Thread: Millennium Force vs. S:ROS @ SFNE

Inverted Poster

Millennium Force vs. S:ROS @ SFNE

Which is a better coaster Millennium Force or S:ROS @ SFNE.
    I think S:ROS beacause of its great layout and air time

MF is better, because of the sheer speed, but S:ROS is very, very close. The tunnels, huge airtime hills, and a good layout make it almost as good as MF.

i agree with MF becasue of its drop and drop only the rest of the ride is nothing too special imo

Strata Poster
    i know i have no right to say anything because never been on any but i say Millennium Force because i like it better
    I love Jessica! She's the greatest girl in the whole world! Proud Member of the BBFC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman & Robin the chiller

mf is better but sros comes pretty close because the layout is so good

This is in the wrong forum, it should be in polls.

Corkscrew Poster
    This is a poll and will be moved.

I would have to say millennium only because of the height

Looping Poster
    I liked MF better. It had a much better drop and speed, and I really enjoyed the overbanked turns. It is my favorite coaster of all time!!!!!!!!!
    S:ROS has better airtime than MF, though, but MF still wins, no question about it in my mind.
    Romans 13:10
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Millenium force is way better, but how do you compare a giga coaster with a hyper. Why not just compare MF with SG2000

Inverted Poster
    Because most people havent ridden SD2k.
    New England Patriots, the Super Bowl XXXVI Champions will defend their Championship well this year by winning again. You saw it here first.
    USA is in the Top 10 of the FIFA World Rankings for the first time ever.
    Congrats to Brazil for winning the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Lake Compounce | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Supeman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England

Wooden Poster
    Overall, I think SROS is a better ride because it offers everything a coaster should: speed, major airtime, strong positive G's, tunnels, and a great view. It absolutely has the best layout also. The only thing MF lacks is the major airtime and the strong positive G's (helix), but I don't think it was designed for that. It was designed for speed, and it certainly has that. They are both great coasters, both offering different thrills. SROS could be the perfect coaster, if there is such a thing .

Minetrain Poster
    Even though I haven't ridden S:ROS @ SFNE, I still think that MF is better. The first drop, the speed, the tunnels, and the overbanked turns are incomparable to any other coaster, in my opinion, at least until the Heide Park giga is built.

-MFanatic6595
    mf kicks butt
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Wooden Poster
    MFanatic, you should ride SROS before making that judgement. It's drop is no slouch at 221 feet and 75 degrees, and 80 mph is moving along pretty good. It's two tunnels are underground and are mist-filled. And, it has two helices which provide positive g's and it has what seems like an endless amount of ludicrously airtime filled hills. I'm not knocking MF, it was an incredible experience, but OVERALL, not as good.

I haven't been to CP since MF opened so I have to go with SROS since SFNE is my home park and I have ridden it 22 times. I really don't think you can judge a coaster if you haven't ridden it, but I am, sorry. I heard SROS has better air time then MF, is that true? If so, than the only thing I could think that would be better is the drop which is 79 ft taller, but doesn't go underground.
    SHAME ON YOU FOR EXPRESSING YOURSELF!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: It would be Cedar Point.... if I ever went there. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England

S:ROS for the helix and more airtime hills
    Top Five 1)TTD 1)Raging Bull 3)Montu 4Deja Vu 5)MF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: RB & TTD

i say S:ROS two tunnels huge air and lots + g's
    i cant wait till next year S:ROS MF Magnum Nitro AC all in one trip!
    Tokyo Drift: Missing the apex and burning tires one turn at a time.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar | Steel Roller Coaster: V2: Vertical Velocity(old)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Z-MAN [/i] [B]It's drop is no slouch at 221 feet and 75 degrees. [/B][/QUOTE]
    UM actually it is 78 degrees. Sorry I just thought I would point that out.
    SHAME ON YOU FOR EXPRESSING YOURSELF!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: It would be Cedar Point.... if I ever went there. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England

James
    mf is better

How can you say one is better than the other if you haven't ridden both?

Anyways, I would also have to agree that S:ROS is a tad better. Layout and airtime are both great...the first drop on MF almost makes up for that, but S:ROS is still slightly better in my mind.

Hyper Poster
    mf
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

Corkscrew Poster AllSmilesChica's Avatar
    Millennium Force. Period.

That's just my opinion though...
    "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty." - Coco Chanel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point! | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force & Wicked Twister

Wooden Poster
    UM actually it is 78 degrees. Sorry I just thought I would point that out. [/B][/QUOTE]

The sign in the station says 75 and I haven't seen otherwise. Where did you see 78? Sounds better to me .

Wooden Poster
    Millennium Force.
    "It's not that easy being green"
    -Kermit the Frog
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Millennium Force by FFFFAAARRRRR. S:ROS is NOTHING compard to Millennium Force. Thats like comparing Jr. Gemini to X. Jr. Gemin kicks @$$. Its the speed of MF and agle of desecent and continous speed throughout the ENTIRE RIDE that makes it so good.

EvenThough i havent Ridden S:ROS At SFNE Id have to Go with it because MF thats all that ride has is speed and thats it. Very Minimun Airtime. And speed gets Boring After a while.
    Dr. Bruce Banner version 3.0.... Coming summer 2006 to a theme park near you!
    "I could sure use some of the Hulks strength right now."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Havn't been on either, I think that MF's Sheer size would make anyone think that it is the coolest, but the layout just can't compare with S:ROS. I mean if MF wasn't supersized, S:ROS would win by far, but the only thing that is cool about MF is the drop and the constant speed, but S:ROS is like non-stop action. I would have to go with S:ROS, because of the layout.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Corkscrew Poster
    MF because of its height, but SROS overall because of the layout.