• Woodstock's Express

0 0%
  • Junior Gemini

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite CP coaster

Minetrain Poster

Talking Favorite CP coaster

I have a group going to Cedar Point for our summer vacation in 2002.What is everyones favorite roller coaster form cedar point....besides the Millanium Force..........sorry guys........never mind lets include the Millanium Force.May the better coaster win
    Millanium Guys
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America(Soon to change) | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Boss/St Louis | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull/GReat America

Millanium Force sucks!! So I voted for Millennium Force of course of course with Raptor a very very close second.
    Last edited by Darren; 10-09-2001 at 09:36 PM.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Raptor rules the sky. MF doesn't beat it.
    Top Five 1)TTD 1)Raging Bull 3)Montu 4Deja Vu 5)MF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: RB & TTD

favorites:
    1) MF (biggest and fastest)
    2) raptor (just a great ride)
    3) gemini (smooth and fun racer)
    4) magnum (but it got rougher this year)

least favorites:
    1) mean streak (rough n painful, need to be retracked)
    2) mine ride (zzz, should be replaced with something else)
    3) mantis (painful)
    4) DP (poorly themed, retheme it or get rid of it)
    Last edited by theforce; 10-09-2001 at 08:33 PM.

Divinity
    I'll stand up for Disaster Transport -- it may be poorly themed, true, but what's that got to do with the coaster itself? If it were outside with no themeing at all, would it be any different? The track would not change. My vote goes there because the coaster is so very unique -- bobsleds are very rare nowadays, not to mention very historical -- the very first coasters were more similar to bobsled coasters than any other type of steel coaster. They're fine rides, especially for riders just starting out. Same for the Iron Dragon -- another good beginner coaster, without which there would be no bigger rides (we've all got to start someplace)!
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

Raptor was just awsome and it gets my vote. MF was a close second...they are 2 very different rides so it was hard to choose
    *I see stars...can you see them too?-Deja vu (SFGAm)*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull, V2, and Deja Vu

Minetrain Poster

Raptor comment

I've heard people at our park in St. Louis say they have been on The Raptor and it blows away Batman.I've seen the track layout in books and it looks very cool.But with all the hype MF gets I would have never thought Raptor was better.Must be a bird of prey after all and I can't wait to ride it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Millanium Guys
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America(Soon to change) | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Boss/St Louis | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull/GReat America

House of the Late Scapegoat phantompenguin's Avatar
    Raptor, world's best inverted
    phantompenguin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Wooden Poster
    I choose Iron Dragon...I just like flying through the trees and the pretzel at the end!
    I am so excited about RCT2...can hardly wait!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point and Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper at SFGAmerica | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull and Millenium Force

I picked MF. Whats not to like about dropping 300ft at an 80 degree angle pickin up 90!?!
    Millennium Force-You don't ride it, you survive it!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

People sure have a hard time spelling "Millennium Force." The name in the poll is one of the strangest spellings of the [b]best coaster at Cedar Point[/b] that I have seen in a while.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Suspended Poster
    MF, I havent been to CP, but my cousin said its the best, so there...i voted.
    How to keep an idiot busy:
    See MountainMan's Sig

USF 2004!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Dania Beach Hurricane | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

I VOTED FOR DISATER TRANSPORT! When it was known as Avalanche Run, my parents forced me on it. What a weird ride it was at that young age. Now as I ride AR/DT, it still has the same feeling. What I like the most about this ride is the fact that in the lift hill, it looks like you are on level ground, not heading up to your departure.

MF will always be my #1, unless CP can top it. MF, Magnum, Mantis, Raptor, and PT are my fab five (even though PT is not a coaster). Each has its own unique thrills and surprises. From the hurting bunnyhops on Magnum to the overbanked turns on MF, to the cobra roll on Raptor, and a unique twist on Mantis.

BTW, I was serious when I voted for DT.
    Last edited by Cuddy; 10-10-2001 at 06:21 PM.

Corkscrew Poster AllSmilesChica's Avatar
    Voted for Wildcat..
    "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty." - Coco Chanel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point! | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force & Wicked Twister

Well, I was serious and I voted for MF of course.

Upsidedown Rider Johnny Upsidedown's Avatar

Cool

I would say MF. I love the supersize drop. It is just like falling off a 30 story building. I love the speed and smoothness. Like they say MF was built as a heart line. Has little lateral G's just lots of power and speed. Wish I had one in my backyard. Thats all I got.

See ya upsidedown
    Johnny
    Johnny Upsidedown's Roller Coaster Website
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
    Stop by and take a look at lots of coaster photos, construction and trip reports.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Kentucky Rumbler | Steel Roller Coaster: MF, Montu

Minetrain Poster
    Of the 30 coasters I have ridden this year MF is the champ. I loved raptor, magnum as well. Ride them all!!
    Normal is Boring
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast/ Beast (I can't make up my mind) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Mantis

Divinity
    Iron Dragon is a lot of fun (my #2 baby and '98 Crew), and I love the pretzel too. You pick up such a rush going into it, and it's fantastic when the misters are going full blast; you can hardly see around the train, and the swing is great. Nothing wrong with the smaller coasters, that's for sure!
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

what the heck is a Millannium Force??? does anyone know??? But I voted for MILLENNIUM FORCE. It's just so incredible, did we even need a poll to figure it would be voted #1 at CP?
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

raptor is the best MF is good the first time you ride but raptor is good every time

I'm stickin with the Dispatch Master Transport. Alaska (aka DT) is as good as any other coaster at CP. Its just as good as Raptor. I mean come on. Its unique themeing is some of the best ive seen. And come on people, its dark and out of control. its not even safe.
    Maybe MF is better but u can prove nothing. Alaska Forever!!!!
    Dispatch Master Transport- How Long Can You Control IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

It has to be Millenium Force. Tied for my number 1 favorite coaster with SD2K.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

MidwestInfoGuide Chief Editor
    I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but it's spelled Millennium.
    | DHOLLON "SWOOSH" | ~ http://www.MIDWESTINFOGUIDE.com ~ | 585 COASTERS | MIZZOU-RAH! |
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: PROWLER™ | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force™

Inverted Poster
    Millennium Force for sure is the best coaster at cedar point.
    New England Patriots, the Super Bowl XXXVI Champions will defend their Championship well this year by winning again. You saw it here first.
    USA is in the Top 10 of the FIFA World Rankings for the first time ever.
    Congrats to Brazil for winning the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Lake Compounce | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Supeman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England

Why does everyone like Raptor Montu was much better. I have to say MF

Millenium Force is not just the best coaster at CP; IT'S THE BEST COASTER IN THE WORLD

Hyper Poster
    millenium force or raptor

James
    steel MF
    wood BS

and i do like DT

Corkscrew Poster
    MF looks the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast