above any Windows that's been put out before. I'm looking forward to using the burning program it has already installed. I'll give a review when I get it installed.

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional right now at home and work. I've been pretty happy with it to this point, and I'm not sure if XP is going to offer me enough compelling reasons to upgrade. At the very least I'll wait at least 6 months, or until the first service pack comes out, before I decide.

im excited about the DVD program, but pissed because it makes my $250 internal burner almost worthless, besides copying direct
    Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

No clue who the guy pictured in my avatar is, but its a great picture nonetheless!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossos | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Inverted Poster
    im just fine with windows 98 SE. Works great, i usually wait a few months after it comes out because with new programs, comes new bugs.
    MY DAY HAS COME!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Island of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: (none) | Steel Roller Coaster: Montu

Minetrain Poster
    Windows ME has been a nightmare to me. It crashes at least once a day during use. Windows 98 was much more stable than it. I desperately want Windows 2000 Pro and maybe XP when it comes out...

House of the Late Scapegoat phantompenguin's Avatar
    I will when I buy my next PC.
    phantompenguin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

It's a Girl!! 10/24/2004 Raleighpensfan's Avatar
    I am in the market for a new desktop, so I will go to Best Buy--they offer free upgrades to XP...
    _______
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurricane--Myrtle Beach | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Wooden Poster
    Nope, I like the Windows 2000 I am running now, never crashes.
    Plus I don't like the activation crap that MS is pulling with XP, although I would be there will be cracks out before the program is
    If it's a coaster and it works I'll ride it
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hersheypark | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wildcat - Hersheypark | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman SFNE

Probably not. My Windows ME works fine, thank you.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CedarFairMaster [/i]
    [B]Probably not. My Windows ME works fine, thank you. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ditto. If worse comes to worse, I'd get Windows 98 if ME gave me major problems.