• Six Flags Great Adventure

3 23.08%
  • Six Flags Worlds of Adventure

1 7.69%
  • Six Flags Great America

1 7.69%
  • Six Flags America

1 7.69%

Thread: Six Flags with the best Gotham City.

Wooden Poster

Question Six Flags with the best Gotham City.

What six flags has the best gotham city? I am curious to learn about different amounts of theming.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side." "One day, I am going to be the most powerful jedi there is."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ultimate Flight...that is one fine piece of ACE(get it? hahaha...sorry)

Victory Not Vengeance DrachenFire96's Avatar
    This would be tough to judge unless you've been to them all to compare. But I can say that SFA has to be the worst simply because Superman is housed in Gotham and Two Face isn't. Its like the whole park needs to be re-themed as Gotham, not the portion of the park behind Wild One.
    Ich lebe deinen Traum!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: depends on my mood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force, Batwing/X-Flight

Inverted Poster
    I think SFOG has the best one. My homepark SFWOA has the worst one.
    Feel the BLAST of NITRO!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Strata Poster
    SFWOA accually has one! I guess with a bit of Batman Knight Flight Themeing and Batman show. From what i have seen on Pictures SFOT or SFGADV SFOG i have never seen pictures that give clue of themeing really. I choose Six Flags Great Adventure Because Two coasters and a stunt show with theming. Batman: The Ride has the garbage and i guess Batcave And Chiller has a really big circular building with hands on it so and there are fake buildings with Gotham Theme and chiller station could go with it too
    I love Jessica! She's the greatest girl in the whole world! Proud Member of the BBFC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman & Robin the chiller

Victory Not Vengeance DrachenFire96's Avatar
    That is like the longest run-on sentence I have ever seen
    Ich lebe deinen Traum!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: depends on my mood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force, Batwing/X-Flight

Heartline Poster
    id say SFA because of the rides. Superman: Ride of Steel, Batwing, and Joker's Jinx.

Wooden Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DyingDutchman [/i]
    [B]id say SFA because of the rides. Superman: Ride of Steel, Batwing, and Joker's Jinx. [/B][/QUOTE]

Why superman?? because hes a comicbook character too.....and i have a question is the superman in the same section as these batman rides?

I would have to choose Great adventure for having the best Gotham city theming Because all Stunt show 2 bat man rides and the theming for Batman The ride, i think is awsome.. i love walking through that line and seeing the Broken down police car and all the Junk everywhere like the toilet lol
    Last edited by Sticky Fingaz; 10-04-2001 at 04:00 PM.

Minetrain Poster
    Well, I don't know which Six Flags has the [I]best[/I] Gotham City, but I [I]do[/I] know which one has the worst. Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure's Gotham City is extremely fake. Oh well, who cares about theming when you have Batman Knight Flight to make up for it?

-MFanatic6595
    mf kicks butt
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I vote for SFOG. The section they used for this really helps create the "gotham" effect. The one @ SFGAM is in desparate need of improvement. They put it in the middle of Yankee Harbor which does not fit @ all.

SFGAm doesn't even have a Gotham City! Only the B:TR que is themed to Gotham City, and everything else around it is Yankee Harbor themed.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

I would say that the best one is at SFMM because of Batman: The Ride and Riddlers Revenge

Let gravity do the work.
    That would be true if only The Riddler's Revenge was in the 'Gotham City Backlot' themed area in the first place. Even though it's RIGHT NEXT TO Batman:The Ride, it still resides in the adjacent themed area called 'The Movie District'.

Let gravity do the work.
    Personally, I would say Six Flags Over Texas. Why? They have two world-class coasters in that area and it is beautifully landscaped. Even though the placement of Mr. Freeze : The Ride and Batman : The Ride are a bit off, that specific area is pretty. The only problem is that it doesn't have the classic "Gotham City" look, with that 'dark' look. It seems like a sunny, happy, no villains allowed Gotham City, which in truth, makes me feel sick and ruins the whole theming basis on Batman.

Let gravity do the work.
    Standing in front of the Gotham City Backlot entrance
    - [url]http://www.mikekallay.com/Theme_Parks/SFMM/sfmm_batman010.JPG[/url]

Batman : The Ride & The Riddler's Revenge are probably the two closest seperate (including name wise) B&M rides in the world.
    - [url]http://www.mikekallay.com/Theme_Parks/SFMM/sfmm_batman040.JPG[/url]
    Last edited by Chris L; 10-05-2001 at 04:56 AM.

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kraxleRIDAH [/i]
    [B Batman : The Ride & The Riddler's Revenge are probably the two closest seperate (including name wise) B&M rides in the world.[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

um.... i wouldnt be to sure about that:
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Corkscrew Poster
    At SFGAM, we don't have a Gotham part, mainly because we only have one ride that would fit in w/Gotham, and thats Batman. Um, but I do have to say I think B:TR, has some of the best theming of any coaster I've been on. Walking through the park, then through the back alleys, then through the sewer, and finally in the bat cave. I'm sure all other b:tr's are themed the same way, so cool beans.
    No drama (no more drama in my life)
    I don't ever wanna hurt again
    Wanna speak my mind, wanna speak my mind. - Mary J. Blige
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: American Eagle | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I have to go with SFWOA because its the only one ive seen, but i was impressed with it. But im sure if I saw the other ones my opinion would change, but im used to Disaster Transports confusing themeing, so any themeing is good for me.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

James
    SFMM has the best because of Batman: The Ride and Riddlers Revenge

SFMM has the best

Wooden Poster
    Hello everybody,whats going on with you people?Six Flags Great Adventure has the best gotham city. They have batman the ride with great theming and batman and robin the chiller with extraordinary theming and its a helluva ride. The first and only duel Lim coaster. Nitro is kinda in it but not really.
    XTREMECOASTERS.COM "can u handle it?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: -X-

SFGAdv has good rides in Gotham City, but no real theming to the area except for the queue to B:TR. SFMM's is good because the Gotham area is definitely its own secluded themed area, but it's lame how they didn't extend Gotham to include RR. It would be so much better if they had incorporated the Movie District into Gotham City.
    HD: "What's with the stapling? Where's the airtime? Where's the love?"
    Supreme Scream Op: "Where's the love?! The love is me making sure that when this ride comes down, you're still on it!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Only been to SFWoA
    huced on foniks wealy wurkt fur mey
    I love my Jesus! Proud Member of ACE, and MSFC
    Cedar Point Rules - America's Rockin' Roller Coast!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point Amusement Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain, Kennywood's Jack Rabbit, Kennywood's Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor, Magnum, Batman Knight Flight

Six Flags magic mountain

SFGAdv and SFA are pretty good.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Six Flags Magic Mountain because it actually has some theming.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

SFOG

I like SFMM's Gotham City because it is, like HisDougness said, it's it's own themed section. It also has two flatrides themed to Gotham City, The ACME Atom Smasher (a Hymilaya) and Grinder Gear Works (a super round-up), SFMM needs to do something about there themeing.
    RCFreak
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland Resort | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Space Mountain (New Disneyland version)

Hyper Poster
    i liked SFWOAs theming
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight