Thread: Gaming News Shocking Enough for Its Own Thread

Looping Poster

Gaming News Shocking Enough for Its Own Thread

It is now official to the shock and dismay of every Dreamcast owner out there. Shenmue 2 is now officially canceled for the Dreamcast in the US. Instead it will be moved to the XBox, but before you go out and preorder your XBox immediately you must know that it won't be released until fall of 2002. This news came from the television show Extended Play (9 pm Friday nights on Tech TV). I tried to find an online article, but couldn't find one. Extended Play airs many times over the weekend so if you have Tech TV check your local listings to see when it will air again (if you're still up it will be on 3 AM eastern time).
    swOHman: Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Virtua Fighter 4, Final Fantasy X
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend (HW) | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor (CP)

Go to www.ign.com for the Shenmue 2 article
    New address, new forums, better ePirate -- Gopirate.net.

I love Sidecar on Mainstreet!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Heartline Poster
    It was on Gamespot a few days ago too.

Too bad, but I didnt play it that much.
    2006: Peanuts Playground/Ocean Motion/Chaos ATL
    2005: Raptor
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Are dreamcast games even made anymore???
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Looping Poster
    Originally posted by intamin101
    Are dreamcast games even made anymore???
    I believe there are still a few games slated for releases (I'll have to a little research to find the exact titles). Recently the highly rated game Tennis 2K2 was released. Shenmue 2 was originally going to be released on Dec. 4 for the Dreamcast and was quite possibly going to be the last game for the console, but now that has all changed. It's kind of hard to see this great console die out.
    swOHman: Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Virtua Fighter 4, Final Fantasy X
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend (HW) | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor (CP)

Wooden Poster

Talking GCN: Are You Ready

In 17 days I will be getting a GCN. The game I will be getting will be SUPER MONKEY BALL. It got a perfect 5 Star Rating in 'NINTENDO POWER.' I think gamecube will rock. post here what game you are getting and why???
    Cedar Point 2003
    "Get ready for a new height on Thrills!!!"
    RHS SENIOR 2003!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: #1. Cedar Point #2. Six Flags WOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: #1. The Beast #2. Mean Streak #3. The Villian | Steel Roller Coaster: #1. Millennium Force #2. X-Flight #3. Batman Knight Flight

Heartline Poster
    i have a PS2 and a Dreamcast, and i have preordered a gamecube way back in january and im like 2nd on the waiting list at the store so i definitely get one the day it comes out. im getting luigis mansion and wave race blue storm because they got good ratings from gamepro and if gamepro says a game is good, its good.

i hate to say it but wave race and luigi's mansion are two of the worst launch games for gamecube. I have played both and they didn't meet my high expectations. sorry but super monkey ball and tony hawk 3 and star wars are the best launch games.

Submit your news and reviews to Thrillnetwork here.
    Keep On Riding!
    [/COLOR]
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot