Thread: Best River Rapids

Corkscrew Poster

Best River Rapids

What's your favorite?
    =-=n00bie=-=

I really enjoyed the one at Kennywood but I hear that Popeye and Bluto's at IOA is pretty cool. I don't ride them much b/c I hate to get soaking wet.
    Working here is like an amusement park! There's excitement! There's challenge...and it will often make you sick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot Center (no coasters...go figure!) | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Divinity
    Personally, not only do I not like to get wet, but I find the waterfalls can be pretty painful, at least they give me a headache. Thunder Canyon at CP can be nice and peaceful, and it's great to be on the deck overlooking the canyon and watch everyone get soaked -- especially those who you know have never been on the ride before based on their reactions. I'd heard about Tasmanian River Rapids at Wild Adventures, and can't wait to go to that one (goes underwater, or through a tunnel at least), hopefully soon!
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

I'm not too crazy about river rapids because I hate getting soaking wet, but Popeye and Bluto at IOA blew every single other ride out of the water! I never thought that theming could make or break a ride, and boy was I wrong! This ride rocks! The ride is good itself, but the theming totally blew me away! There was a story happening as we were on the ride! I loved it! I don't think I can look at another water ride the same for the rest of my life!
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Inverted Poster
    Popeye and Bluto's. It also has good themeing.
    Feel the BLAST of NITRO!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

I like Tiger Rapids Run at the Animal Kingdom at WDW, the theming was great and the 2 elephants at the end that squirt you are pretty cool

Thumbs up

My favorite is DCA's Grizzly River Run, although Popeye and Bluto's is a close second.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Definitely Popeye and Bluto's. The only other one that I've ever been on is Congo River Rapids at SFGADV., which scared me to death when I was 4 or 5...I haven't been on since, partially because I haven't seen it open that much until this year, when I'm too busy riding Nitro
    "YOU got into Harvard Law School?!"
    "Why, is that hard?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Wooden Poster
    Bluto's Bilge Barges is awsome...the themeing is great and you get soaked on it. The cool thing, something I had not seen before, is that there is a storage compartment in the center of the craft to put things you don't want to get wet!
    I am so excited about RCT2...can hardly wait!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point and Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper at SFGAmerica | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull and Millenium Force

This is a repeat topic and as such it shall be closed. Please use the search function in the future so as to avoid this incredible unfortunate and annoying situation. Thanks.

[url]http://www.coasterchat.com/boards/showthread.php?threadid=3752[/url]
    Erik Johnson
    ThrillNetwork Co-Administrator
    Upload an image to the DB! Post a track or comment in SpeedZone! They count towards your post count!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)