Thread: Knoebals Groves .vs. Knotts Berry Farm

These two are great parks and both very special. But which one is better: KBF or Knoebals? <BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boardadmin on 2001-07-14 16:04 ]</font>

Let gravity do the work.
    Well because I don't like the pay-per-ride kind of system, I'll go with Knott's. It just gets too complicated when you have to whip out your wallet for every ride you take. I like the pay one price and patronize all you want! GhostRider also seems to have better reviews than Knoeble's Twister (or if it had any at all).

i say Knotts because Ghostrider is better than the Phoenix. Knotts also has Perilous Plunge, & Montezooma's Revenge.
    What we do in life, echos in enternity

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BR>On 2001-05-19 03:05, X COASTER wrote:
    <BR> These two are great parks and both very special. But which one is better: KBF or Knoebals?
    <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
    <BR>
    <BR>Definatly Knoebels! Knoebels has *2* great wooden coasters,a huge selection of classic flat rides, the best Haunted House and Bumper Cars in the country, and the best staff I have ever seen. Food's great too. Just be sure to go on a weekday, so you can get a Pay-One-Price deal ($25 or so)

knots berry farm.
    "remember, the enemy's gate is down"
    <BR>
    <BR>98 precent of you have no clue what i'm talking about

Knotts is better, but only since Cedar Fair took it over. With one of the best wooden coasters ever built, two or three average steel coasters, an awesome drop ride, a log flume and river rapids and Perilous Plunge, plus quite a few good flat rides, Knotts beats out Knoebels.

because i live within 2 hours of knoebel's, my family goes every year. i've never been to KBF, but i love Knoebel's! even though the whirlwind isn't too great, and the twister could use work, The Phoenix is one of the greatest woodies i've ever been on! also, you have to love the Log Flume! the first drop is a surprise to those who are riding for the first time. and their handstamp deal is like $20 for every ride, including the coasters!

Since CF took it over, Knott's has improved and is the better of the two.

Inverted Poster
    Certainly Knott's. its a clean, fun, family oriented park with some "fun" steel coasters, a spectacular woodie, a GREAt drop ride, a really fun shoot the chutes, and a whole bunch of fun flat rides, AND it has good theming.
    Riddle me this...Riddle me that...
    Who's afraid of the Big Black Bat?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Knotts. Ever since Cedar Fair took it over, there really is no comparison between the two.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Hyper Poster
    Knott's definitely<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wackokid on 2001-06-26 21:49 ]</font>

I'd say Knoebel's because I'm more into traditional parks, and since CF took over KBF has moved more into the theme park direction. A good park, but not the same atmosphere and Knoebel's.

Let gravity do the work.
    Thunderbolt, walk into Knott's Ghost Town, Fiesta Village, and Indian Trails. Then you can talk to me about not having a traditional park atmosphere. Many of the buildings alone at Knott's are older than Knoebles altogether...

Banned
    <!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>the best Haunted House and Bumper Cars in the country</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
    <BR>
    <BR>Yeah...you should see those bumper cars go! They go 8 MPH instead of 5 MPH like the rest of the world. They really are taking a risk, but on the overall everyone's been safe. BUT there was that one time last year that <!-- BBCode Start --><B>3</B><!-- BBCode End --> people got whiplash in one day. That was just a fluke. Knobels gets a perfect 10 for their awesome bumper cars!
    <BR>
    <BR>_________________
    <BR>I eat Cheese Nips and drink Powerade.<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coalhouse on 2001-06-26 23:03 ]</font>

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BR>On 2001-06-26 22:54, kraxleRIDAH wrote:
    <BR>Thunderbolt, walk into Knott's Ghost Town, Fiesta Village, and Indian Trails. Then you can talk to me about not having a traditional park atmosphere. Many of the buildings alone at Knott's are older than Knoebles altogether...
    <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
    <BR>
    <BR>So your're saying Knott's has buildings predating either 1926 (When Knoebels became a park) or 1904 (Oldest structure still used by the park)? I though Knotts wasn't built up until 1951.
    <BR>

Looping Poster
    Not another comparrison thread.
    <BR>
    <BR>Why the need to compare?
    <BR>
    <BR>And if you do feel that need, why not pick a more logical comparrison.
    <BR>
    <BR>CP vs SFWOA... Hershey vs Dorney... PKD vs BGW... SFMM vs KBF... Okay... at least it makes sense... because of georgraphy, many people (world travellers aside) have been to both. However why comparrisons like SFMM vs CP or IOA vs CP or now this one, KBF vs Knoebels. They are a practically a continent apart. How many people have actually been to both of them? Most of the posts read like... "Well, I have only been to [insert park name here] so that is better."
    <BR>
    <BR>
    "I wasn't always this cynical, but then I started kindergarden..."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot