Thread: Horror Movies

Horror Movies

What are yalls all time favorite horror movies!!

My all time fave is and will always be The Shining (the original) but the new one is good too!! No one plays that roll better than Jack Nicholson!

some of my others are:

The Haunting
    The House on Haunted Hill
    The Nightmare on Elmstreet series
    The Night of the Living Dead
    Children of the Corn
    Amityville 1&2
    I left my heart in Sandusky!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Suspended Poster
    Exorcist
    Candyman
    Hand that Rocks the Cradle
    Psycho (origional)
    any classic really old horror film (for sentiment)

It's a Girl!! 10/24/2004 Raleighpensfan's Avatar
    Night of the Living Dead (original filmed in a cemetary near my folks in Blairsville, PA)

The SHining (original)

Exorcist

It

Pet Cemetary

All of the Halloweens
    _______
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurricane--Myrtle Beach | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I really Like House On Haunted Hill Just for the Hulk Part.:D
    Dr. Bruce Banner version 3.0.... Coming summer 2006 to a theme park near you!
    "I could sure use some of the Hulks strength right now."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

House, The Thing, The Fly(ORIGINAL), Frankenstein, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Invisible Man, The Tingler, House of Wax, Abominable Dr. Phibes, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Plan 9 From Outer Space.
    "BECAUSE someone like you cared a whole afwul lot, this park is alive where before it was not." -The Street of the Lifted Lorax, IOA
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

Inverted Poster
    I hate horror movies, they freak me out too much, but the only one Ive ever liked was not a horror but a slasher, Scream (the original). It wasnt really a teeny-bopper sort of duh-i-know-who-did-it kind of film, it was very well done.
    Riddle me this...Riddle me that...
    Who's afraid of the Big Black Bat?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Divinity
    Like haunted houses, horror movies just freak me out too much. I have seen all the old Nightmare on Elm Street movies, but they just started to get corny after awhile. I won't even read horror books -- I think my imagination is just too vivid!
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

any zombie movies and house on haunted hill was a good scary movie

Got done with the Child's Play series, sans Bride of Chucky. Would like to see the rest of the Nightmare on Elm Streets...seen the first one. Eventually I'd like to get through Friday the 13th series and Halloween.

As for the horror movies in the present...Scream Trilogy, Urban Legends 1 & 2. Didn't like the i know what you did last summer. Not only was the title too long, it didn't mesh like Scream or Urban legend did.

The original Psycho is the best horror film I have ever seen. I also like Silence of the Lambs, but that's more suspense than horror. Hitchcock made the best. North by Northwest, Vertigo, Rear Window, they are very good films and filled with suspense!
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by haux [/i]
    [B]The original Psycho is the best horror film I have ever seen. I also like Silence of the Lambs, but that's more suspense than horror. Hitchcock made the best. North by Northwest, Vertigo, Rear Window, they are very good films and filled with suspense! [/B][/QUOTE]

Although true, Hitchcock's best films remain useen by many. These are my favorite Strangers on a Train, Saboteur, and The Man Who Knew Too Much
    "BECAUSE someone like you cared a whole afwul lot, this park is alive where before it was not." -The Street of the Lifted Lorax, IOA
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i hate horror movies, not to sound like a whimp but they are too [I]scary[/I] for me. i also hate hounted houses. my kind of movies are action ie the rock and die hard.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

I love horror movies...I really don't know why, but I love being scared. Movies with giant slimey monsters don't freak me out, but anything, no matter how strange, that has the slightest potential of happening in real life freak me out.

I love the Shining (even though the book is better) and I'll agree, House on Haunted Hill is only fun to watch because of Hulk (my highlight of the movie, lol). The Candyman was one of my favs, my (ex)boyfriend was so scared.

For some reason, the Poltergeist movies scare the crap out of me. I think it's because the first time I saw them was when I was in third grade, but I cannot watch those movies alone.
    *Evil*Princess*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: WDW Resort (so shoot me I'm a Disney Nut at heart) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Coney Island Cyclone and Comet @ Great Escape | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro and Medusa East, oh and Dueling Dragons...B&Ms baby!

Banned
    The Exorcist (The NEW one with the added footage...compare them to see what I mean)

The Shining (Original)

An American Werewolf in Paris

The Birds

House (1&2)

Salem's Lot

The Stand

IT

Yeah...I like the classics and the Stephen King ones! American Werewolf in Paris is great...comedy AND horror...the perfect mix!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rocketman23 [/i]
    [B]

Although true, Hitchcock's best films remain useen by many. These are my favorite Strangers on a Train, Saboteur, and The Man Who Knew Too Much [/B][/QUOTE]

How could I forget The Man Who Knew Too Much? Holy cow, that was an awesome film! It was so suspensful and I never knew what the heck was going to happen next!
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Victory Not Vengeance DrachenFire96's Avatar
    I go with the world's first true scream queen with Jamie Lee Curtis in the original Halloween. My other fav's are the Hellraiser series simply because they are packed with gore, and classic horror's like Christine and Carrie. However, only one movie ever scared me in my life--Poltergeist, but then again, I was but a little kid when I first saw it.
    Ich lebe deinen Traum!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: depends on my mood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force, Batwing/X-Flight

Now that you mention it, I did see Christine...nothing at all like the book, at least how I imagined it. I'd like to see Carrie and Cujo (Stephen King fan). I remember seeing The Langoliers on TV; and will eventually get through the book, "The Green Mile".

I like the Halloween movies

Silence of the Lambs

Nighmare on Elm Street

Children of the Corn

and Hellraiser