Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AMERICA STRIKES BACK - The attack on Afghanistan has begun!!!

AMERICA STRIKES BACK - The attack on Afghanistan has begun!!!

FROM NBC NEWS (In my words from watching on TV)

The United States and Great Britain have started bombings on Afghanistan, in the capitol, Kabul, power is knocked out, we do not know what we have hit, the Taliban's headquarters has no power, may have been destroyed. Now all I have to say is to help the Northern Alliance out and stop humanitarian aid until Bin Laden is handed over.

Note: The last succesful invasion of Afghanistan by outside forces was by Alexander the Great.
    Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

No clue who the guy pictured in my avatar is, but its a great picture nonetheless!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossos | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Hyper Poster
    Crazy. I really hope this'll be another air war like Kosovo and we don't need ground troops.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/10/07/gen...ack/index.html
    Your favorite coaster sucks.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mr. Twister II (I haven't ridden many, you can tell) | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

I go away from the forums for an hour, I come back, and I see this! Well, the Taliban had it coming to them. I wonder how long this attack will last before the Taliban gives up? This story is unfolding really quickly. There's been a lot of developments within a day or so.
    Last edited by CedarFairMaster; 10-07-2001 at 09:30 AM.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Yes, America has struck back, and President Bush has said that we hit terrorists training camps and the Taliban has said that all we hit was desert sand. The Taliban's time has run out, and now the punishment has begun.
    Life is a rollercoaster, enjoy it, b/c the ride is always too short (If someone's already said this, sorry, I didn't mean to rip it off ya)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Backwards Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

I cannot tell you how gidy and happy I am after this attack! The Taliban didn't comply with our simpleists requests and now they will face the conciquences of there actions.

Banned
    YAY!!! i found about it on the chat, i was on there earlier and somebody said that Bush was on, so i flipped on the TV, and there it was.

I think it was about time that US would strike back against the Taliban.
    Member 399
    Coaster Count: 135
    Park Count: 20
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Strata Poster
    osma said he will attack the us again (basically). good luck peoples.
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Originally posted by Natelox
    osma said he will attack the us again (basically). good luck peoples.
    How can he attack with no money, and with his stuff bombed to oblivion?

I'm so happy! This is awsome! Kill the Taliban!
    Last edited by Kraken; 01-29-2003 at 02:44 AM.

Originally posted by Kraken

How can he attack with no money and with his stuff bombed to Oblivion? Guess the "cowards" aren't so cowardly after all!

I'm so happy! This is awsome! Kill the Taliban!
    He has money! I'm SO glad we are gonna kill the Tallibna! Bring the Jahad on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jihad2.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1605  

Jeez! What is going to happen with this world? Did you people see the video bin Laden made? Those stupid Taliban morons are blaming the US on all the world's problems! They are so stupid! I am sort of glad that we are bombing them, but I just think things are going to get worse! Bin Laden is saying (in that tape) that it's the US' fault that bad things have been happening to them over the past 50 years or whatever. Idiot! This enrages me so much, and they call it a holy war! Why in the world would God want people to kill? It's insane! AHH! I'm going nuts up in this, yo! Stupid Taliban! Tell them I hate them!
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Divinity
    The world is a darker place today.

While retaliation is certainly deserved and necessary, it is unfortunate that the world works this way.
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

Inverted Poster
    It is good that we are attacking the terroists but there is a 100% chance that we will have another attack in the U.S..
    New England Patriots, the Super Bowl XXXVI Champions will defend their Championship well this year by winning again. You saw it here first.
    USA is in the Top 10 of the FIFA World Rankings for the first time ever.
    Congrats to Brazil for winning the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Lake Compounce | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Supeman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England

Originally posted by Melissa
    The world is a darker place today.

While retaliation is certainly deserved and necessary, it is unfortunate that the world works this way.
    I think of it more as defense then retaliation.
    Last edited by Kraken; 01-29-2003 at 02:45 AM.

So you think killing people is a good thing? Yeah, it's good we're bombing bin Laden and the stubborn Taliban to smithereens, but the innocent people of Afghanistan? We're at war with terrorism, not Afghanistan or Muslims! It's sad it has to end this way, but then you think of the World trade center and you say, KILL THE DAMN BASTARDS!

PS Sorry about all the cursing!
    SHAME ON YOU FOR EXPRESSING YOURSELF!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: It would be Cedar Point.... if I ever went there. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England

Originally posted by MST3K_FREAK6666
    So you think killing people is a good thing? Yeah, it's good we're bombing bin Laden and the stubborn Taliban to smithereens, but the innocent people of Afghanistan? We're at war with terrorism, not Afghanistan or Muslims! It's sad it has to end this way, but then you think of the World trade center and you say, KILL THE DAMN BASTARDS!

PS Sorry about all the cursing!
    But we aren't bombing innocent people intentionally...
    Last edited by Kraken; 01-29-2003 at 02:46 AM.

We are trying to bomb the Taliban. But we are also killing Afghani citizens.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: It would be Cedar Point.... if I ever went there. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England

How we know this how?
    Last edited by Kraken; 01-29-2003 at 02:46 AM.

Divinity
    Guys, just a friendly warning... Let's keep the arguing outside, okay? Everyone has their own opinions but this could quickly get out of hand.
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

Unhappy

Well spoken Melissa. This could easily get out of hand.
    I'm sure that the U.S. is trying to minimize civilian caualties, because they know the Taliban will try to frame the U.S. for the "senseless slaughter of innocent people", or something like that, even though that's exactly what bin Landen did on September 11. But most of the Afghans have fled into the wilderness, away from all the U.S. targets. If I had the threat of U.S. military action hanging over my head, I'd also try to get as far away as possible.
    It is sad, however, that we have to retort to violence to solve this conflict. The Taliban should have given into the demands of the U.S. and her allies. We've tried diplomatically, but when diplomacy doesn't work, military action is pretty much the only other option.
    But the Taliban has no one to blame but themselves; they brought this upon themselves. They harbored and supported terrorists, and now they will pay the consequences.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Wooden Poster
    I hope they catch Osama and his punishment should be that he be given a sex change and forced to live as a woman under that oppressive regime!

Originally posted by Catherine
    I hope they catch Osama and his punishment should be that he be given a sex change and forced to live as a woman under that oppressive regime!
    Cruel and unusual punishment. BTW, what ARE they going to do to him? Kill him? Will that really do that much?

Divinity
    CedarFairMaster has it right. This whole situation is unfortunate, but what other solution do we have? Is there any solution at all? Certainly not for the innocents of the World Trade Center or the Pentagon, or the planes that were forced to become bombs at the hands of madmen. But there is no solution either for the innocents that are certainly dying in Afghanistan tonight -- those people didn't harbor terrorists, their government did. A fine distinction, but whenever there is massive violence, innocent lives are lost.

As to what we will do with him... Probably try him for massive homicide, destruction of property, violations of international treaties, war crimes, etc. and put him to death. Of course, death in a holy war as a Muslim is immediate ascension to heaven. So, we'd make him a martyr and give him something that to his eyes would be desireable -- death by heathen hands fighting for a holy cause.

Again, I don't think there is any good solution, if there is any at all.
    Walk Beyond...

Intamin and GCI Groupie coasterqueen's Avatar
    Hey guys! Remember to keep our troops in your prayers.......they are fighting for our freedom! They are fighting against people who hate freedom. Also, I am not calling anybody a hatemonger on here but remember that not all Muslims are radicals. I keep seeing people take out their anger at any Afgan that comes to close to them.

Bin Laden follows a perverted version of what HE thinks is the true Muslim religion, kind of the way Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson follows a perverted version of what THEY think is true Christianity........

I am behind our Pres. 100%! These sickos will get what's coming to them. We can't just sit around and take it. On the other hand we can't sit around in sheer paranoia and wait for the next terrorist attack.

Tina N.
    Last edited by coasterqueen; 10-08-2001 at 02:19 PM.
    Let the Thunder ROLL!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels/Cedar Point/Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback/Maverick

Suspended Poster
    I have only two things to say:

1. It has begun.

2. It will end with the blood of Osama bin Laden.
    That is fascinating, Thom Yorke! You are very very interesting, and very very perceptive! So interesting and so perceptive that I think we will now fight with knives!
    Yeah! To the death! Photo Trip Report!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Am I the only one worried about the threat of chemical/nuclear weapons being put on the US?

Zach

Heartline Poster
    Originally posted by CedarFairMaster
    Well spoken Melissa. This could easily get out of hand.
    I'm sure that the U.S. is trying to minimize civilian caualties, because they know the Taliban will try to frame the U.S. for the "senseless slaughter of innocent people", or something like that, even though that's exactly what bin Landen did on September 11. But most of the Afghans have fled into the wilderness, away from all the U.S. targets. If I had the threat of U.S. military action hanging over my head, I'd also try to get as far away as possible.
    Most of the Afghans haven't gone anywhere. Remember that it's one of the world's poorest countries and these people eek out a living in complete and abject poverty that we simply cannot imagine. There will be civilian casulaties; it's impossible to drop thousands of bombs and missiiles and not have a few of them go astray.

Also, regarding the above post about chemical weapons, the threat now is exactly the same as it has ever been. Due to the USA's dominant role in world affairs for the past 50 years, certain governmants, countries and organisations consider it their enemy, so the Sept. 11th attack could just as easily have happened five, ten or perhaps even twenty years ago.
    Andy Rathe
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Europa Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Expedition Ge Force

Originally posted by Brogium
    Am I the only one worried about the threat of chemical/nuclear weapons being put on the US?

Zach

I am sure everyone is worried about that. I would be scared even to go to school if they threatened us. We should just blow up the whole country and kill Benladin. We also should free the people who cant get out of that country.

Yes, nuclear weapons scare me to death. If anyone drops a nuclear bomb on New York, I'm killed instantly. Not to mention the fact that nuclear weapons cause terrible effects where MANY people are affected, with some of the effects continuing for years after the bombs are dropped.
    *Evil*Princess*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: WDW Resort (so shoot me I'm a Disney Nut at heart) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Coney Island Cyclone and Comet @ Great Escape | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro and Medusa East, oh and Dueling Dragons...B&Ms baby!

Divinity
    But Osama Bin Laden is not a citizen of Afghanistan -- he's a citizen of Saudi Arabia, only one of our largest suppliers of petroleum. The Taliban government allowed him to stay in Afghanistan without handing him over to us. I have nothing but compassion for the innocent people of Afghanistan -- they didn't ask him to come to their country, and their government didn't ask them if it was all right for him to stay.

But Kraken is right about the rules of war, and that's the most unfortunate thing of all. That, quite frankly, is why it's war.
    Walk Beyond...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast