• Shockwave

3 11.11%
  • Great American Scream Machine

4 14.81%
  • Ninja

3 11.11%

Thread: Coolest Generic SF name

Coolest Generic SF name

Which is your favorite generic SF name that has been used on multiple coasters that are totally different?
    HD: "What's with the stapling? Where's the airtime? Where's the love?"
    Supreme Scream Op: "Where's the love?! The love is me making sure that when this ride comes down, you're still on it!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: X

I think Medusa is the coolest, I was at a hotel near SFGADV. and saw a commercial about the coaster and it was so cool, with it saying, DON'T LOOK DOWN, SHE'll TURN YOU TO STONE

I like Shockwave, just 'cause it sounds cool.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Inverted Poster
    i like medusa too
    New England Patriots, the Super Bowl XXXVI Champions will defend their Championship well this year by winning again. You saw it here first.
    USA is in the Top 10 of the FIFA World Rankings for the first time ever.
    Congrats to Brazil for winning the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Lake Compounce | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Supeman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England

Joker Coaster, that commercial happens to sound something like "Medusa rears its ugly head, a monster coaster unlike the world has ever seen. You're strapped to a flying chair, 14 (?) stories in the air. Just don't look down, you can turn to stone." Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Because of all that's happened lately, I think that The Great American Scream Machine is a pretty cool name. After all, coasters are the greatest american scream machines (on this soil at least).
    *Evil*Princess*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: WDW Resort (so shoot me I'm a Disney Nut at heart) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Coney Island Cyclone and Comet @ Great Escape | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro and Medusa East, oh and Dueling Dragons...B&Ms baby!

i also like medusa
    *I see stars...can you see them too?-Deja vu (SFGAm)*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull, V2, and Deja Vu

Hyper Poster
    i think that ninja is a tight name but i don't know how it fits in with a coaster
    Sup you coaster gangstas, old school x-cellent is here to shank yo ugly asses.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: KBF | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS

i picked medusa b/c i alays think of that cool logo when i hear that name
    Top Five 1)TTD 1)Raging Bull 3)Montu 4Deja Vu 5)MF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: RB & TTD

Giga Poster
    Of the ones that were there, I picked Viper, but my true favorite is Batman.
    "Well, I hate to be a snitch, but my neighbor Homer Simpson turned a radioactive ape loose in my house. Its taken over the whole top floor."~Ned Flanders
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Titan, 2. Volcano, 3. Alpengeist, 4. Mr. Freeze, 5. Apollo's Chariot

I didn't put Batman or Superman for a couple of reasons:
    1) Specific Batman/Superman names (like Batman: The Ride or Superman Krypton Coaster) are usually given to one ride and its clones/near clones... so it isn't really a generic name.
    2) They aren't names original by SF... they're from DC Comics.

Oh, and BTW, i think Ninja is the coolest name... it has an awesome logo and slogan too (the coaster with a black belt)!
    HD: "What's with the stapling? Where's the airtime? Where's the love?"
    Supreme Scream Op: "Where's the love?! The love is me making sure that when this ride comes down, you're still on it!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Medusa cause i like the name and it looks like a really kewl coaster. I still need to get on a floorless cause Knight Flight was closed when i went to WoA. But this New Years im going to try to hit Medusa. MMMMM very soon.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Viper is cool, because the theming is endless.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Medusa, it just sounds the best and has a great logo.
    "BECAUSE someone like you cared a whole afwul lot, this park is alive where before it was not." -The Street of the Lifted Lorax, IOA
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

Hyper Poster
    Medusa...Snakes as hair?... pure gold.

James
    I like Shock Wave
    And I like Viper

None of the above. The names have been used so widely that they fail to register as "cool" any longer.
    Nothing like a big woodie first thing in the morning and before going to bed at night.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels (Small Park) Hersheypark (Corp Park) DCA & IOA (Theme Park) | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. Boulderdash (Lake Compounce) 2. GhostRider (KBF) 3. Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE) 2. Phantom's Revenge 3. California Screamin' (DCA)

Thumbs up

I think the name Shockwave sounds pretty good.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Medusa is the beast name.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Medusa

Looping Poster
    Personally, I think Great American Scream Machine has a nice sound to it...
    Romans 13:10
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Wooden Poster
    Medusa-great name, great logo, great colors

Corkscrew Poster
    GASM- cood name- headbanging coaster